Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coby Fleener leaving his mark

TKnight24

Everyone wants to harp on the drop Fleener had vs the Skins, but I feel like no one ever talks about the 3 drops that Allen had vs the Cowboys last year. Granted everyone had a terrible effort that day, but he stunk up the place with those drops, one of them was just as wide open as Fleener vs the Skins.

https://youtu.be/wXfqDHrMTnI?t=2m28s

Everyone wants to harp on the drop Fleener had vs the Skins, but I feel like no one ever talks about the 3 drops that Allen had vs the Cowboys last year. Granted everyone had a terrible effort that day, but he stunk up the place with those drops, one of them was just as wide open as Fleener vs the Skins.

Don't show people this, they won't believe it even if they see it. lol

At least Dewey McDonald had a reason as a special teams player to drop that fake punt pass from McAfee :). That was a microcosm of the entire day vs the Cowboys, the whole team was flat.

I don't know that anyone "hates" Fleener, but with the excitement that came from his combine, his draft position, and the expectations that came with it, he's been somewhat underwhelming....maybe that's our own fault as fans, but he's a nice overall player, but I can't say he is any better than 20 other TEs in the league, and we can't even agree that he's the best TE on his own team....again, nice player, hope he resigns for cheap, but I don't think I will ever go to bat for the guy against any other TE.

And t.y. hilton does it too.. But you can't compare 180 pound wide receivers to a 250 pound tight end..

And fleener doesn't do it sometimes, he does it every time..

No, he doesn't

Why are we going in circle? Again, a 180 pound wr is ok to protect himself from a 210-220 pound safety, but a 250 pound tight end?! When you add his inability to block, that's weak..

Fleener does not have an inability to block.  His blocking has improved tremendously since his rookie year.

While I still wouldn't rule out grigson finding away to keep both I do think if he has to pick at the end of the season he's going to keep Fleener over Allen. Fleener has proven to be healthier and has been extremely productive the past couple of years. He has really come on since his rookie year.

If Allen can stay healthy this year and put up similar numbers to his rookie year then Grigs may just have to flip a coin if he decides he can't keep them both.

Do you keep the guy who can stay on the field and post solid numbers but isn't as good a blocker, or do you keep the better all around guy who has an injury history?

This is a big year for both Fleener & Allen.

If Allen can stay healthy this year and put up similar numbers to his rookie year then Grigs may just have to flip a coin if he decides he can't keep them both.

Do you keep the guy who can stay on the field and post solid numbers but isn't as good a blocker, or do you keep the better all around guy who has an injury history?

This is a big year for both Fleener & Allen.

honestly right now I'd keep Fleener. He's proven he can stay healthy. He's getting better at blocking. He's producing in a big way in your offense. They also have a guy who can do what Allen does, all be it not as well, on the roster in Doyle. They don't have another Fleener right now.