Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looks like we're losing week 6

trueblueblood

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had the same thought.  With that said I think Brady's lawyers are going to just try to drag this out as long as they humanly can and try to get it dragged out until he's done playing. 

According to PFT, his posse have asked for a ruling by September 4th, but also have asked for a motion to put the suspension off if no ruling is made by then, so it appears that there may very well be a chance of him not being protected from his suspension short of it being overturned.

Which I do not see happening.

You think the Colts want the team that cheated against them to advance to the Super Bowl to just walk all over us again?

The Patriots & Brady may hate us, but we hate them just as much.

We thought that the rivalry would die down after Manning left but it's just has gotten stonger much stronger.

Tom Brady caused his suspension, NOT the Colts

Bingo! Brady brought this situation all on himself. We sure as hades didn't. Will Brady ever assume any responsibility for his role in this scandal? I think we all know the answer to that question. 

I have no doubt that a district judge -- likely Doty -- will issue an injunction against the NFL, with the result that Brady will be on the field in Week 1, and probably all season.

Brady's camp is talking about unprecedented penalties & scientific PSI measurements while the Commissioner's camp is talking about non compliance with an active investigation, unprecedented time for Tom's appeal, & no one player is above the rules. The Players Association will lose even if this case is ruled on in Minnesota vs NY Superman. Brady will be out the 1st 4 games of the season. 

Getting back to the topic at hand in this thread...It bothers me when some fans think that INDY should cower in fear over an angry & ticked off Tom Brady. Why? Look, the man is an elite QB who won all 4 of his SBs by legitimate execution. I will never disrespect Brady by claiming he didn't flawlessly perform on a football field for all 4 Lombardi trophies. However, at the end of the day, the Colts have new weapons in our own arsenal & we will be a force to reckoned with ourselves. I won't guarantee an INDY victory, but I will say we present our own set of challenges to NE now. 

True, we have been manhandled by the Patriots in the past. I won't deny that fact, but we have gotten better in the running game, on pass rush, & stuffing the run. At least, we addressed those areas of weakness anyway & I am cautiously optimistic. Enough said. 

I guess I'm just a "hope for the best but expect the worst" type of guy. I sure hope we're able to finally beat them

hope for the best and prepare for the worst

One thing I remember about all of those games though is that Brady was money on 3rd down. Didn't put up whopping numbers or throw for a bunch of TDs, but when they needed 6 yards to move the chains, it was like clockwork.

Makes it kinda easy when they are running the ball down the colts' throat

They'll subpoena all his phone records. He's screwed.

Since you brought it up Narcosys, when I read Brady's statement that he didn't order his phone destroyed he simply exchanged a broken Samsung phone for an Apple iphone on his FaceBook Page statement, I laughed my caboose off. Jesus Brady, you must think we are all fools with an IQ of -2.  haha

On Rich Eisen's Show today, Chris Brockman, a diehard Patriots fan who is never objective when it comes to his team being anything but perfection said "Maybe 1 of his kids dropped the phone & broke it?" 

Are you kidding me Tommy? Your children are your scapegoats now? Really? Just pathetic Brady. Seriously dude. Grow up & be a man please. Take responsibility for your own actions please. 

Next, your gonna tell me that Nixon didn't erase 18 minutes of WaterGate Oval Office tape because he might incriminate himself, he just wasn't technologically savvy. That's all LOL! 

Yes I know, this example has nothing to do with Deflate Gate. It's just similar in the sense that 2 high profile figures struggled to admit that they did anything wrong or not above board. 

Okay, to be fair, Brady never specifically threw his kids under the bus, but I don't know who is in deeper denial Brady or his fans it's getting insane now. 

To suggest that Brady and the Pats will be expending massive amount of effort to beat the Colts and therefore we are doomed is to say that Brady doesn't normally give 100%.  If that's what's being said here, I'm going to strain an eyeball by rolling my eyes...

no..he wont accept the ruling and will get a court injunction...Brady is likely to start the season.

NFL has already filed in NY for a Dec Action, the Brady in Minn. for injunction.  What happens next intrigues me.  Typically an injunction is a low bar standard and granted.   But  I don't know anymore.  I won't care to speculate... just watch it all play out...

While 5th row folks and beyond hustle into the facility...

Tom brady's first game back, against the team that caused him to be suspended... not looking good for us.

I wish people would refrain from using the word WE when starting awesome threads like this...

I definitely hope the Colts don't have this sort of defeatist mentality...

Every time I come to this forum I seem to run across more & more Colts fans that I wouldn't share a cold brewski with at the tailgate...

That's a bummer man...

Yeah, I'm a loser. Is that really necessary? Or are you just so unhappy with life that you call people names over the Internet?

