Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bringing Children to Football Games

Narcosys

So recently I was looking for the rules on bringing children to a specific football stadium and at what point the children needed a ticket to enter.  One search brought me to a yahoo site in which a woman was asking about bringing her infant child to a college game and quoted an incident at Lambeau Field that sparked a debate about a grandfather needing a ticket for a child that would have to sit in his lap. 

The woman was asking the same thing I was looking and the comments, to me were surprising.  It seemed no one wanted to answer her question, and only wanted to disparage and insult this woman.  Comments were varying but all were saying that she was a horrible person for bringing a child to a Football game.  Some remarks were that Football was too violent of a sport for an infant (Under the age of 2), to be at a game and equated it to taking them to a UFC fight.

Even though being two, they would have no idea or recollection as to whats going on, but these people failed to take this into account.

And what is the difference between watching in stadium and seeing it on TV?  None in my opinion, but this logic seems to go over these peoples heads.

They said that any parent who brings their child to a football game needs to have their heads examined, that people don't want to change their demeanor just cause a child is around, just in case they want to get rowdy. That the child should be in his crib rather than wrapped up at a football game. 

In my opinion, why are you Wanting to get rowdy to begin with?  People can be obnoxious and jeer opponents fans, but why are you wanting to get almost physical?

Again, this child will know nothing of what's going on. 

And then to top it off, this child is a complete inconvenience to everyone around them.  One user just flatly told her, I hope I don't sit next to you.

I have a child who will be nearly 5 months old at the time of the game, I wont need a ticket.  I have already taken my other child to a football game who was a year and half at the time and all she did was sleep the whole time. But I wanted to get a feeling from this community as to your opinions on bringing kids to games.

Keep in mind we understand that if your child acts up, it is only appropriate for you to get up so that you don't inconvenience others.  There are always TV's in the concession areas and bathrooms in some places.

Edit:  and if you disagree with me, please let me know your true opinion.  No need to sugarcoat it, I want an honest opinion.  Thanks.

Taking a small child to a sporting event sounds like a nightmare to me. Its a long time for them to sit still, multiple trips to the crowded restroom etc. But if its what you want to do, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it. Try to get an isle seat if you can

Taking a small child to a sporting event sounds like a nightmare to me. Its a long time for them to sit still, multiple trips to the crowded restroom etc. But if its what you want to do, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it. Try to get an isle seat if you can

And I can understand that.  Its dependent on how much you trust your child to be able to handle that situation.  We trust our daughter and it worked out great.  I can comfortably say that about my son as well. 

And I can understand that. Its dependent on how much you trust your child to be able to handle that situation. We trust our daughter and it worked out great. I can comfortably say that about my son as well.

If you have a 5 month old that can sit still that long, you are a lucky lucky person. haha. I see no problem taking a child as long as they can handle it. The violence is certainly a non issue as far as I'm condensed

If you have a 5 month old that can sit still that long, you are a lucky lucky person. haha. I see no problem taking a child as long as they can handle it. The violence is certainly a non issue as far as I'm condensed

My first child I was very luck with. Slept the whole game and could handle flying and a 12 hour road trip no sweat.

I'm planning to bring my 2 1/2 yr old to a preseason game this year. I figure we'll intentionally get there late, walk around the stadium to feel the scale of it, then take our seats until he gets squirmy (I'm guessing it'll be about 1 drive each team). If he lasts longer, great. If not, I won't be upset about leaving, either.

You are a horrible person, I can't believe you would expose your child to such horrific violence!!!!!

JK, no I don't see what the big deal is, especially at that age they won't really know what's going on...... I can't wait to take my 5 yr old son to his first Colts game!!!!!

Naturally, parents are free to bring their children to an NFL game if they so desire. Personally, I subscribe to the notion that small children aren't going be interested in the game or even remember it years later so why bother but that's just me. Again, if parents want to drag kids along with them to stadiums that's their right of course, but it wouldn't be my idea of a good time. I think most fans just don't want a crying kid who is tired & can't settle down next to them. That's their biggest fear: A wild child who won't settle down & disrupts the enjoyment of the game for everyone else. 

