Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seahawks Release DT Tony McDaniel

HtownColt

I'm curious about the whole "scheme fit" thing, off the top of my head I don't know what Seattle runs, but outside of that I can't see why Grigson wouldn't at least explore this.

I just Googled it because I didn't know either...lol. It looks like they run a 4-3 base with 3-4 sprinkled in. I saw another thing that said they 4-3 with 3-4 personnel. So I have no idea, maybe someone else can chime in.

I'm curious about the whole "scheme fit" thing, off the top of my head I don't know what Seattle runs, but outside of that I can't see why Grigson wouldn't at least explore this.

Seattle runs strictly 4-3

Always 4 down linemen for them. That pass rush is why their secondary shines the way it does

They are heavily counting on Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett. I feel they will be worn down as the year goes on. In 2013, the depth on that D-line is what kept a lot of legs fresh and operating for a historically great D.

That depth is eroding. The pressure will now be on Wilson and that offense to put up points in the high 20s or low 30s consistently as opposed to low/high 20s and win consistently against good teams.

Seattle runs a 4-3 but McDaniel could play in our 3-4 with no problem IMO. I hope we take a look. But we aren't hurting on the D-Line. We could just use an upgrade, but its not a dire need. We'll have Jones-Chapman-Langford starting, with Anderson, Kerr, and Hughes as the main backups. I doubt Grigs makes a move for him honestly. If we're gonna make a move for somebody its gotta be Mathis.

They are heavily counting on Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett. I feel they will be worn down as the year goes on. In 2013, the depth on that D-line is what kept a lot of legs fresh and operating for a historically great D.

That depth is eroding. The pressure will now be on Wilson and that offense to put up points in the high 20s or low 30s consistently as opposed to low/high 20s and win consistently against good teams.

As for the edge rushers don't forget about Irvin. He's good for 7-8 sacks or maybe more. I think Frank Clark's gonna be good too. And as for the interior guys they signed Rubin so I think they still have pretty good depth honestly.

Seattle will have to start hitting on those draft picks again. What got them to this point was young cheap talent in every round of the draft. It let them have such a deep roster bringing in these stud veterans but when your young talent gets paid....you need a new dose of young talent....they need to hit some home runs again or they will slowly start to degrade.

Seattle will have to start hitting on those draft picks again. What got them to this point was young cheap talent in every round of the draft. It let them have such a deep roster bringing in these stud veterans but when your young talent gets paid....you need a new dose of young talent....they need to hit some home runs again or they will slowly start to degrade.

The Colts will be in the same boat very soon..

If I were the Colts if they can afford it I would at least kick the tires.  A starting DT off a two time super bowl team should be able to help their defense and I am not nearly as high on their DTs as some others are.  I think Chapman is good because fans want him to be good more than anything else. 

If I were the Colts if they can afford it I would at least kick the tires.  A starting DT off a two time super bowl team should be able to help their defense and I am not nearly as high on their DTs as some others are.  I think Chapman is good because fans want him to be good more than anything else. 

Chapman is much too much the poster child for whether or not fans believe the run D is succeeding.  He doesn't play at a probowl level, and probably never will, but he has done his job.  In fact, go back and look at the matchup with the highly regarded Fredericks in the Dallas game.  Dallas left him one on one with Chapman many times, and probably wished they didn't.  When Chapman gets single attention, he causes problems.  The issue has been that we don't seem to capitalize very well when he gets double teamed, as designed.

Chapman is much too much the poster child for whether or not fans believe the run D is succeeding.  He doesn't play at a probowl level, and probably never will, but he has done his job.  In fact, go back and look at the matchup with the highly regarded Fredericks in the Dallas game.  Dallas left him one on one with Chapman many times, and probably wished they didn't.  When Chapman gets single attention, he causes problems.  The issue has been that we don't seem to capitalize very well when he gets double teamed, as designed.

ive see too many games where he's getting pushed back one on one rather the run defense is playing well or not.

The Colts will be in the same boat very soon..

i dont see it that way.  sure we will pay luck and ty, while we we might lose one of the TEs.  we can afford to get rid of a number of gus on D.  Jackson and Toler are very much replaceable.  butler will be cheap if we want to keep him.  actually nobody on defense is a must keep other than davis.