Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T-Rich not doing so well in Oakland?

PeterBowman

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought the only way he would do well is if he went to Dallas with those massive holes they make.

He s always been a shifty runner and can make people miss in the open field. The problem was that he rarely could get into the open field.

I wonder who he blames this year

An excellent question C8718. I was wondering the same thing myself. All I know is this, Trent Richardson fell down more often then Chevy Chase in an early SNL comedy skit or "Natl. Lampoons Christmas Vacation" movie.

TRich could have a D7 bulldozer blocking for him and he'd still run into the back of it............

Touche. TR had no peripheral vision at all. If a crease didn't open up in front of him, it was like seeing a formula one race car slam into the wall. 

My 90 yr old grandma who lives in assisted living with macular degeneration in both eyes would get more yards per carry that TR ever would. I sincerely believe that too. 

Just a shame the dude has that awful stutter step and indecisiveness in his runs....I don't know what frustrated me more....The stutter step or him getting repeatedly ankle tackled, Dudes built like a mini tank and can make ya miss in the open field

I still would not put to much into "not going well" yet......Pads are not even on yet

Just a shame the dude has that awful stutter step and indecisiveness in his runs....I don't know what frustrated me more....The stutter step or him getting repeatedly ankle tackled, Dudes built like a mini tank and can make ya miss in the open field

I still would not put to much into "not going well" yet......Pads are not even on yet

You could be right about his feet Gavin. That's a valid point. It makes me wonder what Mike Holmgren thinks since he played a role in drafting TR in Cleveland which hasn't panned out too well overall.  

You could be right about his feet Gavin. That's a valid point. It makes me wonder what Mike Holmgren thinks since he played a role in drafting TR in Cleveland which hasn't panned out too well overall.  

My guess....and this is just a guess from a fans point of view so take it for what its worth......Holmgren saw a good kid who had all the physical tools you want in a rb, speed, power, ability to catch and run but I think Holmgren might of got caught up in the long runs and numbers Richardson piled up and Richardsons ability to be shifty and might have missed that Bama had the best run blocking O Line in football at the time in my opinion(And also in my opinion college football teams in general have less complicated blocking schemes to learn which makes it a bit easier)....So Richardson did not have to make many reads https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMPu-bBIqYs

Look at many of these runs and the gaping holes that were opened on several of them......That didn't happen here or in Cleveland......NFL blocking schemes are ultimately more complicated in general in the NFL I think so he struggles....Also in my opinion NFL coaches in general (not all) tend to over-complicate schemes and such

Raiders placed RB Trent Richardson on the active/NFI list.

No explanation has been given yet, but we should get details soon. It seems likely Richardson failed to pass his conditioning test. The San Francisco Chronicle recently passed along "whispers" that the Raiders' flyer on T-Rich is "not going so well." Richardson appears to be squarely on the roster bubble.

No explanation has been given yet, but we should get details soon. It seems likely Richardson failed to pass his conditioning test. The San Francisco Chronicle recently passed along "whispers" that the Raiders' flyer on T-Rich is "not going so well." Richardson appears to be squarely on the roster bubble.

and the hits just keep coming

Trent Richardson - RB - Raiders

For all the talk he did, to fail a conditioning test is unforgiveable.

For all the talk he did, to fail a conditioning test is unforgiveable.

Didn't he say he would be the next Marshawn Lynche? How can a guy aspiring to be a "beast" fail a simple conditioning test? A shameful display.

Didn't he say he would be the next Marshawn Lynche? How can a guy aspiring to be a "beast" fail a simple conditioning test? A shameful display.

Actually he compared himself to Lynch in the way that Lynch had his ups and down to start his career, I don't know why people here find that hard to understand that's what he meant, Only 2 of Lynches first 5 years in the league he put up 1000+ yards

Actually he compared himself to Lynch in the way that Lynch had his ups and down to start his career, I don't know why people here find that hard to understand that's what he meant, Only 2 of Lynches first 5 years in the league he put up 1000+ yards

0 of 3 years for Trent. Not even close the last two. With an eye popping 3.3 ypc.

