Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck is Top 10 in Top 100

tvturner

Oh, I don't give a crap about the list either. I was just responding to your lack of respect for how good Chris Harris Jr. really is.

Chris Harris isn't as good as Vontae Davis, and he was number 59 on this years top 100, he was also the first CB in the top 100 reveal. Maybe the whole CB class got snubbed, but i can see why Harris didn't make it.

Chris Harris isn't as good as Vontae Davis, and he was number 59 on this years top 100, he was also the first CB in the top 100 reveal. Maybe the whole CB class got snubbed, but i can see why Harris didn't make it.

The top 100 is pretty laughable every year, like I said I don't give a crap about it. There's no explanation for Harris not being on the list and Peterson being 19 other than it being an extremely terrible list made by players who succumb to name recognition like the rest of us.

Also, Vontae was way too low and whether he's better than Harris is debatable, but they were both easily top 5 CBs this past season. 1 and 2 in my book.

Oh, I don't give a crap about the list either. I was just responding to your apparent lack of respect for how good Chris Harris Jr. really is.

So,  if I think a guy is 50-100 and you think he's 11-30,  that makes my view a "lack of respect".....?

Really?

So, if I think a guy is 50-100 and you think he's 11-30, that makes my view a "lack of respect".....?

Really?

"But ranked in the 20-11 range? Please, get serious."

Comments like this do, especially when you pretty much admitted to not even really knowing who he is. You let off the gas a bit and took your 50-100 stance when people called you out.

Meanwhile, a sub top 10 CB in Peterson is 19 on the list and Davis was ~56. The list is awful, as usual, and CBs seem to be especially bad. Harris Jr easily could have been 20-11 and it would have been deserved, unlike many of the rankings.

"But ranked in the 20-11 range? Please, get serious."

Comments like this do, especially when you pretty much admitted to not even really knowing who he is. You let off the gas a bit and took your 50-100 stance when people called you out.

Meanwhile, a sub top 10 CB in Peterson is 19 on the list and Davis was ~56. The list is awful, as usual, and CBs seem to be especially bad. Harris Jr easily could have been 20-11 and it would have been deserved, unlike many of the rankings.

No,  that's not what happened at all.

I didn't know who Harris was when there was only a last name.

Once I read "Chris"...   I knew exactly who he was. 

I never thought I got called out about Harris.   I said early on that I thought he was a good player,  just not a top 20-30 player,  that I thought he was 50-100.      I made it clear that I simply don't read or hear his name in discussions about top corners.

You and others here read analytic websites.    I don't.    Not because I don't believe in them,  but my financial resources are limited.     Also,  while I like and respect analytics,  they're not the only thing I rely on as I think some here do.

I don't think my 50-100 position is so terrible given that the players themselves didn't even put him on their list at all.

Go figure.....

No, that's not what happened at all.

I didn't know who Harris was when there was only a last name.

Once I read "Chris"... I knew exactly who he was.

I never thought I got called out about Harris. I said early on that I thought he was a good player, just not a top 20-30 player, that I thought he was 50-100. I made it clear that I simply don't read or hear his name in discussions about top corners.

You and others here read analytic websites. I don't. Not because I don't believe in them, but my financial resources are limited. Also, while I like and respect analytics, they're not the only thing I rely on as I think some here do.

I don't think my 50-100 position is so terrible given that the players themselves didn't even put him on their list at all.

Go figure.....

I figure that doesn't prove much, except that the players that did the ranking don't really know much more than the average fan. They're largely ranking players they never play against.

And now that I re-read Matt Miller's tweet, he never said Harris SHOULD be top 20. He said he's a top 5 CB easily. 20-11 was just the last chance he had to be on the list. That being said he was arguably the best CB last year so 20-11 would have been deserved much more so than unranked.

My point is that maybe you think he deserves 50-100, fine, but you can't say "But ranked in the 20-11 range? Please, get serious." When a player he out played by every metric, Patrick Peterson, was 19.

Andrew Luck deserves to be in the top 10.

No one is asked to do more for their Franchise than Luck does for the Colts.

- He literally has taken a rebuilding team to the playoffs and one AFCCG sine he came here in 2012.

- He's never had an offensive line, running game or a consistent defense.

- He's played under two offensive coordinators. (Even though he did play for Hamilton at Stanford)

- He does throw a lot of interceptions, but he also wins us a ton of games. It must be difficult going against a defense every week and they know you can't run the ball, so everyone is ready for the throw. Having a lack of pass protection never helped.

On paper, this is the most complete team that we had since we made a run at the Super Bowl in 2009. This team has much more talent than that one did IMO.

I seriously would not be surprised if the Colts are holding up the Lombardi in February. Just my two cents.