Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles Trade CB Boykin to Steelers for Conditional 5th Round Pick

HtownColt

Last year he played pretty poorly.

@PFF_NateJahnke: Brandon Boykin: 10 combined interceptions/passes defended and no touchdowns allowed in 2014

@RSmithNYG: A few tidbits I found on @PFF's Sig Stats for Slot Corners... In '14 Boykin was 5th of SCBs in NFL QB rating when thrown at, 78.2

@PFF_NateJahnke: Brandon Boykin: 10 combined interceptions/passes defended and no touchdowns allowed in 2014

@RSmithNYG: A few tidbits I found on @PFF's Sig Stats for Slot Corners... In '14 Boykin was 5th of SCBs in NFL QB rating when thrown at, 78.2

Better than I thought. Remember him getting burned a lot more than '13

Another stupid move by the Eagles. LOL. I feel so sorry for that fan base. Chip and crew keeps setting them back all the time. I'm predicting he's fired by this time next year btw. They've destroyed that team.

He was gone after this year, regardless. He wants a chance to start outside and it's not happening at his height with Chip.

Only way they could get anything for him.

I feel like the Eagles could've gotten more out of that trade but it's the Chip Kelly regime. I thought Boykin played well enough to be better than a conditional 5th.

I think it's a 5th can be a 4th based on playing time.

He shipped out a guy in the last year of his deal that wasn't going to resign got something for him. That's not nearly the head scratcher as some of his moves. I'm interested to see what the Eagles do this year.

I feel like the Eagles could've gotten more out of that trade but it's the Chip Kelly regime.  I thought Boykin played well enough to be better than a conditional 5th.  

boykin is a free agent after this next season.  thats why you see these head scratcher trades sometimes for late round picks.  theres no guarantee at all that he will be a steeler for more than one year

He was gone after this year, regardless. He wants a chance to start outside and it's not happening at his height with Chip.

Only way they could get anything for him.

Exactly. Kelly also brought in the Denver DB coach, and they want bigger CB's that play physical close to the line of scrimmage.  This was a money and fit deal.  Boykin trying to make it about race too. 

https://twitter.com/CSNPhilly/status/627845817378959360

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/brandon-boykin-chip-kelly-uncomfortable-around-grown-men-our-culture

That's why Herremans and Evans Mathis were released as well, right?

I think there is a culture Kelly is trying to establish there, but it is not based upon race, IMO.

Exactly. Kelly also brought in the Denver DB coach, and they want bigger CB's that play physical close to the line of scrimmage.  This was a money and fit deal.  Boykin trying to make it about race too. 

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/brandon-boykin-chip-kelly-uncomfortable-around-grown-men-our-culture

I think there is a culture Kelly is trying to establish there, but it is not based upon race, IMO.

Unbelievable.

Of course lost on Boykin is this, "... by the term “grown men out of culture,” Boykin seemed to suggest that Kelly is uncomfortable with mature African American athletes, but evidence points to the contrary. Most of the black players drafted or signed by Kelly since he became head coach in 2013 — Malcolm Jenkins, Jordan Matthews, DeMarco Murray, Nelson Agholor and Eric Rowe, just to name a small few — have clean off-field images and are considered leaders by nature. Kelly frequently talks about the importance of locker room culture and building a team around players of high character and intellect."

Exactly. Kelly also brought in the Denver DB coach, and they want bigger CB's that play physical close to the line of scrimmage. This was a money and fit deal. Boykin trying to make it about race too.

It's simply become easy for players to blame race when he doesn't want them. To a T, every player to claim this thinks they're better than they actually are.

in 2 full seasons..right?

Yes.

Those still remaining, according to NJ.com:

Riley Cooper

Jason Kelce

Fletcher Cox

Jason Peters

Brent Celek

DeMeco Ryans

Mychal Kendricks

Cedric Thornton

Vinny Curry

John Dorenbos

Julian Vandervelde

Brandon Graham

Dennis Kelly

I do wonder though if Kelly has a bit of Parcells in him where he just rubs guys the wrong way, has his favorites, etc. It is hard to read what is really going on but every single player that leaves there is bad mouthing Kelly on the way out. That is probably a signal that something is not right there.

According to an article on Philly.com today, 13 players from the Reid era are still on the team.

just for comparison sake the Colts have five from before Grigson in three years. Mathis, AV, Reitz, Castonzo, and Mcafee. That's what new GMs and coaches do, they get their own guys in there.

just for comparison sake the Colts have five from before Grigson in three years. Mathis, AV, Reitz, Castonzo, and Mcafee. That's what new GMs and coaches do, they get their own guys in there.

Oh, I realize that. I was just answering Mark's question.

its cool. I honestly didn't mean anything by my post. I was just tossing that out there to show a new coach and front office overhauling a roster isn't out of the norm.

No worries. I did not mean to sound defensive.

But you're right. I find that even when there is not a regime change there is high turnover. Last year, the Giants had very few players left from their 2011 SB-winning team, probably fewer than your Colts team now.