Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade idea for Christine Michael

I think the Colts should send next years fourth to Seattle for Christian Michael. Dudes a beast in waiting and a power back with speed that would fit our offense well. This way we don't need to draft a RB next year. Yes I know we drafted a guy this year, however Michael is extremely talented and not being use in Seattle. Word is HAWKS LIKE GUY THEY DRAFTED AND Michael COULD BE ON THE "BLOCK" DOWNLOW

He's never been exactly known for his pass protection or receiving skills.  Two abilities that are as or more important than running the ball.  If I remember, he was injured a lot too.

Anyway, it's something to talk about in this dead time of the year.  But I vote NO.

No thanks. We are going into a HUGE spending year and Christine Michael's contract is due in 2017. This would be a bad idea from a money and draft pick stand point.

I'd rather run the wheels off of Robinson and then let him walk in FA if that is what it came to. At least he wouldn't be negotiating a new contract until 2019.

Also, if Ballard shows well this year... he really couldn't command much money. 

I would like to see Ballard rise from the ashes and wreak havoc with Robinson,

I'm comfortable with Robinson and Herron. Plus Gore had 2 seasons left in him. Robinson is a beast in training, just watch. He's going to be Alfred Morris for the Colts one day.

Besides we need all the draft picks wet can get next year. We got some good pieces in this draft but this roster still needs an infusion of young talent at some key positions.

A Gore-Herron-Robinson backfield is good enough. The real question is whether we can at least do a passable job blocking for them against top tier defensive fronts. I'm worried about the center position again, particularly. Holmes, who I believe will win the job, hasn't really done enough in the league to install confidence at this point. If he was playing in between 2 pro bowl guards I'd be a little less worried, but we're probably going to have someone like Hugh Thornton next to him who is already a bit of a question mark anyways.

• 3 weeks later...