Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp 8/3/15 (Merged)

UKColt13

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D'Qwell Jackson just won 1-on-1 battle in coverage with Frank Gore. Here's the hard part of camp: who does that say more about? #ColtsCamp

— Josh Wilson (@JoshWilsonSB)

August 3, 2015

Chuck Pagano very involved with DBs during this drill. Teaching moment with Vontae Davis here. #ColtsCamp pic.twitter.com/eS723TUF2C

August 3, 2015

Vick Ballard gets his first rep in team drills with a nice run off tackle. Baby steps being taken by the fourth-year running back #ColtsCamp

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

August 3, 2015

Good to see Vick Ballard getting some reps with the second team during team drills. Was limited to individual drills yesterday. #ColtsCamp

August 3, 2015

Needs to be effective somewhere, and get healthy. Needs to somewhat live up to that first round selection

What would you consider "living up to that first round selection?" Not being sarcastic, just curious. I'd personally be happy if he's healthy and productive and plays well at OLB. I'm not interested in seeing the Colts try to fit a square peg into a round hole just because fans want to see the next coming of Dwight Freeney. I'm not implying that that's what you want either, but I feel like a lot of people are labeling him a bust because he's not getting a lot of sacks.

What would you consider "living up to that first round selection?" Not being sarcastic, just curious. I'd personally be happy if he's healthy and productive and plays well at OLB. I'm not interested in seeing the Colts try to fit a square peg into a round hole just because fans want to see the next coming of Dwight Freeney. I'm not implying that that's what you want either, but I feel like a lot of people are labeling him a bust because he's not getting a lot of sacks.

I label him a bust cause he's always hurt, and he seems a step slow. Many near tackles and sacks he missed by an inch

And people on here keep saying "He's not healthy. He's hurt"

So you gotta ask, will he ever be healthy? Will we ever see a healthy Werner?

He's never gonna live up to that first round pick cause he was a huge reach for one. Project player taken 1st round was already a bad move by Grigson. Now we got a fragile project player who's getting beat out by Walden, Newsome.... and now add Trent Cole and his reps are decreasing more and more. And then when Rob comes back it's really gonna be hard to get on the field for him

Sometimes it doesn't happen right away, especially if coaches aren't utilizing his talent. Remember Jerry Hughes?

Jerry Hughes was fine here but by the time Grigson got in here his attitude was already "I don't wanna be in indy anymore"

Polian ruined that. You don't take a DE in the first round when you have 2 HOFers in front of him. Another dumb GM move. Your 1st round pick is supposed to be someone you believe can come right in and start

Noone on this green earth would ever start a Rookie DE over Mathis or Freeney

Robert Mathis and Donald Thomas have finished doing individual work on side field and joined teammates to watch 11-on-11. #ColtsCamp

August 3, 2015

With Andrew Luck working with different personnel groupings, Duron Carter makes the most of the rep making a nice adjustment to a deep ball.

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

August 3, 2015

Jerry Hughes was fine here but by the time Grigson got in here his attitude was already "I don't wanna be in indy anymore"

Polian ruined that. You don't take a DE in the first round when you have 2 HOFers in front of him. Another dumb GM move. Your 1st round pick is supposed to be someone you believe can come right in and start

Noone on this green earth would ever start a Rookie DE over Mathis or Freeney

Exactly the reason I HATE the Dorsett pick to this day.  

The guy is literally going to be our starting kick returner and that's it.  And next year?  Unless TY doesn't get re-signed or Andre/Moncrief falls off. . . more of the same.  

BPA in the first round sounds great but you have to have some sort of idea or plan of how they are going to get on the field often.  And I just don't see that with Dorsett.  

Exactly the reason I HATE the Dorsett pick to this day.

The guy is literally going to be our starting kick returner and that's it. And next year? Unless TY doesn't get re-signed or Andre/Moncrief falls off. . . more of the same.

Bingo. I hate the pick, not the player. I'm sure Dorsett will flourish here.... but that was a deep WR draft could've got anyone smh

But the past is the past, just gotta hope for the best at this point. But Grigson is shooting 1/4 so far on first rounders

Luck (hit)

Trent (bust)

Bjoern (looking like a bust)

Dorsett (TBD)