You see more at home on NFL Sunday Ticket with multiple HD field angles anyway. Yeah I know, being there lives carries with it it's only level of mystique that's true, but there's no long commutes back home, overpriced food, & bad seating in the comfort of your own home or apartment either. I get the Colts comradery aspect though, which is a valid point. 

Yes, 1 could make the argument that you can buy team jerseys & hats on site, but online ordering of merchandise is pretty slick & easy today, but then again foreign fans might pay a king's ransom in international shipping fees too which requires being at the stadium to avoid those hefty costs as well. Or Colts apparel might not be available in their homeland or native country either. 

We took my nephew (8 at the time) to the Texans/Colts game a few years back in Houston. He was dressed by his father, a huge Texans' fan (no worries, I've converted my nephew back to the light side). He still got somewhat scared of some of the threats I received, simply by wearing blue and white. If you are going to a home game, I wouldn't worry as much, but every team has some a******.

I think taking a child to a football game can be a risky thing. Most kids get real bored and restless. There's nothing worse than seeing a child who would rather be somewhere else than there. I know some parents are torn between trying to make it a family thing but sometimes a child don't understand that. It might be a good time for some grand parent time? Most young kids would have a better time with grandma and grandpa than be made to sit for a long period of time. Sometime it's a good thing for parents to do something together without kids. A little break can be a good thing. A tired child can be a handful as we all know and putting yourself and the child in that position could ruin your experience. If he child is old enough to get excited and know what is going on then by all means take them.

I wouldn't do it but it depends on the child.  I would tend to think it would be very bad for their ears.  It's very loud in there.

But if you put head phones on them to protect their hearing and you don't cause problems for the people sitting around you, I think it's fine.

I've never been irritated with kids at games but I have been irritated with people who insist on standing in front of me the entire game so I cannot see and also with drunks who will not stop talking.

But, it's a public event.  Not much you can do about that.

Naturally, parents are free to bring their children to an NFL game if they so desire. Personally, I subscribe to the notion that small children aren't going be interested in the game or even remember it years later so why bother but that's just me. Again, if parents want to drag kids along with them to stadiums that's their right of course, but it wouldn't be my idea of a good time. I think most fans just don't want a crying kid who is tired & can't settle down next to them. That's their biggest fear: A wild child who won't settle down & disrupts the enjoyment of the game for everyone else.

You see more at home on NFL Sunday Ticket with multiple HD field angles anyway. Yeah I know, being there lives carries with it it's only level of mystique that's true, but there's no long commutes back home, overpriced food, & bad seating in the comfort of your own home or apartment either. I get the Colts comradery aspect though, which is a valid point.

Yes, 1 could make the argument that you can buy team jerseys & hats on site, but online ordering of merchandise is pretty slick & easy today, but then again foreign fans might pay a king's ransom in international shipping fees too which requires being at the stadium to avoid those hefty costs as well. Or Colts apparel might not be available in their homeland or native country either.

So let me ask you these questions.

Do you skip the game cause you can't find a babysitter?

What's the difference between a child that cant settle down and an adult that can't?

Why do you assume a child can't behave?

Have you ever, and continue to go to colts games? I only ask because you seem to be arguing against even going to a game lol.

We took my nephew (8 at the time) to the Texans/Colts game a few years back in Houston. He was dressed by his father, a huge Texans' fan (no worries, I've converted my nephew back to the light side). He still got somewhat scared of some of the threats I received, simply by wearing blue and white. If you are going to a home game, I wouldn't worry as much, but every team has some *****.

So we're most of the Houston fans unruly?

