Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wilson says God spoke to him right after Super Bowl interception

amfootball

So file this story under somewhat bizarre. Wilson said God spoke to him right after the fatal pick in the SB and said, " I'm using you ... I want to see how you respond. But most importantly I want them to see how you respond.”

This obviously begs the question, was his response to then ask Seattle to be the highest paid player in the league? And of course what about poor Pete Carroll who has bore the brunt of this more so than Wilson.

And this was a gem of comment on the story, "My understanding is that the league is considering whether to hire Ted Wells to determine if it was more probable than not, that it was BB he heard (via tapping into the wireless helmet radio system), rather than God."  haha

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/06/russell-wilson-says-god-spoke-to-him-right-after-super-bowl-interception/

I know another guy that says God speaks to him. Russel, you're in the wrong business. You could be filthy rich if you met the guys I watch on TV in the wee hours in the morning and figured out how to do the Thousand Dollar Seed routine. 

Yeah, this can easily get off track. I know it was meant as humor and some of us can handle it. At the same time, I understand people being sensitive.

The bigger part of the story IMO is Wilson saying God told him not to have sexual relations with his new girlfriend Ciara. I commend him for that as in this day and age there are not too many athletes going the celibacy route before marriage.

He also said the same thing about "aspects" of his new relationship with Ciara. It'll be interesting to see if these new developments give the Seahawks pause when it comes to handing him the richest contract in pro football, as the man is clearly showing early signs of significant brain trauma.

The bigger part of the story IMO is Wilson saying God told him not to have sexual relations with his new girlfriend Ciara. I commend him for that as in this day and age there are not too many athletes going the celibacy route before marriage.

Yeah, it is commendable that he said that. I think it was an athlete at BYU or maybe it was an Olympic athlete that said that celibacy was harder than her training.

I know my father-in-law then appreciated me giving him a call to ask him for permission before I proposed to his daughter (now my wife). We all have certain old school (or whatever you want to call it) ways that we cherish :).

I'm not gonna slam RW for his beliefs. He's free to believe whatever he wants regarding that SB interception by Butler. If it were me, I would have never disclosed that God spoke to me publicly with a test of humility like that. Why? Because you set yourself up for Joan of Arc & mental disorder jokes nonstop. Close friends is fine, but in a natl. interview that's a whole different animal entirely. 

Look, I get it. RW is probably trying to show younger fans of his that it's okay to think of something larger than just yourself 24/7 & we all are defined by how we respond to adversity in our own lives. 

I respect RW's choice to say what he said, but I would caution him on revealing something so private that openly. Who & when RW decides to be intimate with someone is none of my darn business. 

I'm not sure if R. Wilson realizes how egotistical he sounds with these comments. 

1. God spoke to me because I am now going through something so horrible: playing a kids game, making millions of dollars, throwing an interception in the super Bowl. Whoa is me.

2. I am so important and a role model to so many that God has chosen to speak through me and my actions. After all, I am going through so much here.

I'm not gonna slam RW for his beliefs. He's free to believe whatever he wants regarding that SB interception by Butler. If it were me, I would have never disclosed that God spoke to me publicly with a test of humility like that. Why? Because you set yourself up for Joan of Arc & mental disorder jokes nonstop. Close friends is fine, but in a natl. interview that's a whole different animal entirely. 

Look, I get it. RW is probably trying to show younger fans of his that it's okay to think of something larger than just yourself 24/7 & we all are defined by how we respond to adversity in our own lives. 

I respect RW's choice to say what he said, but I would caution him on revealing something so private that openly. Who & when RW decides to be intimate with someone is none of my darn business. 

I agree SW but I think for Russell his faith is part of who he is. Much like Tebow and Ray Lewis. As someone that shares the same faith, I have often wondered why athletes feel the need to publicize God the way they do. I have shared this story before but Reggie White back when he was with the Eagles was asked by a Philly reporter if he could go with him to the neighborhoods of Philly to chronicle Reggie's street ministry. White said yes on one condition - that the reporter NOT write a story. To me that is more of what the faith is about. It never speaks of self but others only. I am not sure why Russell feels that play was only a test for him and not his entire team and organization. And that only his response would be impactful to the cause of his faith. That is the part that I don't understand.

Another gem from the comment section, "And the Lord said, "I would have given it to Beast Mode."

This one too:

I’m pretty sure QBs helmets have speakers in them.

