Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OTA Notes/ Chuck Pagano Press Conference Recap 6/3/2015

TKnight24

Pagano: on Kendall Langford, "you are going to be surprised" at his pass rushing ability, not just a run stuffer

— Steve Andress (@ColtsReporter)

June 3, 2015

Chuck is now talking about Kendall Langford. Says "you guys are gonna be surprised." Says he has shown some real pass rush ability in OTAs

— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen)

June 3, 2015

Chuck Pagano said the Colts have thrown everything at the players from a playbook standpoint, trying to see what sticks before Training Camp

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

June 3, 2015

Pagano: from a physical standpoint, you can find out very little during OTAs, more about mental "alignment, assignment, technique"

— Steve Andress (@ColtsReporter)

June 3, 2015

From what it sounds like the Colts are already up to speed and are progressing well.  Hopefully no (major) injuries plague us in TC or Pre Season so we can hit the ground running when the regular season does start!  I am hearing alot about Carter and Dorsett making big plays, and out of the spotlight, but also making heads turn, Langford and Geathers on the other side of the ball. 

If we keep this pace up, I think we have a great shot to be in the SB, given Patriots troubles, and how we've pretty much surpassed the Broncos...

As exciting as the WR group will be, I am equally excited about the D-line. They should be able to get after it this year!

With the addition of Trent Cole and Kendall Langford, plus the comeback of Mathis, the Colts defense is definitely something to watch out for.  Especially since the secondary is getting better!

Langford was a solid pass rusher in  St Louis, I don't see why some think he is better at stopping the run then he is at pass rushing, He is a better gap penetrator, Play recognition needs work I think

Jones was a solid pass rusher in in St Louis, I don't see why some think he is better at stopping the run then he is at pass rushing, He is a better gap penetrator, Play recognition needs work I htink

Langford! ;)

I've said since Langford was picked up that he would make a big impact on this defense. great to see that he is turning heads in camp. Boy oh Boy i cant wait to see this defensive front in action. Any word on D. Smith? has he been making any plays in the secondary? i think the only defensive rookie ive been hearing about is Geathers. 

Langford was a solid pass rusher in  St Louis, I don't see why some think he is better at stopping the run then he is at pass rushing, He is a better gap penetrator, Play recognition needs work I think

Earlier in his career he was known for his ability to stop the run (when he was in a 3-4 system) it wasn't till he moved on to the Rams that he began to be known for his ability to push the pocket and get after it. The way i see it he is capable of doing both. 

As always, thanks for the updates, TK!

Can't wait to see this year's Colts in action.  Have to take a bit of what I'm hearing with some scepticism as it is

from Chuck, haha, but overall, I am impressed with the roster going into TC.

Is it Sept 1st yet??

Don't count on Jones for much unless he gets himself in shape.

Right now he is just a sloppy, fat, overweight guy who can't back away from the groceries.

Well that sloppy fat overweight guy did have 8.5 sacks in his first 19 starts for Baltimore....Keep in mind Jones only started 3 games last year. But I do agree he does need to tone up quite a bit

I really like the idea of throwing everything at them now and seeing what sticks by the time camp comes around.  Even if they aren't able to grasp everything now, they'll be able to have some things in the back of their mind and can work on those things until training camp comes.

With the addition of Trent Cole and Kendall Langford, plus the comeback of Mathis, the Colts defense is definitely something to watch out for.  Especially since the secondary is getting better!

And...  for the first time a healthy Jones

?

Murray is a elite back.

Gore is a solid all around back BUT is 32 and past his prime and now will be running behind a very questionable run blocking OL.

Helen Keller could have been an elite back in Dallas. Gore may be 32 but he still banged out 1k+ yards the past 4 years, and 8 of the past 9 years, with little QB help. Gore is old but don't try to down play him with the "past his prime" label, his production has not fallen off at all, even as the 49ers fell apart around him.