I think taking a child to a football game can be a risky thing. Most kids get real bored and restless. There's nothing worse than seeing a child who would rather be somewhere else than there. I know some parents are torn between trying to make it a family thing but sometimes a child don't understand that. It might be a good time for some grand parent time? Most young kids would have a better time with grandma and grandpa than be made to sit for a long period of time. Sometime it's a good thing for parents to do something together without kids. A little break can be a good thing. A tired child can be a handful as we all know and putting yourself and the child in that position could ruin your experience. If he child is old enough to get excited and know what is going on then by all means take them.

I have a 4 year old and will be 5 month old. One does the TY dance, the other drools.

I have a 4 year old and will be 5 month old. One does the TY dance, the other drools.

I brought a 3 moth old on a free trip that my husband won.  She did not allow me to sit down to one meal.  Spent most of the time in various hallways walking with her.

On the upside I have pics of her getting bathed in the bathroom sink on the Queen Mary :)

So let me ask you these questions.

Do you skip the game cause you can't find a babysitter?

What's the difference between a child that cant settle down and an adult that can't?

Why do you assume a child can't behave?

Have you ever, and continue to go to colts games? I only ask because you seem to be arguing against even going to a game lol.

I don't have kids, but I think I can take the two highlighted questions.

To the first: If an adult is misbehaving and interfering with my enjoyment of the game, I can confront them directly, or if it gets to that point, go to security to have them tossed out.  (I've done both.)  If I take either of those tracks with a child that is misbehaving and interfering with my enjoyment of the game, I'm an ogre.

To the second: I can't speak for SW1, but I don't think most people assume that a child can't behave.  I think for a lot of people it's more of a subconscious fear of getting stuck next to a child whose parent won't make them behave.  If you're out to dinner and a child is sitting near you and is silent the whole time, you never even notice them.  But when a child is near you and is crying the whole time, getting up and running around, etc., that sticks in your mind and that is what is conjured up when you think about a child being brought into certain situations.

I'm not a doctor, but as Nadine pointed out, I would have to wonder about the effects of that decibel level on their ears.

Aside from that, I don't think people would have a problem having a kid next to them in general.  If they don't have to get up and down an excessive amount to let a parent and child go to and from their seats, and the child isn't crying the whole time, I don't think anyone would have any problem with a small child being there.

I brought a 3 moth old on a free trip that my husband won. She did not allow me to sit down to one meal. Spent most of the time in various hallways walking with her.

On the upside I have pics of her getting bathed in the bathroom sink on the Queen Mary :)

Ya my son doesn't like sitting down much at times. I don't mind walking around with him, I like that my wife gets to see the game. She wasn't info football before me.

I don't have kids, but I think I can take the two highlighted questions.

To the first: If an adult is misbehaving and interfering with my enjoyment of the game, I can confront them directly, or if it gets to that point, go to security to have them tossed out. (I've done both.) If I take either of those tracks with a child that is misbehaving and interfering with my enjoyment of the game, I'm an ogre.

To the second: I can't speak for SW1, but I don't think most people assume that a child can't behave. I think for a lot of people it's more of a subconscious fear of getting stuck next to a child whose parent won't make them behave. If you're out to dinner and a child is sitting near you and is silent the whole time, you never even notice them. But when a child is near you and is crying the whole time, getting up and running around, etc., that sticks in your mind and that is what is conjured up when you think about a child being brought into certain situations.

I'm not a doctor, but as Nadine pointed out, I would have to wonder about the effects of that decibel level on their ears.

Aside from that, I don't think people would have a problem having a kid next to them in general. If they don't have to get up and down an excessive amount to let a parent and child go to and from their seats, and the child isn't crying the whole time, I don't think anyone would have any problem with a small child being there.

Lol to the first part. But you can address the parents and imo, it wouldn't be out of line.

All of the second part falls upon the parents to be considerate and have some common courtesy.

And yes the decibel level is something to take into account.

I'd never bring a baby to a game, too risky. With so many loud noises, beer bottles / cups flying through the air and a bunch of drunks, I'd rather hire a babysitter for half the cost of the ticket.