Asking people here to give Trent even the least bit of leeway is a bit too much. That guy hurt us with great profundity, with the full potential to echo for years. Screw him, screw him right in the ear. I hope he goes broke and ends up delivering packages for Fed EX by next summer (I'm sure the packages will not end up at their proper destination). 

Asking people here to give Trent even the least bit of leeway is a bit too much. That guy hurt us with great profundity, with the full potential to echo for years. Screw him, screw him right in the ear. I hope he goes broke and ends up delivering packages for Fed EX by next summer (I'm sure the packages will not end up at their proper destination). 

I don't recall Richardson making the trade....For the record Im not denying that he was lazy or was god awful...Both were true but there was a combination of reasons why he failed here and not all were his fault

I hope he goes broke and ends up delivering packages for Fed EX by next summer (I'm sure the packages will not end up at their proper destination). 

They say Oakland is where football players go to die, so yup, Trent will be out of a job soon. Get that work resume handy, Trent.

My guess....and this is just a guess from a fans point of view so take it for what its worth......Holmgren saw a good kid who had all the physical tools you want in a rb, speed, power, ability to catch and run but I think Holmgren might of got caught up in the long runs and numbers Richardson piled up and Richardsons ability to be shifty and might have missed that Bama had the best run blocking O Line in football at the time in my opinion(And also in my opinion college football teams in general have less complicated blocking schemes to learn which makes it a bit easier)....So Richardson did not have to make many reads https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMPu-bBIqYs

Look at many of these runs and the gaping holes that were opened on several of them......That didn't happen here or in Cleveland......NFL blocking schemes are ultimately more complicated in general in the NFL I think so he struggles....Also in my opinion NFL coaches in general (not all) tend to over-complicate schemes and such

Yes, there were gaping holes in those highlights Gavin, but I expect that in college. Very few of those runs dealt with congestion though or running between the tackles with say early contact from a LB or even a safety rolling down to contain TR in the box. The vast majority of those runs or dump off short passes had a huge space ahead of him before he was even touched. Any back looks good with no interference for about 6-8 steps before they even make contact with a defender. 

Also, at the beginning of that video, it was all university athletes praising TR. Let's see if we can find 4 NFL athletes willing to sing his praises on the professional level. No takers eh? That's what I figured. 

I will give some credence to your argument that some DCs do make formations & blocking schemes too complicated for young backs sometimes. However, TR was not prepared for success in the NFL though. He just wasn't. JMO. 

I don't recall Richardson making the trade....For the record Im not denying that he was lazy or was god awful...Both were true but there was a combination of reasons why he failed here and not all were his fault

Hey, if someone hires me to do a job and I don't even come close to performing acceptably, I don't blame my boss for giving me a shot. 

I will freely acknowledge that I liked this Grigson trade initially. I won't lie about that. Then, after TR played lights out against the 49ers, his darn wheels fell off & both his feet & vision sucked until INDY finally released him. 

Maybe our o-line didn't create the best holes in front of him, but Bradshaw was productive behind the same line & TR simply wasn't. I'm not blaming you Gavin, but like ruksak said TR was given plenty of time to improve & he just didn't or couldn't. I don't know which TBH with you. 

I will freely acknowledge that I liked this Grigson trade initially. I won't lie about that. Then, after TR played lights out against the 49ers, his darn wheels fell off & both his feet & vision sucked until INDY finally released him. 

Maybe our o-line didn't create the best holes in front of him, but Bradshaw was productive behind the same line & TR simply wasn't. I'm not blaming you Gavin, but like ruksak said TR was given plenty of time to improve & he just didn't or couldn't. I don't know which TBH with you. 

Sad thing about that whole mess; If Girgson passes on that trade, he is made to look brilliant by just simply passing up a trade offer. I typically like GM's who take chances, this time, the bet was in err. It happens, and I assume Grigs maybe learned to temper his trigger finger a bit more in the future. 

I was still supporting Trent up until the 2014 playoffs. That's when the wheels came flying off that deal. It was like watching a long, slow train wreck with a sudden deathly explosion at the end.