Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck #7 on Top 100

RealityIsLuck

Watching that clip made me realize 2 things: 1. Facial hair is the new sexy/back in style again & 2. Complementing pass rushers who sack you actually disarms them & makes them lose their intensity like a next level jedi mind trick. Way to go Chewy! 

Thanks for the kind words on Luck's behalf JJ very classy BTW. I wanted to hear Suggs from the Ravens praise Andrew too. I love me so Ball So Hard University Baltimore wisdom baby. Oh well, maybe next year. 

T-Sizzle is 1 of my favorite dawgs around. Congratulations Andrew! Proud of you man.  

Thanks for the shoutout, NFL Network. Not everyone appreciates beards as much as they should.

You are a very wise man ALB. I'm biased but darn it it's the truth. Being clean shaven or baby faced has no mystery or intrigue at all. 

Facial hair goes thru cycles: The Una Bomber years & now the Andrew Luck years...Life is good...LOL! 

Thanks for the link 21isSuperman. I have the show taped on my DVR & didn't wanna spoil anything yet, but curiosity got the better of me so I took the plunge anyway. 

It's like when somebody says "don't look down" or don't check out that pretty woman strolling by you're gonna take a peek. Why? Because curiosity killed the cat, but it was definitely worth a glimpse at the forbidden fruit or pulling back the proverbial curtain. Enough said. 

It was nice of Antonio Brown to complement Luck considering that Pittsburgh pulverized INDY the last time we went toe to toe with them. It's like a bully complementing you on how well you got taken to the woodshed. 

I know Antonio was sincere in his praise of Andrew, but it's still hysterical to me like saying "Yeah, we did stomp you but man can you take a good old fashioned beat down with dignity, tenacity, & grit."  :P

It was nice of Antonio Brown to complement Luck considering that Pittsburgh pulverized INDY the last time we went toe to toe with them. It's like a bully complementing you on how well you got taken to the woodshed.

I know Antonio was sincere in his praise of Andrew, but it's still hysterical to me like saying "Yeah, we did stomp you but man can you take a good old fashioned beat down with dignity, tenacity, & grit." :P

Actually SW1 dont forget how many points our offense put up. Thats why luck looked good

I think Luck gets rated a little higher than he should because players love him. He's a genuinely nice guy and just impossible to hate.

That being said, I think he's top 20 for sure and will only get better.

No he is top 10 period. Yes he is a likeable guy no doubt but he Is and Has been the only Colts offense since he came into the leauge and to make the playoffs every year not to mention with a rebuilt team and coaching staff and to advance one step farther each year speaks volumes to me. He is right where he should be in the rankings.

Actually SW1 dont forget how many points our offense put up. Thats why luck looked good

I appreciate your team optimism regarding our beloved Colts PAPT; I truly do, but Big Ben killed us man & I don't give out blue participation ribbons ever. Here's a refresher in case you forgot...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000418255/Week-8-Colts-vs-Steelers-highlights

Now, if you wanna say those throw back bumble bee Steelers uniforms are hideously distracting & that contributed to INDY getting smacked down hard, I can work with you on that 100% PAPT. 

Slightly off topic: I've always wondered if the Baltimore Ravens throwback uniform be "Mayflower" moving t-shirts or a laminated shirt of disgruntled Browns fans ripping their stadium apart when Belichick coached there? 

No he is top 10 period. Yes he is a likeable guy no doubt but he Is and Has been the only Colts offense since he came into the leauge and to make the playoffs every year not to mention with a rebuilt team and coaching staff and to advance one step farther each year speaks volumes to me. He is right where he should be in the rankings.

Super. It's my opinion that his likeability gave him a slight boost (from top 20 to top 10). I really don't think that's so far-fetched. These rankings are not made by emotionless robots.

I am in no way taking any credit away from him.

Number 7 is about right. He is just now going into his fourth year after going one step deeper into the playoffs each year. 

This year is a huge test for his growth and maturity

Well said IA17. Luck is right where he needs to be & I'm perfectly fine with where he landed. Andrew's got the respect from his contemporaries & he knows what the last & final plateau is. 

Plus, a premier pass rusher got the #1 spot on the countdown so all is right with the world for once today. 

Super. It's my opinion that his likeability gave him a slight boost (from top 20 to top 10). I really don't think that's so far-fetched. These rankings are not made by emotionless robots.

I am in no way taking any credit away from him.

