Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis has a message for you......

TKnight24

I get that he is hungry, and would probably give his all next season.  I don't expect 19.5 sacks due to the injury, and his age, but breaking double digits would be a huge help.  First thing's first though, Mathis needs to be 100% healthy before being on the field. Even a nagging little injury effects performance.  Be at 100%, i don't care if it is mid-season.  We'll need you late season/post-season alot more than on the field week1.

I get that he is hungry, and would probably give his all next season. I don't expect 19.5 sacks due to the injury, and his age, but breaking double digits would be a huge help. First thing's first though, Mathis needs to be 100% healthy before being on the field. Even a nagging little injury effects performance. Be at 100%, i don't care if it is mid-season. We'll need you late season/post-season alot more than on the field week1.

Yup, cause Week 1 & 2 we're gonna need offense to outmatched those 2 Top 5 defenses we'll be facing

Defense won't be needed as much due to lack of offense those 2 teams have

I'm beginning to feel my age....    because I read that and my first thought was......   "could I please get that translated into simple English?!?"

OK....    He can't wait to get back on the field and perform....   but as another poster in this thread wisely pointed out,  Mathis needs to be 100%...   because a blown achillies can often blow up a 2nd time if you rush your recovery.

I'm hoping we get Mathis back by October....   that's when the meat of the schedule hits....

I'm beginning to feel my age....    because I read that and my first thought was......   "could I please get that translated into simple English?!?"

OK....    He can't wait to get back on the field and perform....   but as another poster in this thread wisely pointed out,  Mathis needs to be 100%...   because a blown achillies can often blow up a 2nd time if you rush your recovery.

I'm hoping we get Mathis back by October....   that's when the meat of the schedule hits....

exactly.  I have a friend whom ruptured his, and 2 years later he says it is still not right.  He is also a workhorse. granted without the facilities Mathis has, but non-the-less, shows the damage that kind of injury has.  A second tear would 'more probable than not" end Mathis' career, so make sure before putting it to the extremes of full game vigor.

How I feel. https://t.co/oMog2Q03vN

— ROBERT MATHIS The1st (@RobertMathis98)

June 27, 2015

LOL! I read this doing the Ric Flair thing Sergio Brown used to do...

"I'm an LOS brick layin'(WHOOOO!), G code abidin'(WHOOOO!), Blue blood bleeding DAWG... and I'm having a hard time keepin these haters down!!"

Someone please give him two claps and a Ric Flair. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN! DO IT!

"I'm an LOS brick layin'(WHOOOO!), G code abidin'(WHOOOO!), Blue blood bleeding DAWG... and I'm having a hard time keepin these haters down!!"

Someone please give him two claps and a Ric Flair. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN! DO IT!

:lol:

*Claps*

This post is godly haha

Yup, cause Week 1 & 2 we're gonna need offense to outmatched those 2 Top 5 defenses we'll be facing

True. Those first two games will be a great test of our O line. The problem the D could have is if they're on the field too long.

Two great defense, two questionable QBs. Heck, the Bills don't even know who their starter is for game one.

Can't wait!

Limousine riiiding!

I get what you're saying, but I don't quite agree with the logic. Why is having a great offense against their great defense any more important than us having a great defense over their bad offense?

Nothing to base this on other than my own theory but I would be very surprised if he were not on PUP to start the season.

Get what you're saying, but defense will need to rise to the occasion as well.  Both of those teams are running teams, and we've still got some question marks there.  I like what we've done to add to the D, but it's no surety we won't get the ball ran down our throats.  Rex Ryan has ripped us apart Patriots style in the past.  Hard for the O to get going if they are sitting on the bench for most of the game. 

I think we'll do just fine on D to be honest, but I'm not going to dismiss Buffalo or the Jets as offensively inept just yet.  With good defensive play and a solid ground game both those teams could give us a stiff challenge. Yes quarterback play won't be that great for them, but both teams have solid personnel at WR that you have to respect. That also plays into how you will defend the run.  I do think they are toast if we stuff the run, but not so much if we can't get it stopped.

The only thing that strengthens ligemits and tendons are time. That's part of the problem with steroids. The muscles get stronger faster than the tendons and you can get some serious injuries.

Luckily, Mathis is too smart to use steroids, right?

Luckily, Mathis is too smart to use steroids, right?

Mathis admitted to used ped's, aka roids.  But he came out and told the public that they were for bedroom enhancement due to him and his wife trying to become pregnant.  He said the Dr. told him it would not go against the PED rules of the NFL, but they did.  He apologized to the NFL, his team mates, and the fans, saying he should have checked it himself rather than relying on his Dr.'s word.  This was why he was suspended the first 4 games of last year, before he ruptured his Achilles.

Most Colts fans buy his story, but the general consensus of other NFL fans do not. Kind of similar -to a small degree- like with what Pats fans are dealing with Brady.  They believe his story because they are fans and will back his word without question, while the rest of the NFL doesn't. but there was not an investigation done over PED usage....so there is ALOT more to Brady's situation.

You cant say the Bills dont have an offense when they got Shady McCoy, Fred Jackson, Percy Harvin, Sammy Watkins and Charles Clay.... Even with either EJ Manuel or Matt Cassel at QB that is at least an average to good offense at the skill positions...

Sure the Jets have no offense though.

Mathis admitted to used ped's, aka roids.  But he came out and told the public that they were for bedroom enhancement due to him and his wife trying to become pregnant.  He said the Dr. told him it would not go against the PED rules of the NFL, but they did.  He apologized to the NFL, his team mates, and the fans, saying he should have checked it himself rather than relying on his Dr.'s word.  This was why he was suspended the first 4 games of last year, before he ruptured his Achilles.