The problem is finding one you trust in an area you haven't been around alot. It can be considered selfish but this may be the last chance for us to go to the Houston stadium. Been working on going to a game in every stadium.

I have a 2 year old and a 8 month old.  I wouldn't want to take them to a football game mostly because of the noise.

Babies can get frightened in noisy places.  Then you add in all the possibilities including blowouts and it's not the sort of situation I would want to be in.

Has nothing to do with the violence of football quite honestly. 

I would recommend against it.  I wouldn't consider a person a terrible parent for bringing their kid to a football game but I would point out there is just a lot of things that could go wrong. 

The noise could scare your baby and he/she would be crying literally the whole game.  

The 2 year old is a different story. . . He wants to run everywhere and explore everywhere.  Thats why when we go to training camp my wife is going to find someplace for him to run around and contain him there while the 8 month old and I watch the practice.  She's pretty cool with just sitting around though if need be.  But I wouldn't take them to an actual game.

The problem is finding one you trust in an area you haven't been around alot. It can be considered selfish but this may be the last chance for us to go to the Houston stadium. Been working on going to a game in every stadium.

I don't think it's selfish.  At all.  If having kids meant that your life had to suddenly suck, we would have ceased to exist a long time ago.

Honestly, if you can find some kind of headphones to cover your baby's ears so he/she isn't miserable, I don't think you'll have much of a problem.  You seem like the kind of parent that is considerate of those around you.

My 6 year old daughter loves watching the Colts. She even said she'd want to go to a game. 

It just depends on the child. 

Well, also the parents and how they actually parent the child. Ones that let their child run around and act like a heathen need to be spanked just as much as the kid does. 

I've never had a problem with little kids during a football game. I think it all depends on if you feel comfortable bringing them to the game. Usually if the parents do bring them, they make sure they behave (I hope). I would of never thought about football being too violent, never crossed my mind. It's not like UFC or something and kids even play football when they are a bit older, too. Also another thing is the cost for a NFL gameday ticket. It can be pretty ridiculous and sometimes may not even be worth bringing a small child if they are not going to sit still and enjoy it. Kids want to be kids, not their fault, but it could ruin your experience of being there to watch the game.

The only time where kids were a problem for me was during a baseball game. It was just for the farm team here where I'm from. So tickets are cheap, kids usually get in free, and there's lots to do if you are a kid and don't want to watch the baseball game. I've had a group of kids literally stand in front of me while I'm trying to watch the game. Like seriously in that area between my knees and the seat in front of me. It only happened one time but still. We were looking around for their parents but they seemed to not care at all. I am always nice though and try to convince them to move over a bit. So I guess it's all up to the parents. If you want to bring them, go for it, but make sure you watch your dang kids. lol

((The following post concerns infants/children under 2 years))

Not only does an infant have no particular interest in a sporting event, not even a little bit, I would assume most infants would find the ruckus to be alarming, frightening, unsettling, and wholly disturbing. 

It seems a selfish, immature act to bring such a small child to an event like this. As if an acknowledgement that you have yet to realize your life has changed and your priorities have shifted wildly. Your priority is seeing the game, not the best interest for your child. 

Picture a quiet dome, offense at work, and there you are, the one young dummy sitting there with a baby screaming. Congratulations, you are now more annoying than the drunken lushes who spilled beer on my Nikes.

Beyond all this, there are health risks, which I doubt anyone dumb enough to bring an infant to a game really cares about (or has the faculty to understand).

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/17/sports/football/ground-shaking-noise-rocks-nfl-and-eardrums-take-big-hit.html?_r=0

If your baby is somewhere where he/she requires hearing protection, you should ask yourself why your baby is somewhere where he/she needs hearing protection. 

Think outside of yourself. You're being selfish. I get it, you want to expose your child from a young age to something you love. You want to instill a tradition, get them "in to it". But what you're doing is aggravating the people around with the crying, jostling, poopy diapers. You're risking damaging your childs ears or emotionally upsetting them by exposing them to a controlled riot. You're annoying yourself or your partner, cuz I damn sure guarantee you the time will come when one of you will be standing out in the hallway trying to calm your baby for an hour......or more. 

