Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Former Colt Austin Collie is on ESPN2 tonight!

horseshoepower

There are plenty of players that have played with multiple concussions and that's their choice. Collie still has some skill and it's a shame he isn't on an NFL roster because he absolutely wants to be. He was clutch in the playoffs for the Pats I think it was two years go. 

I was flipping around and there he is with dark visor, playing in the slot for the BC lions, making a big 1st down play against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. I don't know why he is risking it with the concussion issues, at least he isn't still with New England.

Man wants to play football.  If it were me I'd probably make another choice but I respect his right to make whatever choice he wants to.  (note I am not saying you don't)

Luck to Collie, could've been something great.

lucktd2.gif

I respect the man for doing a dangerous job to provide for his own. Hope he is in the majority, and doesn't suffer later life repercussions from all those brain jarring hits. 

Luck to Collie, could've been something great.

lucktd2.gif

I respect the man for doing a dangerous job to provide for his own. Hope he is in the majority, and doesn't suffer later life repercussions from all those brain jarring hits.

Completely forgot he was here Andrew's rookie year. Man, time really flies

I hope one of the networks around here carries another one of BC's games, Was fun to watch Austin play again, Personally I'd like to see the Colts give him a look as our 5th WR if he is still playing next year

Personally, I don't understand why he isn't in the league still? 

He showed incredible football acumen, and had the talent and athleticism to back it up. I was rather shocked when NE didn't retain him. 

Personally, I don't understand why he isn't in the league still? 

He showed incredible football acumen, and had the talent and athleticism to back it up. I was rather shocked when NE didn't retain him. 

I think he was brought in initially the 2nd time because of an injury to Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins at the time...At least that's what I read. The first time was because of an  knee injury, He was brought in a 3rd time only to be released as well a month later.......Redskins worked him out after that but did not sign him...He probably was healthy by that point is my guess but not back to 100% full strength

Probably a variety of factors why he aint in the league, Injury history is probably part of it with some teams, Age might be part of it with other teams (30 in November) so teams feel the need to get younger without the injury history maybe. All I know is that if I was a coach and he was medically cleared is that he would be on my team