You make a darn good point CL. It's the same reason why Peyton Manning is so high annually every year too & is selected to so many ProBowls too. Manning still has skills yes, but the run from say 2004-2009 is more of a memory now than a 2015 SB reality. 

That's why I like guys like you, BOTT, Dustin, & Lollygagger8. You have the courage to say what needs to be said. There's no shame in admitting popularity helps. It does & I will give Chewbacca a huge pardon window cause I love the guy. It also explains why I respect Aaron Rogers so much too because he's the exact opposite of Brett Favre. 

I wonder if Watt will be lured to another team next time his contract is up because of the ineptness of his current team

JJ could be elected Governor of Texas right now. He's not leaving anytime soon. We're not talking Cleveland here. Houston has Wilfork, Clowney, Cushing, & Watt. Nice pieces there. 

When a guy like Watt is considered a state treasure, why depart when the money is tremendous & the fans there worship the ground you walk on? 

It's fine to pose the question IA17, but JJ's staying put trust me. I sure as hades wouldn't leave a paradise situation like that. JMO. 

I get what you're driving at: Will Houston ever make a SB run? I view the question differently like Revis Island or Jared Allen does: Go for financial security 1st & rings 2nd. 

Watching that clip made me realize 2 things: 1. Facial hair is the new sexy/back in style again & 2. Complementing pass rushers who sack you actually disarms them & makes them lose their intensity like a next level jedi mind trick. Way to go Chewy!

Thanks for the kind words on Luck's behalf JJ very classy BTW. I wanted to hear Suggs from the Ravens praise Andrew too. I love me so Ball So Hard University Baltimore wisdom baby. Oh well, maybe next year.

T-Sizzle is 1 of my favorite dawgs around. Congratulations Andrew! Proud of you man.

You know you're a nice guy when DLinemen start saying sorry when they hit you haha

Andrew will play better football than Manning this season.

Why is it that people want to disrespect Manning so much.  They are just waiting for him to falter.   Colts were nothing and I mean nothing until Manning came along and deserves alot more respect than he gets.  Andrew is coming into his prime and mannings going the other way.  For Manning at his age to be listed this high tells you what a special QB he has been for all this time.

You make a darn good point CL. It's the same reason why Peyton Manning is so high annually every year too & is selected to so many ProBowls too. Manning still has skills yes, but the run from say 2004-2009 is more of a memory now than a 2015 SB reality. 

That's why I like guys like you, BOTT, Dustin, & Lollygagger8. You have the courage to say what needs to be said. There's no shame in admitting popularity helps. It does & I will give Chewbacca a huge pardon window cause I love the guy. It also explains why I respect Aaron Rogers so much too because he's the exact opposite of Brett Favre. 

Manning was in the running for MVP last year before he got hurt.  The year before that I want to see another QB do what he did.  I think people are going to be amazed at his season this year.  I think he plays this year and next and then calls it quits. 

Mannings listing in the top ten is well deserved.   I think Luck is still young and is by far the best QB coming up.  He should win more SB's than Manning just because I think he will have a more well rounded team around him and at the very least, a better Defense.  I think the Colts have some very good years ahead of them.  Im still not happy about their draft choice but what the heck. 

Why is it that people want to disrespect Manning so much. They are just waiting for him to falter. Colts were nothing and I mean nothing until Manning came along and deserves alot more respect than he gets. Andrew is coming into his prime and mannings going the other way. For Manning at his age to be listed this high tells you what a special QB he has been for all this time.

So does that mean that Andrew isn't allowed to play better football then Peyton until Peyton retires and that we must talk in dark rooms in hushed tones if we have a different opinion on the subject?

So does that mean that Andrew isn't allowed to play better football then Peyton until Peyton retires and that we must talk in dark rooms in hushed tones if we have a different opinion on the subject?

Not at all, Its just I feel there is a lot of disrespect towards Peyton and he deserves better.    As a long time Colts fan I remember the many years of terrible teams and Peyton changed all that.  I just dont understand the disrespect coming from some Colts fans.  He still is putting out incredible statistics and is still one of the best in the league.  To say he was ranked number 5 only because of sentimental reasons is ignoring his excellent playing the last few years.  I dont think its time to compare the two QB's because Luck has many years left.  As I said, I think he will get more rings than Peyton because of the team around him.  I do think Luck is a special QB but to disregard what Peyton has done for this team , to me, is disrespectful.