Wait a few years and take your child when they're at least old enough to not crap their pants, when they're at least old enough to have a general understanding that they're going to a fun event, as opposed to an infant that has no freaking idea why everyone seems so hostile and upset. 

Get a babysitter or do something else. Your life isn't over because you have kids, but your priorities have changed and what you want means nothing in the face of what's best for that child. Grow up, smarten up, and learn to be a better parent. 

So we're most of the Houston fans unruly?

There were quite a few that were, but there were some really cool ones, too. The ones I had the most trouble with weren't even wearing gear, and they left before the game was ever over, so, I'm not sure I clasify them as true fans.

I think people just need to use common sense. They need to understand the environment they are taking the child into and realize this is a PUBLIC environment. You can't control what is being said and yelled. I don't condone most fan behavior but its a fact that you can't expect them to completely accomodate your child. Of course there are situations of such vulgarity that even I don't want and shouldn't have to listen to and there is nothing wrong with politely asking them to refrain from using such language...particularly racial slurs etc. Also if your child is crying or crawling around and onto others etc its very distracting so I would like to think people would be sensative to that and not put others who have paid a lot of money in a position where they might not be able to enjoy their tickets.

The one thing I worry about in a stadium environment is ear protection...they are very loud and a child's ears are very sensative....mostly I think about all the child safety issues...falling off a balcony...getting snatched...getting sick from licking the chairs etc. That said if you want to expose your child to that environment and your willing and able to take them...its your choice...more power to you. I never think parents should be forced to stay home with their children if they don't have a sitter etc...we are a community of people that should be willing as a society to be responsible in creating a healthy environment for everyone including children. That said many situations people pay a lot of money etc to enjoy some entertainment or food etc and if a child is being unrulely that parent shouldn't ruin that experience for everyone around them. In essence I'll be considerate of my language etc around a child and I think a parent should be considerate of if their child is disrupting someone's evening as well.

I think people just need to use common sense. They need to understand the environment they are taking the child into and realize this is a PUBLIC environment. You can't control what is being said and yelled. I don't condone most fan behavior but its a fact that you can't expect them to completely accomodate your child. Of course there are situations of such vulgarity that even I don't want and shouldn't have to listen to and there is nothing wrong with politely asking them to refrain from using such language...particularly racial slurs etc. Also if your child is crying or crawling around and onto others etc its very distracting so I would like to think people would be sensative to that and not put others who have paid a lot of money in a position where they might not be able to enjoy their tickets.

The one thing I worry about in a stadium environment is ear protection...they are very loud and a child's ears are very sensative....mostly I think about all the child safety issues...falling off a balcony...getting snatched...getting sick from licking the chairs etc. That said if you want to expose your child to that environment and your willing and able to take them...its your choice...more power to you. I never think parents should be forced to stay home with their children if they don't have a sitter etc...we are a community of people that should be willing as a society to be responsible in creating a healthy environment for everyone including children. That said many situations people pay a lot of money etc to enjoy some entertainment or food etc and if a child is being unrulely that parent shouldn't ruin that experience for everyone around them. In essence I'll be considerate of my language etc around a child and I think a parent should be considerate of if their child is disrupting someone's evening as well.

This is true and I'm not looking to'control' anyone or expect anyone to change their behavior. This is a two way street, you can't say it's public and that you can't expect people to stop being vulgar and yelling just cause there is a kid around, and then turn around in the next sentence and say that someone shouldn't have a crying kid around. It's a public place and if I have to freak with them, they have to deal with a kid.

You say that a kid makes people not be able to enjoy a gave they paid entry for, but somehow yelling and obnoxious fans are ok and they can't make a game un-enjoyable.

There seems to be a double standard there. I know that even if I don't have a kid, I don't want to be bothered by rude/vulgar/overly loud/and otherwise obnoxious people while I watch a game. I see that you would be considerate, but you seem to allow people to act how they want and justify it because it's public. Please clarify for me if I'm wrong.

