Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck is Top 10 in Top 100

tvturner

He's the best QB in my book - I think he's asked to do the most with the least out of the 4. But I'm sure Aaron Rodgers is ranked ahead of him in this poll. Probably Brady too. I think there's a good chance he'll come out ahead of Manning this time though.

For the record,  here is the list of 20-11....    4 WR's,  3 CB's,  2 RB's and a LB.

20. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Broncos
19. Patrick Peterson, CB, Cardinals
18. Jordy Nelson, WR, Packers
17. Darrelle Revis, CB, Jets
16. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Steelers
15. Dez Bryant, WR, Cowboys
14. Luke Kuechly, LB, Panthers
13. Julio Jones, WR, Falcons
12. Jamaal Charles, RB, Chiefs
11. Richard Sherman, CB, Seahawks

For the record,  here is the list of 20-11....    4 WR's,  3 CB's,  2 RB's and a LB.

20. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Broncos

19. Patrick Peterson, CB, Cardinals

18. Jordy Nelson, WR, Packers

17. Darrelle Revis, CB, Jets

16. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Steelers

15. Dez Bryant, WR, Cowboys

14. Luke Kuechly, LB, Panthers

13. Julio Jones, WR, Falcons

12. Jamaal Charles, RB, Chiefs

11. Richard Sherman, CB, Seahawks

Peterson is #19? Wow. And I guess Harris really isn't on the list then. I'm also surprised to see Julio ahead of Dez.

OK, really? Chris Harris didn't make the NFL Network Top 100? That's crazy. Top 5 cornerback, easily.

— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout)

July 2, 2015

For Matt Miller to wait until tonight to wonder about Chris Harris is stunning to me.

He really thought Harris would be in the 20-11 group?

Sorry,  Harris may be good...   he may be really good....   he may be better than I realize....

But ranked in the 20-11 range?       Please,  get serious.

For Matt Miller to wait until tonight to wonder about Chris Harris is stunning to me.

He really thought Harris would be in the 20-11 group?

Sorry,  Harris may be good...   he may be really good....   he may be better than I realize....

But ranked in the 20-11 range?       Please,  get serious.

He's ten times the corner that Patrick Peterson is. Put up numbers on the same level as Revis and Vontae, and has been right at the same level for the last 3 years. Some guys are just perpetually underrated by everybody.

He's ten times the corner that Patrick Peterson is. Put up numbers on the same level as Revis and Vontae, and has been right at the same level for the last 3 years. Some guys are just perpetually underrated by everybody.

You're probably right....

But I just never hear or read Harris' name when the other top corners are mentioned.    I always thought he was at least a rung down on the list.

Not saying he's not 100,  but my perception is he's closer to being somewhere between 50-100 than in the top-30.

But I just never hear or read Harris' name when the other top corners are mentioned.    I always thought he was at least a rung down on the list.

Not saying he's not 100,  but my perception is he's closer to being somewhere between 50-100 than in the top-30.

Statistically he was on par with Vontae last year... Harris is overshadowed by Talib and it could be argued that he is, at the very least, a top-10 corner. He should have been on the top-100 list.

Vontae isn't really mentioned with Sherman, Revis, Haden, and Peterson the majority of the time either. Harris and Davis just seem to do their jobs and leave the talking and flash at home. I'd easily take Harris and Davis over Haden and Peterson.

But I just never hear or read Harris' name when the other top corners are mentioned. I always thought he was at least a rung down on the list.

Not saying he's not 100, but my perception is he's closer to being somewhere between 50-100 than in the top-30.

Whenever I read about top CBs, his name is there. It is a joke that he (Chris Harris) and safety Harrison Smith did not make the top 100.

As for Luck, I am pleased he made the top 10. It is deserved given what he has accomplished since coming to the league.

But I just never hear or read Harris' name when the other top corners are mentioned. I always thought he was at least a rung down on the list.

Not saying he's not 100, but my perception is he's closer to being somewhere between 50-100 than in the top-30.

Your perception is wrong. He was easily one of the best CBs last year, definitely better than Peterson. PFFs # 1 CB and their #4 overall player of 2014. And I doubt there's a site worth taking seriously that would have him out of the top 5 CBs of 2014.

Your perception is wrong. He was easily one of the best CBs last year, definitely better than Peterson. PFFs # 1 CB and their #4 overall player of 2014. And I doubt there's a site worth taking seriously that would have him out of the top 5 CBs of 2014.

Thanks....

But I wasn't talking about a 1-year deal,  I was talking about several years.   

And I didn't say he's not good,  I said I thought he'd be a top-100 player,   just not a top-20 or top-30 player.

Whenever I read about top CBs, his name is there. It is a joke that he (Chris Harris) and safety Harrison Smith did not make the top 100.

As for Luck, I am pleased he made the top 10. It is deserved given what he has accomplished since coming to the league.

To be clear,  I also called him a top-100 player.    But a top-50/100 player,  and not a top-20/30.

Thanks....

But I wasn't talking about a 1-year deal, I was talking about several years.

And I didn't say he's not good, I said I thought he'd be a top-100 player, just not a top-20 or top-30 player.

The top 100 is based on the previous season. And he's easily been a top 10/5 CB every year following his rookie season.

The top 100 is based on the previous season. And he's easily been a top 10/5 CB every year following his rookie season.

I think part of the problem with the top-100 every year is that it's not clear what it's based on.

If it's only based on the previous season,  then someone like Adrian Peterson shouldn't be on the list.    He missed 15 of 16 games.

If they had one in 2012,  Peyton Manning shouldn't have been on it, because he missed all of 2011 with his neck.

That's why I don't get too worked up over this,  because I don't think the NFLN does a good job explaining the criteria to the players.     The players do what they want to do and it's very inconsistent.

Sometimes it's a reward for one year.    And sometimes it's more on career achievement.     Frustrating for the lack of consistency, I know.

I think part of the problem with the top-100 every year is that it's not clear what it's based on.

If it's only based on the previous season, then someone like Adrian Peterson shouldn't be on the list. He missed 15 of 16 games.

If they had one in 2012, Peyton Manning shouldn't have been on it, because he missed all of 2011 with his neck.

That's why I don't get too worked up over this, because I don't think the NFLN does a good job explaining the criteria to the players. The players do what they want to do and it's very inconsistent.

Sometimes it's a reward for one year. And sometimes it's more on career achievement. Frustrating for the lack of consistency, I know.

Oh, I don't give a crap about the list either. I was just responding to your apparent lack of respect for how good Chris Harris Jr. really is.