Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bennett, unhappy with deal, might stay in Hawaii when camp starts

amfootball

Looks like Seattle has Bennett to deal with now on top of Wilson although Wilson said he will be at camp. Bennett makes no sense to me given he just got a new deal last year and now wants a new one.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13162754/michael-bennett-seattle-seahawks-hints-holdout-deal

Sheeesh....is the ink even dry on his current deal?

Some of these guys are ridiculous.

Sheeesh....is the ink even dry on his current deal?

Some of these guys are ridiculous.

I agree. . . But this is sort of the product Seattle trying to keep the band together.  Ultimately they can't afford to pay everyone.  And Wilson wants big dollars because he's the quarterback of the team that's been in the SB the last 2 years and won 1.  

I agree. . . But this is sort of the product Seattle trying to keep the band together.  Ultimately they can't afford to pay everyone.  And Wilson wants big dollars because he's the quarterback of the team that's been in the SB the last 2 years and won 1.

Yep....it can happen to any team.

I don't know where Bennett ranks among the top DTs in the NFL, but if it was more $$$$ he wanted...it probably would have required a change in scenery. I don't know if free agency was an option for him when he signed his deal, but he's gotta realize on a team like Seattle who emphasizes their Back 7 on defense every bit as much as their D-line, he wasn't gonna have it both ways.

Looks like Seattle saved a few bucks on him in order to manage the other key guys, namely Wilson, they needed to sign.

Looks like Seattle has Bennett to deal with now on top of Wilson although Wilson said he will be at camp. Bennett makes no sense to me given he just got a new deal last year and now wants a new one.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13162754/michael-bennett-seattle-seahawks-hints-holdout-deal

After reading that I verbally expressed numerous unflattering names for him. Outplayed his contact?! That's just one year. He wants to hold or for $12M more essentially over the course of 4 years. And he says maybe something good week come out of it? Sounds like has just being greedy and seeing if they week pay him more. I'd refuse to dress him come game time, sit him and let's see if he likes losing his paycheck. Reason: they're just to afraid he will "outplay" his contract.

They never would do that but man is would be tempting if it were me.

After reading that I verbally expressed numerous unflattering names for him. Outplayed his contact?! That's just one year. He wants to hold or for $12M more essentially over the course of 4 years. And he says maybe something good week come out of it? Sounds like has just being greedy and seeing if they week pay him more. I'd refuse to dress him come game time, sit him and let's see if he likes losing his paycheck. Reason: they're just to afraid he will "outplay" his contract.

They never would do that but man is would be tempting if it were me.

I feel the same as you BUT he is their best Dlineman and they lost talent two seasons ago already from the line. I think they are in the same boat in a way that the Jets were with Revis when he held out after just being signed because he wanted to be the highest paid. I have no idea what they will do but Pete did not need this on top of Wilson's contract situation. That's for sure.

This still all goes back to The Call!!!!!!!!! Pete HAD the ability to keep everybody's mind off money and on the band staying together. He's lost them man...the 49ers and Seahawks could be battling for last place just as sure as they battled for first place yesterday.