Well I highly doubt people would be letting their kids near a balcony, or wander far away because you know the environment.

And licking chairs is your concern? Do you have more than one child? Cause after the first you stop putting your child in a bubble as much. Licking chairs is the least of my concerns at this point. Eating airplane peanuts you find off of the airplane floor for one. That was gross.

As I have said before, if my children act up, I believe in removing them from the environment as a courtesy to others. Plus to many people nowadays think they know better than you and correct anything you do to correct your child.

"putting yourself and the child in that position could ruin your experience.

And honestly everyone else within earshot....I love little kids but for average little kid and especially baby a football practice/game is no place for them

This is true and I'm not looking to'control' anyone or expect anyone to change their behavior. This is a two way street, you can't say it's public and that you can't expect people to stop being vulgar and yelling just cause there is a kid around, and then turn around in the next sentence and say that someone shouldn't have a crying kid around. It's a public place and if I have to freak with them, they have to deal with a kid.

You say that a kid makes people not be able to enjoy a gave they paid entry for, but somehow yelling and obnoxious fans are ok and they can't make a game un-enjoyable.

There seems to be a double standard there. I know that even if I don't have a kid, I don't want to be bothered by rude/vulgar/overly loud/and otherwise obnoxious people while I watch a game. I see that you would be considerate, but you seem to allow people to act how they want and justify it because it's public. Please clarify for me if I'm wrong.

Well I highly doubt people would be letting their kids near a balcony, or wander far away because you know the environment.

And licking chairs is your concern? Do you have more than one child? Cause after the first you stop putting your child in a bubble as much. Licking chairs is the least of my concerns at this point. Eating airplane peanuts you find off of the airplane floor for one. That was gross.

As I have said before, if my children act up, I believe in removing them from the environment as a courtesy to others. Plus to many people nowadays think they know better than you and correct anything you do to correct your child.

Some things are generally accepted at a ball game. Drunk unrulely fans are a hazard I expect to find....if you want to subject a child to that then that is your choice. A child running up and down the aisle or crying right next to me is not something I expect to find. It isn't my place to say what is acceptable and not. I would like to think we could provide an family friendly environment at a ball game but every single sporting event I've been to in all major sports and including many high school sports don't support that. I would just be looking out for the child saying that isn't an environment I would want to take an infant to. I was mostly worried about fan noise and safety precautions....honestly I've sat in movie theatres with crying babies and resturants with children throwing food and screaming. I don't think a parent should preclude themselves from those places but just be courteous to those of us who also paid to enjoy that event. We have rules in place to kick drunk unrurely fans out of games. I don't think there is anything standard for doing that with children. All I was saying is hopefully we could all be considerate at a football game for children around us and for fellow fans. I don't think we should raise our kids in a bubble but taking them to a rock concert or a loud ball game doesn't seem wise in my own opinion but I don't think that is what is being discussed. I think the issues that seem to be most at hand is people are willing to put up with crap from adults but want a kid free zone when it comes to this arena. I personally don't care....I'm more annoyed by a drunk fan spilling beer on me than a child spilling a soda. I don't curse etc so I am more than willing to create a family friendly environment...I wish others would too but I don't expect it. Just like I wish people would be considerate if their child is creating a ruckus in a store or resturant etc...I wish people would take their child out but I don't expect it. I fully admit there is a double standard when most people consider this topic....I don't think its right but its just seems to be a fact. Some people are much more willing to put up with other adults more so than a child.

