Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Forget Moncrief's hops

12isthenew18

Really? Basically slowing the frames down then speeding them up at the apex of his jump makes it look fake? Two functions a monkey could perform in basic video editing.

If Colt wished for people to take this seriously, he should make sure that we can actually see him, and probably run it in normal speed. It's not my fault that this video screams fakery. 

Two functions a monkey could perform in basic video editing.

Even a monkey would know that they need not "edit" a video of this nature at all. It begs the question.....why was it edited at all? ....and why can't we see the entire subject in frame? 

That's two red flags. How many red flags would suffice to arouse your suspicion? 

Totally off-topic, but I've got this oceanfront property in Montana I'll sell to you for dirt cheap. 

If Colt wished for people to take this seriously, he should make sure that we can actually see him, and probably run it in normal speed. It's not my fault that this video screams fakery.

Even a monkey would know that they need not "edit" a video of this nature at all. It begs the question.....why was it edited at all? ....and why can't we see the entire subject in frame?

That's two red flags. How many red flags would suffice to arouse your suspicion?

Totally off-topic, but I've got this oceanfront property in Montana I'll sell to you for dirt cheap.

There are NO red flags.. The video was slowed then returned to its normal framerate nothing more... There is zero trickery. I know things like this are beyond belief to some of you couch jockeys out there but even the semi-elite athletes are out there doing this let alone the elite athletes..

There are NO red flags.. The video was slowed then returned to its normal framerate nothing more... There is zero trickery. I know things like this are beyond belief to some of you couch jockeys out there but even the semi-elite athletes are out there doing this let alone the elite athletes..

Couch jockey? Who you callin' couch jockey? I'm a freakin' bad dude over here.

Fear of spiders is called arachnophobia.

Fear of confinement is called claustrophobia.

Fear of ruksak is called logical.

There used to be a street named after me, but they closed it. Because nobody can cross ruksak and live.

I don't have to flush the toilet, I scare the @#$% out of it. 

Ruksak doesn't read the posts here. I stare at them until they give me the information I want. 

Death once had a near-ruksak experience

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

Anywho.... this is just conversation (or at least it was until the token justice warrior showed up). The leap, the vid, may be 100% legit. I'm not saying it isn't. I'm saying either this is bunk, or they did a purely amateur job of presenting it, as if a 14 year old was producing it. It just looks funny, and there's no reason why it should. It seems rather simple to just make a 5 second vid of a jump in a manner that doesn't raise red flags. 

Does everyone who cannot do this fall into the couch jockey category?  :thmdown:

That's not what I said or interpreted...

You applied a very negative connotation to anyone who dares to discuss whether or not that was a joke video. I get that you disagree, and that's cool. But "You couch jockeys out there" was a bit uncalled for. Kinda bummed out what I thought was a rather benign and chummy conversation. 

Really?  Tell that to the two guys who jumped up in the air and tore their ACLs celebrating sacks last year. 

Tulloch and Houston tore their ACL's after they had landed from jumping around like *s, which is far different than what Colt Anderson was doing in his video.. :thmup:

You applied a very negative connotation to anyone who dares to discuss whether or not that was a joke video. I get that you disagree, and that's cool. But "You couch jockeys out there" was a bit uncalled for. Kinda bummed out what I thought was a rather benign and chummy conversation. 

To your point of wanting to see an ESPN 4K Highlight video to prove there was no "trickery", sure I might have drawn the line in the sand a little far, but come on - your "reaching" on the subject was a bit much as well..

It's fake but well done enough to make B/R, lol.  He obviously grabbed a chin-up bar or something out of the camera field-of-view.  The camera person saying a low-tone "nice" solidified the fakeness rating as well.  On a scale of 1 to 10, this rates a 10 on fakeness, but gets an 8 on how many people actaully "bought it".

To your point of wanting to see an ESPN 4K Highlight video to prove there was no "trickery", sure I might have drawn the line in the sand a little far, but come on - your "reaching" on the subject was a bit much as well..

Just having his entire body in frame would suffice, even if recorded by a VHS camera. 

It is a bit strange though, that if this was a joke, he hasn't said so. I would expect him to reveal a joke that got picked up by media outlets after letting people stew on it for a few days. 

If it was a fake video, I would assume it was just for fun, and I would assume he'd let us off the hook by now. So that goes to your point on the matter a bit. I doubt he would want to purposely deceive people, as there would be nothing to gain from doing so. 