Most Colts fans buy his story, but the general consensus of other NFL fans do not. Kind of similar -to a small degree- like with what Pats fans are dealing with Brady.  They believe his story because they are fans and will back his word without question, while the rest of the NFL doesn't. but there was not an investigation done over PED usage....so there is ALOT more to Brady's situation.

That's not what he admitted to -- at all.

He admitted to suing something on the banned substance list.    There are plenty of drugs on that list that are not steroids.

You're free to chose not to believe his story,  you wouldn't be alone,  many here don't.

But that doesn't mean that Mathis admitted to using steroids.    

If you can find a story anywhere that says he admitted that,  I'll be happy to retract and apologize......

That's not what he admitted to -- at all.

He admitted to suing something on the banned substance list.    There are plenty of drugs on that list that are not steroids.

You're free to chose not to believe his story,  you wouldn't be alone,  many here don't.

But that doesn't mean that Mathis admitted to using steroids.    

If you can find a story anywhere that says he admitted that,  I'll be happy to retract and apologize......

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350988/article/colts-robert-mathis-suspended-four-games-for-ped

Mathis released a statement through NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport in which Mathis said the failed test came from taking fertility drugs. He admitted that he made the mistake of not checking with the NFL or NFL Players Association about whether the drugs would present a problem for drug testing.

"The union has worked very closely with me to present all of the facts and medical records for consideration of discipline that does not include a suspension because of the unique facts of my case, but the Commissioner refused the request," Mathis said.

Rapoport reported the drug was Clomid, citing a source close to Mathis. However, the drug Mathis tested positive for is "not approved by the FDA for fertility in males and is a performance-enhancing drug that has been prohibited for years," said NFL spokesperson Greg Aiello in a statement obtainedby NFL Media's Albert Breer.

http://www.indystar.com/story/colts-insider/2014/05/17/nfl-responds-to-robert-mathis-claims-about-use-of-banned-substance/9210225/

Mathis, who admits to taking the substance Clomid as a fertility aid in his and his wife's efforts to conceive a baby, sought leniency from the NFL after his positive test late last season. 

https://thinksteroids.com/steroid-profiles/clomid/

this drug is listed under the steroids listing.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350988/article/colts-robert-mathis-suspended-four-games-for-ped

Mathis released a statement through NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport in which Mathis said the failed test came from taking fertility drugs. He admitted that he made the mistake of not checking with the NFL or NFL Players Association about whether the drugs would present a problem for drug testing.

"The union has worked very closely with me to present all of the facts and medical records for consideration of discipline that does not include a suspension because of the unique facts of my case, but the Commissioner refused the request," Mathis said.

Rapoport reported the drug was Clomid, citing a source close to Mathis. However, the drug Mathis tested positive for is "not approved by the FDA for fertility in males and is a performance-enhancing drug that has been prohibited for years," said NFL spokesperson Greg Aiello in a statement obtainedby NFL Media's Albert Breer.

http://www.indystar.com/story/colts-insider/2014/05/17/nfl-responds-to-robert-mathis-claims-about-use-of-banned-substance/9210225/

Mathis, who admits to taking the substance Clomid as a fertility aid in his and his wife's efforts to conceive a baby, sought leniency from the NFL after his positive test late last season. 

https://thinksteroids.com/steroid-profiles/clomid/

this drug is listed under the steroids listing.

Thanks.....    good find.  

These are my thoughts,  and I'm not trying to be clever with what I'm saying.......

I think you're more right than I am.    But I don't think you're 100% right.     Here's what I mean.....

Your claim that I responded to was that Mathis admitted to steroid use.     I don't think that's what he did.    He admitted to using a drug to try and help his wife get pregnant (and she later became pregnant) and admitted that he didn't check the banned substance list or call the NFLPA who would've told him not to use it.    

But he didn't admit to using steroids.   That admission would mean he admitted cheating to break rules and gain an advantage.

Those who don't believe them -- and there are plenty here -- don't find his excuse plausible.

Those who do believe him think he made a stupid but honest mistake.    They give him the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly, I didn't know the drug was in the steroid family.    That's my bad, I should've.

Either way,  I hope I've explained my meaning....    if you have questions/comments,  please ask away.....

Thanks.....    good find.  

These are my thoughts,  and I'm not trying to be clever with what I'm saying.......

I think you're more right than I am.    But I don't think you're 100% right.     Here's what I mean.....

Your claim that I responded to was that Mathis admitted to steroid use.     I don't think that's what he did.    He admitted to using a drug to try and help his wife get pregnant (and she later became pregnant) and admitted that he didn't check the banned substance list or call the NFLPA who would've told him not to use it.    

But he didn't admit to using steroids.   That admission would mean he admitted cheating to break rules and gain an advantage.

Those who don't believe them -- and there are plenty here -- don't find his excuse plausible.

Those who do believe him think he made a stupid but honest mistake.    They give him the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly, I didn't know the drug was in the steroid family.    That's my bad, I should've.

Either way,  I hope I've explained my meaning....    if you have questions/comments,  please ask away.....

We may never know the whole truth of the situation.  However I think I am closer to your thoughts than you may believe.  

I believe he used the substance for a little of both.  Mainly for his own explanation of wanting a child.  But I personally don't use a drug unless I know quite a bit about what it is that is going into my system.  -especially for side effects-.  So I am sure he knew about the muscle enhancement properties without the normal side effects.this drug provides as opposed to most other steroids.  He may not have checked the NFL banned list himself thinking the Dr. would not steer him wrong.  But we will never know the truth like I said earlier.  This has not changed my opinion of Mathis though.  I still believe he wanted a family first.  

• 2 weeks later...