Some things are generally accepted at a ball game. Drunk unrulely fans are a hazard I expect to find....if you want to subject a child to that then that is your choice. A child running up and down the aisle or crying right next to me is not something I expect to find. It isn't my place to say what is acceptable and not. I would like to think we could provide an family friendly environment at a ball game but every single sporting event I've been to in all major sports and including many high school sports don't support that. I would just be looking out for the child saying that isn't an environment I would want to take an infant to. I was mostly worried about fan noise and safety precautions....honestly I've sat in movie theatres with crying babies and resturants with children throwing food and screaming. I don't think a parent should preclude themselves from those places but just be courteous to those of us who also paid to enjoy that event. We have rules in place to kick drunk unrurely fans out of games. I don't think there is anything standard for doing that with children. All I was saying is hopefully we could all be considerate at a football game for children around us and for fellow fans. I don't think we should raise our kids in a bubble but taking them to a rock concert or a loud ball game doesn't seem wise in my own opinion but I don't think that is what is being discussed. I think the issues that seem to be most at hand is people are willing to put up with crap from adults but want a kid free zone when it comes to this arena. I personally don't care....I'm more annoyed by a drunk fan spilling beer on me than a child spilling a soda. I don't curse etc so I am more than willing to create a family friendly environment...I wish others would too but I don't expect it. Just like I wish people would be considerate if their child is creating a ruckus in a store or resturant etc...I wish people would take their child out but I don't expect it. I fully admit there is a double standard when most people consider this topic....I don't think its right but its just seems to be a fact. Some people are much more willing to put up with other adults more so than a child.

I can understand this. I feel that if the parents understand the environment and take the proper precautions it could be fine.

You could make these same arguments for concerts too, though depending on the act, children aren't allowed in certain venues. If it's a bar, or anywhere with alcohol, there age limit is at 18 (I think? It was 21 when I was younger). The youngest I seen at heavy metal concerts were teenagers, and I was one of them. I was sneaked in to see Megadeth as my first concert. Luckily no mosh pit on my first concert, but it was LOUD. 

I have seen some really violent stuff at metal concerts though. Pantera back in 2000 was the worst for me. The mosh pit was so violent and it was almost like a riot. 

Depends where you are I'd say, not in terms of buying an extra ticket but because of language from fans. My cousins live in Cinci and we went to Indy this past year for the shutout game in October and it was perfect in Indy, no foul language, no garbage on the ground from tailgaters (which we are used to in NY), he said he would never take his young son to a Bengals game bc of the language but was so surprised we didn't have any bad language the entire day in Indy.

Edited by 21isSuperman

You could make these same arguments for concerts too, though depending on the act, children aren't allowed in certain venues. If it's a bar, or anywhere with alcohol, there age limit is at 18 (I think? It was 21 when I was younger). The youngest I seen at heavy metal concerts were teenagers, and I was one of them. I was sneaked in to see Megadeth as my first concert. Luckily no mosh pit on my first concert, but it was LOUD. 

I have seen some really violent stuff at metal concerts though. Pantera back in 2000 was the worst for me. The mosh pit was so violent and it was almost like a riot. 

I suffered a fractured eye socket at a Slayer concert way back in the early 90's. 

There is no moshpit like a Slayer moshpit. 

Ha, a thread about children turns into talk of most pits, awesome...

I'd love to take my 2 year old to a Colts game, but it'll be a few years before she has the attention span...

Right now it'd just be torture for her, me, & everyone in our section...

So I say take your kid to the zoo or Disneyland...

Take your drinkin' buddy to the game...

Ha...

I suffered a fractured eye socket at a Slayer concert way back in the early 90's. 

There is no moshpit like a Slayer moshpit. 

Sorry to hear about your eye, ouch! That is painful!

Never seen Slayer back in my youthful metal days, but Pantera was by far the most violent concert I ever seen. 

I stayed out of moshpits when I went to metal concerts cause they scared the hell out of me. 

Ha, a thread about children turns into talk of most pits, awesome...

I'd love to take my 2 year old to a Colts game, but it'll be a few years before she has the attention span...

Right now it'd just be torture for her, me, & everyone in our section...

So I say take your kid to the zoo or Disneyland...

Take your drinkin' buddy to the game...

Ha...

I was fortunate when I took my girl at that age. She either was enjoying the game or sleeping.