Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

hilton, dorsett, moncrief vs harrison, wayne, stokely

CR91

88 members have voted

1. 1. who do you pick

• hilton dorsett moncrief
    • harrison wayne stokley

Marvin= outside of J.Rice, the greatest WR of all time. I dare anyone find stats, to prove the contrary, WAYNE, probably the second greatest colt WR and HOFamer, Stokely trade pait. Hilton, and etc. are young players getting better, Dorset is like lebron, getting credit before he hits the court/field. So let's not get ahead of ourselves. Besides, Hilton, Dorsett, Moncrief are like 2/3/4th WR anyways.

Marvin= outside of J.Rice, the greatest WR of all time. I dare anyone find stats, to prove the contrary, WAYNE, probably the second greatest colt WR and HOFamer, Stokely trade pait. Hilton, and etc. are young players getting better, Dorset is like lebron, getting credit before he hits the court/field. So let's not get ahead of ourselves. Besides, Hilton, Dorsett, Moncrief are like 2/3/4th WR anyways.

IMO Randy Moss > Marvin Harrison if we're talking about GOAT outside of Rice. Harrison easily cracks the top 5 or 10, but Moss was otherworldly. Big, had absurd hands, virtually uncoverable, freakish speed, commanded double teams and still had amazing statistics. Anyone remember when Revis tried to cover him 1-on-1 and blew his hamstring while hauled in the TD? Honestly, I've never seen a more pure and just naturally talented receiver than Moss. Sure he never got a ring, but neither did Barry Sanders.

moncrief has tons of talent and he's bigger just needs more time to develop he didn't get a lot of playing time

If he starts to play the ball more agressively, uses that frame to box out corners more often and continues developing his route tree then I believe we have a perennial 1000-yard wide out on our hands.

This should be a landslide, 100% to 0%. Not even a question.

Correct. I assumed, when I saw the title, there would be some kind of a twist or something. The only way this poll is close is if you said "today, right now, who do you take..."  :goat:

Hay @steamboat_shaun,and @IndyTrav.I don't mean to take the steam out of your engine, but if we want to use your sites, you actually prove my point.

Moss= Games =219, yards = 15,200

Marvin= 190, yards= 14,500

T.Owens= 219, yards= 15,900

What we see here is that, Owens and moss played 29 more games right? And had 1500 more yards. How many games are in a season 16 right? They almost played 2 whole seasons more than Marvin. So if Marvin played just as many games, what does that mean? Just becuz B.Farve played for half a century, doesn't make him the greatest QB ever. You got to be more careful.

And Moss only had 700 more yards than Marvin, despite playing 29 more games.

....TO was better.... Hands weren't as good as Marvs, but was an athletic freak....Total nut job, and diva, but an absolute monster on the football field.....

TO had a ton of drops in crucial situations. Jimmy Johnson even charted them on FOX one morning.....it wasn't pretty. But I guess Marvin's post season troubles kinda cancels that out as far that debate.

Hay @steamboat_shaun,and @IndyTrav.I don't mean to take the steam out of your engine, but if we want to use your sites, you actually prove my point.

Moss= Games =219, yards = 15,200

Marvin= 190, yards= 14,500

T.Owens= 219, yards= 15,900

What we see here is that, Owens and moss played 29 more games right? And had 1500 more yards. How many games are in a season 16 right? They almost played 2 whole seasons more than Marvin. So if Marvin played just as many games, what does that mean? Just becuz B.Farve played for half a century, doesn't make him the greatest QB ever. You got to be more careful.

And Moss only had 700 more yards than Marvin, despite playing 29 more games.

It means that one of the above played with Peyton Manning. Not saying you don't have a valid argument, although I disagree, but just throwing up stats isn't going to change anyone's mind.

Stokely is one of my all time favorite Colts (and players, for that matter). 

The three of them are a historic trio. Dorsett hasn't caught a ball yet. If the new trio can do some damage for a couple seasons then we can start having that discussion. 

O.o Stokely was pretty good, why the hate?

He was, just didn't really care for him. No hate, just less appreciated of the 2 before him lol

Harrison & Wayne paired with Clark.... really wasn't a need for Stokely. But I thank him for all he did for us, just wasn't one of my favorite colts is all

He was, just didn't really care for him. No hate, just less appreciated of the 2 before him lol

Harrison & Wayne paired with Clark.... really wasn't a need for Stokely. But I thank him for all he did for us, just wasn't one of my favorite colts is all

Fair enough, :thmup: but that was a pretty good cast with Clark at the TE and Stokely in the slot. I hope our

TE and WR squad can come close to the excitement that these guys brought to the games.

Heckuva receiving game back then.