So did Wilson hear God? or does Pete use “God” as his callsign when using his headset?

I did message a Mod and told him about the thread in case it was offensive to some. I meant it as humor only.

The thread title could have used a reference to humor then.

Hey....I'm just looking for consistency in the Forum rules. I've had some of my own posts butchered down....and rightfully so....when I've delved too deeply into the topic.

The thread title could have used a reference to humor then.

Hey....I'm just looking for consistency in the Forum rules. I've had some of my own posts butchered down....and rightfully so....when I've delved too deeply into the topic.

I just pasted the title from the PFT story as I did not want to editorialize it and have people assume more than what the story was about.

But good point. That is why I messaged the Mod. And so far I believe two have visited the thread to check it out. At least two that I have seen.

I just pasted the title from the PFT story as I did not want to editorialize it and have people assume more than what the story was about.

But good point. That is why I messaged the Mod. And so far I believe two have visited the thread to check it out. At least two that I have seen.

Then whatever the mods decide is okay or not okay, I guess.

This entire thing is pretty amusing.  I have been told to avoid talking about sex, religion and politics in public because people tend to get easily offended by those subjects.

However, because of this, it seems some people are still living in the sexual, religious, and political "Dark Ages" because they are unwilling to talk, much less listen, when it comes to these very important issues.

R E L A X  people.  These forums are an escape from the doldrums of everyday life.  Have an open mind and have some FUN!

If you are offended by this subject, move along.  There are plenty of threads where you won't be offended.

If Wilson believes what he is saying, good for him.  If someone doesn't believe him, and wants to make a joke at his expense, good for them.  I, for one, find the Lords' comment that he would have handed the ball to Beast Mode absolutely hilarious.

Well Religion should not be considered as humor in my opinion.

I respect any person's view that certain aspects of their preferred choice of religion is sacred whether a person is a Buddhist, Atheist, or whatever best suits them as an individual Susie Q. 

It was a laugh at the comment

You didn't do anything wrong 21 trust me. As for me, humor does have it's place in religion because humor often gets to contradictions buried beneath the surface. Not to humiliate a loyal believer but to remind everyone that no institution is untouchable or beyond improvement in how matters are carried out as the years, decades, & centuries pass by. Yes, I know that religion can provide comfort & peace of mind to some, but I look at it from a historical perspective & how holy wars are conducted under the umbrella of religion. Not always pure & righteous in scope. 

I won't say anymore because I respect AMF & I have no desire to accidentally lock this thread. 

From time to time there will be an NFL story that also references religion and God.  This is a grey area.

I ask everyone to show some restraint both in making comments that might be considered offensive and in taking offense to comments that were not intended as such.

I'm late to the party.  But if folks make light or fun of religion itself or those that believe, then I'll be forced to close this. Keep outside peoples comments in that articles section, not here please.  Only original comments here, and please be careful and sensitive in what and how you say it.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 7, 2015 - disregard the post before
Hidden by Nadine, July 7, 2015 - disregard the post before

Best commentary response ever: 

"If he loved Russell, then he would spoken to him BEFORE the play." --randygnyc

Sorry, I know I'm horrible, but that line's a riot. My bad. I knew RW at WI before he become a SB Champion QB so I can laugh at that priceless joke.  haha  :P
Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, July 7, 2015 - making fun of coach Carroll and God
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, July 7, 2015 - making fun of coach Carroll and God

Pete Caroll better hope God don't start calling plays into Wilsons helmet, Carroll cant compete with that

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, July 7, 2015 - Response to hidden post.
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, July 7, 2015 - Response to hidden post.

I respect any person's view that certain aspects of their preferred choice of religion is sacred whether a person is a Buddhist, Atheist, or whatever best suits them as an individual Susie Q. 

You didn't do anything wrong 21 trust me. As for me, humor does have it's place in religion because humor often gets to contradictions buried beneath the surface. Not to humiliate a loyal believer but to remind everyone that no institution is untouchable or beyond improvement in how matters are carried out as the years, decades, & centuries pass by. Yes, I know that religion can provide comfort & peace of mind to some, but I look at it from a historical perspective & how holy wars are conducted under the umbrella of religion. Not always pure & righteous in scope. 

I won't say anymore because I respect AMF & I have no desire to accidentally lock this thread. 

You mean the Holy wars that stopped the spread of Islam on their quest for world domination?  If you are going to look at it in a historical perspective then I suggest you learn some history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIeG_0WfaJw