You have a loser's mentality. You've made that more than evident multiple times in this thread. Hell, you started this thread.

You have a loser's mentality. You've made that more than evident multiple times in this thread. Hell, you started this thread.

So let me get this straigt; I'm a loser because i feel that the team that has handed our * to us for 3 years straight is going to come into indy week 6 with a chip on their shoulders and beat us? I don't know why people have to resort to calling names? After all this is a place where fans come to voice their opinions. But apparently it's a place where if i don't agree with your opinion, you're a loser, crying etc... welcome to the Internet

So let me get this straigt; I'm a loser because i feel that the team that has handed our * to us for 3 years straight is going to come into indy week 6 with a chip on their shoulders and beat us? I don't know why people have to resort to calling names? After all this is a place where fans come to voice their opinions. But apparently it's a place where if i don't agree with your opinion, you're a loser, crying etc... welcome to the Internet

Welcome to the internet. Where people start stupid, sad-sack topics and can't take it when they're called out on it.

IF I was worried, I'd be more worried about him handing off the ball, than his 5 yard dink and dunk passes forwards.

Hopefully we can stop the run this year. Problem is when the Colts play the pats, belichick throughly outcoaches pagano and it's pretty painful to watch

You made a thread crying about how we've already basically lost a game that is by no means decided. You don't see how sad that is?

Look, if you have an opinion on whether or not brady's first game back against the Colts will have any type of effect on the outcome of the game, either positive or negative, then please share. If not, then i don't know why you're here. Because all you've done so far is reply to a topic that you think is sad, stupid, or whatever. And if the only opinion you are able to formulate in your head is that I'm a sad loser, that's fine with me.

Look, if you have an opinion on whether or not brady's first game back against the Colts will have any type of effect on the outcome of the game, either positive or negative, then please share. If not, then i don't know why you're here. Because all you've done so far is reply to a topic that you think is sad, stupid, or whatever. And if the only opinion you are able to formulate in your head is that I'm a sad loser, that's fine with me.

My first post in this thread was "Anger doesn't win football games", which is a direct response to your OP.

And, will Tom Brady have an effect on the game? . . . Uhhh, hmmm, yes, I believe he will. I would wager the Patriots are more difficult to beat with Tom Brady at QB than with Jimmy G. Any takers? But I also, won't % my pants and call it a loss over 2 months before kickoff. That is a defeatist attitude, by definition.

He's been doing this for years, and not just against the Colts D. He was money vs Seattle in the SB on 3rd down as well.

Not disputing his greatness, but it's the patriots running game that has been killing the Colts.

And it must be nice to face Seattle with their best corner injured, both safeties hobbled, and their second pass pass rusher sidelined late. He is the best QB of his generation, but the gods smile upon the guy lol

I am so tired of hearing this on other sites...the Pats homers are all "we're gonna score 60+ on them, blah blah." Whatever. Good luck with that, Pats. You don't have Revis or Browner, and while Wilfork was older he was always a gap plugger. The rookie NT (name I can't remember) is a rookie, especially in week 6. The Colts have, barring major injuries, a TON of weapons. And the Pats lost Dan Connelly on the offensive line, who was a rock for them. I see a high scoring affair with the Colts finally getting over on the Pats.

Not disputing his greatness, but it's the patriots running game that has been killing the Colts.

And it must be nice to face Seattle with their best corner injured, both safeties hobbled, and their second pass pass rusher sidelined late. He is the best QB of his generation, but the gods smile upon the guy lol

Yeah, I have been saying this that it has not been Brady beating the Colts but the run game the last few times. He played maybe his worst half of football during the regular season game last year in Indy and the Pats still won in a blow out. I do think there is something to be said for emotion but really Brady has never been a player not ready to eviscerate any opponent in his path no matter the back ground noise. As usual this will come down to the lines ...

Yeah, the football gods have smiled on the Golden Boy for sure. The fact that he's been fortunate enough to have the same coach in Belichick (GOAT?) for 14 years, and he's only had to play 6 total road playoff games in his entire career, both are unheard of. I always hear New England fans talk about how Manning's the regular season guy, but regular season doesn't mean anything. If they didn't have all those first round byes and came into the playoffs as a wild card every year, they'd be singing a different tune I'm guessing.

Because I find this whole thing laughable. Brady's attitude through this whole process has been ridiculous and childish. I don't think any judge should grant him an injunction in what is such a clear cut case. Brady knew what was going on, period. The end.

And I certainly don't think Brady will "likely start the season."

Amen.

It saddens me that so many Colts fans struggle with this perpetual inferiority complex. As for me, I'm not one bit worried about what happens in Week 6. Either we win or lose. It's still football, and just football.

Gotta love those true blue Colts fans that have us losing a game that's still two and a half months away from now.