It's fake but well done enough to make B/R, lol.  He obviously grabbed a chin-up bar or something out of the camera field-of-view.  The camera person saying a low-tone "nice" solidified the fakeness rating as well.  On a scale of 1 to 10, this rates a 10 on fakeness, but gets an 8 on how many people actaully "bought it".

I'm sure Colt Anderson has nothing better to do than fake a video like this. This is not fake.

It's an excellent jump but not even close to impossible, especially for an extremely athletic professional athlete.

lol wat

Tulloch and Houston tore their ACL's after they had landed from jumping around like *s, which is far different than what Colt Anderson was doing in his video.. :thmup:

Nice try with your emoticon and all... but pretty unconvincing defense of your point that torn ACL's aren't from, among other things, running and jumping as you said in your original commentary.  Do you really think it less possible to tear an ACL by doing his rather risky jump up and then back down that high than the far shorter jumps the sack-* made?  You aren't even winning on semantics on this one no matter how many emoticons you choose to use.  

Nice try with your emoticon and all... but pretty unconvincing defense of your point that torn ACL's aren't from, among other things, running and jumping as you said in your original commentary.  Do you really think it less possible to tear an ACL by doing his rather risky jump up and then back down that high than the far shorter jumps the sack-* made?  You aren't even winning on semantics on this one no matter how many emoticons you choose to use.

There were 2 TOTAL ACL tears in the NBA last year - you know, guys who run around and jump all day - and NEITHER happened from jumping... These guys jump into and around each other 82+ games a year and yet an injury like Derrick Rose (torn ACL/MCL) had 2 years ago is the only extreme outlier. Anderson was probably at a higher risk of breaking his neck from that jump than tearing an ACL... :thmup:

NLNZ2CPw78YSc.gif

There were 2 TOTAL ACL tears in the NBA last year - you know, guys who run around and jump all day - and NEITHER happened from jumping... These guys jump into and around each other 82+ games a year and yet an injury like Derrick Rose (torn ACL/MCL) had 2 years ago is the only extreme outlier. Anderson was probably at a higher risk of breaking his neck from that jump than tearing an ACL... :thmup:

NLNZ2CPw78YSc.gif

Sure it doesn't happen often that someone tears an ACL while walking running, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. They're low impact movements, obviously they aren't going to be the leading cause. David Beckham once partially tore his ACL just from going from a walk to a jog in a game

Sure it doesn't happen often that someone tears an ACL while walking running, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. They're low impact movements, obviously they aren't going to be the leading cause. David Beckham once partially tore his ACL just from going from a walk to a jog in a game

I was referring to the "jumping" aspect in my last couple of posts which were in response to posters saying he could have torn his ACL doing box jumps. If it were that obvious of an occurance then we would see basketball players blowing knees left and right due to all of the jumping they do. However, in the freak instance of Derrick Rose's injury, ACL's are rarely torn from "jumping" and the statistics show and prove that.

I have seen ACL's get torn from jumping because the landing. If he does not land properly he could tear ligaments if not the ACL

I just think its a big risk to do this.

I tore my acl when I missed a step.  Absolutely a bad landing

I have seen ACL's get torn from jumping because the landing. If he does not land properly he could tear ligaments if not the ACL

I just think its a big risk to do this.

Athletes jump. Jumping is risky. Being an athlete is risky.

I'm sure Colt Anderson has nothing better to do than fake a video like this. This is not fake.

It's an excellent jump but not even close to impossible, especially for an extremely athletic professional athlete.

I don't why a video like this is even met with skepticism. People do box jumps like this all the time. Even if he faked it, it's not like this is something outrageous and totally impossible. 

This is all in good fun until one of these guys tears an ACL!

Not only that I always wonder what happens if a guy lands off balance on top of those mats & falls backward with a resounding thud. 

I sure couldn't do that. Land properly I mean. Injure myself pretty bad on the other had. You bet ya...

stahp_it_by_wsmarkhenry-d64lpx9.jpg

Colt's role as a Colt is absolutely irrelevant to this piece. The guy showed incredible athleticism/ups. The fact that you don't think it deserves any attention because he's not a key player is ridiculous.

Yeah, I had the same thought.  The way some posters are reacting, you think he played for the Pats!