Helen Keller could have been an elite back in Dallas. Gore may be 32 but he still banged out 1k+ yards the past 3 years, and 7 of the past 8 years, with little QB help. Gore is old but don't try to down play him with the "past his prime" label, his production has not fallen off at all, even as the 49ers fell apart around him.

Like I said Gore is a "solid back" But he's not in the class of Murray, and especially not where they both are today in their careers.

Though we all know the cowboys have a excellent OL, Murray's backups were not elite running behind them so I doubt Helen Keller would have made a impact for them.

If your still using a 1k yard season as your measuring stick for top backs, I Beleive Murray had more than that at mid-season!

Like I said Gore is a "solid back" But he's not in the class of Murray, and especially not where they both are today in their careers.

Though we all know the cowboys have a excellent OL, Murray's backups were not elite running behind them so I doubt Helen Keller would have made a impact for them.

If your still using a 1k yard season as your measuring stick for top backs, I Beleive Murray had more than that at mid-season!

Gore at the top of his game is better than Murray without a doubt. Don't get me wrong Murray is a quality back, but he's not elite. That Cowboys line is elite and all world.

And I referenced Gore's 1k+ yard seasons to show his consistency, even as an old fart.

Gore at the top of his game is better than Murray without a doubt. Don't get me wrong Murray is a quality back, but he's not elite. That Cowboys line is elite and all world.

And I referenced Gore's 1k+ yard seasons to show his consistency, even as an old fart.

The sad thing is that all world OL of the Cowboys, just got better.  One thing is for sure the running back situation will be interesting to watch out for.  Murray gone, McFadden in.  Who knows Run DMC might rekindle his career in Dallas!  I'm also interested in watching to see how well the new Raiders RB will do... People have no hope in Oakland, and ironically enough that is where T-Rich ended up!

The sad thing is that all world OL of the Cowboys, just got better.  One thing is for sure the running back situation will be interesting to watch out for.  Murray gone, McFadden in.  Who knows Run DMC might rekindle his career in Dallas!  I'm also interested in watching to see how well the new Raiders RB will do... People have no hope in Oakland, and ironically enough that is where T-Rich ended up!

I think they are looking at a commitee with Randle getting most of the carries.  I'm not even sure how far Mcfadden will make it. The latest report I read on him at OTAs he was sitting on the sideline with a hamstring injury.  Hamstring isn't too bad, but it's not a good sign to me based on the history of Run DMC.  He's always out with some type of injury so who knows what is next.

In my eyes they are looking for him to compliment Randle who they seem to have a lot of confidence in.

?

Murray is a elite back.

Gore is a solid all around back BUT is 32 and past his prime and now will be running behind a very questionable run blocking OL.

One good year makes you elite? Guess Kapernick is elite too?

Well, 2 good years I guess. He's rushed for 1,000 twice out of 4 years. Other than that he's been an injury prone nobody.

Frank Gore on the other hand has been a pro bowl RB and a 1,000 yard rusher all years except two in the NFC West which for the past like 3 years has been the toughest division in the NFL period

It's no comparison between the two, pay homage to the vet Gore and get off the Murray bandwagon

:rantoff:

I think they are looking at a commitee with Randle getting most of the carries.  I'm not even sure how far Mcfadden will make it. The latest report I read on him at OTAs he was sitting on the sideline with a hamstring injury.  Hamstring isn't too bad, but it's not a good sign to me based on the history of Run DMC.  He's always out with some type of injury so who knows what is next.

In my eyes they are looking for him to compliment Randle who they seem to have a lot of confidence in.

I heard the injury was very minor, but he is sidelined for the first part of OTA's.  I do believe they look at Randle as the starter as well, but I think with McFadden as the backup he will thrive with that OL and limited snaps!

I heard the injury was very minor, but he is sidelined for the first part of OTA's.  I do believe they look at Randle as the starter as well, but I think with McFadden as the backup he will thrive with that OL and limited snaps!

I think the injury is minor as well, but looking at his injury history it kind of gives you a "here we go again" type of feeling on him.

Hopefully he'll stay healthy, but the guy seems to always find a way to the training table.