Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should the Colts go after Red Bryant?

I think Our D-line is pretty set for this upcoming season. We'll definitely have Jones, Chapman, Langford, and Anderson on the roster and probably 3 out of Kerr, Parry, Quarles, and Hughes. Red Bryant could be considered but he'll also cost more than any of those previous 4 battling it out for the last slots, so I'm not sure that we'll go there. 

For what it is worth, here are his stats:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/15520/red-Bryant

I think his stats were more reflective of the fact that his D was on the field for a long time because of an inept Jaguars offense. The fact he was replaced was again because of a youth movement. He played DE in a 3-4.

This was a mid-season article on the Jaguars' D-line in general:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/10/10/jaguars-dline-additions-yet-to-pay-off/

Red Bryant's run D still rates favorably.

He wouldn't make the roster so what is the point of bringing him in? We are already going to have some decisions to be made on the D Line. We are going with the young guys Grig's really likes what we have. He has said it over and over.

Who does spot would Red get? We will more than likely keep 7 on the DL. I am more concerned about losing Quarles than trying to add Red. I think if he gets he weight right that kid can play but unless we can sneak him on the PS he may be gone in the numbers game.

• 4 weeks later...

He wouldn't make the roster so what is the point of bringing him in? We are already going to have some decisions to be made on the D Line. We are going with the young guys Grig's really likes what we have. He has said it over and over.

Who does spot would Red get? We will more than likely keep 7 on the DL. I am more concerned about losing Quarles than trying to add Red. I think if he gets he weight right that kid can play but unless we can sneak him on the PS he may be gone in the numbers game.

With Chapman and Montori Hughes underwhelming, do we still feel the same way now?

• 3 weeks later...

I think Our D-line is pretty set for this upcoming season. We'll definitely have Jones, Chapman, Langford, and Anderson on the roster and probably 3 out of Kerr, Parry, Quarles, and Hughes. Red Bryant could be considered but he'll also cost more than any of those previous 4 battling it out for the last slots, so I'm not sure that we'll go there. 

I sincerely hope you are not my financial advisor.