Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the colts have now been in indianapolis longer than in baltimore

CR91

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this means Baltimore fans can get over it now? Ā The Colts by history belong to Indianapolis more then they do to Baltimore. Ā 

Ā 

They are a bitter bunch, despite the fact that a large majority of their fans probably don't even remember the Baltimore Colts.

Only die hard Baltimore Colt fans really care. Not much can be said about the Colts moving to Indy after Baltimore did the same thing with the Browns. Those who think that the Colts records should have been left in Baltimore need to remember the by laws were the difference when the Browns left Cleveland. Modell negotiated with Cleveland and Bob Irsay just left. It's been a long ride in Indy now and even though it was thin in the beginning it's been a wild ride every since Jim Harbaugh came to Indy. Nothing more to say than Go! Colts!

Only die hard Baltimore Colt fans really care. Not much can be said about the Colts moving to Indy after Baltimore did the same thing with the Browns. Those who think that the Colts records should have been left in Baltimore need to remember the by laws were the difference when the Browns left Cleveland. Modell negotiated with Cleveland and Bob Irsay just left. It's been a long ride in Indy now and even though it was thin in the beginning it's been a wild ride every since Jim Harbaugh came to Indy. Nothing more to say than Go! Colts!

Ā 

Yes. Ā  I think Harbaugh was the beginning of a good ride. Ā Then, Peyton Manning and now Andrew Luck. Ā We've been pretty fortunate.

They are a bitter bunch, despite the fact that a large majority of their fans probably don't even remember the Baltimore Colts.

Ā 

I still don't understand what they're so bitter about when it comes to this issue. They've won 2 Super Bowls since then, and the Ravens are perennial playoff contenders. I thought time healed all wounds, but in Baltimore time is like salt apparently.

Maybe they're just an old, vocal minority. But still, it's hipocritical for them to be bitter about indy stealing the Colts while they are the beneficiary of the theft of the former Cleveland Browns team.

Who is bitter ? I haven't read many articles lately about Raven's fans being upset about the Baltimore Colts. Like many others from Baltimore, I was angry for a long time , but with the Ravens second Super Bowl, it has pretty much died down.

It is pretty irrelevant that they have been in Indy longer than Baltimore, as I am still a fan of the pre-1984 Baltimore Colts as that was my team, and my personal history. I think the predominate thought in Baltimore is the old Baltimore Colts was part 1 of our NFL History, while part 2 is the Ravens. The fact that Indianapolis , or the Irsay family have the records , doesn't mean much to us, as it is part of our personal history which we lived.

If you nouveau Indy Colt fans like the old Baltimore Colts, you should. It was one heck of a success story, with the exception of the last eleven years. Still, even old man Irsay pulled out three division Championships in the 70's , before he dismantled the team.

Anyway, I used to get more heated about a topic like this, but in all honesty , I like the way things turned out. You guys have your Indy Colts, we have our Colt memories in Baltimore, and we have a great organization with local ownership in the Ravens.

Who is bitter ? I haven't read many articles lately about Raven's fans being upset about the Baltimore Colts. Like many others from Baltimore, I was angry for a long time , but with the Ravens second Super Bowl, it has pretty much died down.

It is pretty irrelevant that they have been in Indy longer than Baltimore, as I am still a fan of the pre-1984 Baltimore Colts as that was my team, and my personal history. I think the predominate thought in Baltimore is the old Baltimore Colts was part 1 of our NFL History, while part 2 is the Ravens. The fact that Indianapolis , or the Irsay family have the records , doesn't mean much to us, as it is part of our personal history which we lived.

If you nouveau Indy Colt fans like the old Baltimore Colts, you should. It was one heck of a success story, with the exception of the last eleven years. Still, even old man Irsay pulled out three division Championships in the 70's , before he dismantled the team.

Anyway, I used to get more heated about a topic like this, but in all honesty , I like the way things turned out. You guys have your Indy Colts, we have our Colt memories in Baltimore, and we have a great organization with local ownership in the Ravens.

This is the best way to be... Ā  :)Ā  Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The fact that you have to mention "I haven't read many articles lately about Raven's fans being upset about the Baltimore Colts..." means there ARE too many of them around.

Ā 

It's really died down when the Colts won their Indy Super Bowl.Ā  There were an awful lot of them thinking they "cursed" the Colts from ever winning one.Ā  That group tended to shut up after that.Ā  Bitter and superstitious is no way to go through life.

Why even bring this up? Can't possibly be that you want to troll the old Colts/Ravens fans, can it? Like Old Crow, I haven't seen much of the bitterness coming out of Baltimore like there used to be. The "only" Indy Colts fans annoy me more than the bitter "only" Baltimore Colts fans. Some of us have been around a long time and remember well the great days of that wild-butt Memorial Stadium. Not being a resident of Baltimore or Indianapolis, the only thing that matters to me is the Horseshoe, even if the Colts should end up in Toledo.

Why even bring this up? Can't possibly be that you want to troll the old Colts/Ravens fans, can it? Like Old Crow, I haven't seen much of the bitterness coming out of Baltimore like there used to be. The "only" Indy Colts fans annoy me more than the bitter "only" Baltimore Colts fans. Some of us have been around a long time and remember well the great days of that wild-butt Memorial Stadium. Not being a resident of Baltimore or Indianapolis, the only thing that matters to me is the Horseshoe, even if the Colts should end up in Toledo.

Respectfully, this thread isn't for you then. You don't live in Indy, so I doubt that you have any appreciation for what it meant for our city to gain a pro football team.Ā 

Ā 

This thread has no ill intent that I can pick up on. We are proud of our team being in this city, and we've heard crap about mean 'ol Irsay moving the team to our crappy hick town for decades. We've watched in very recent years as the Baltimore scoreboard read "Away Team" when the Colts came to town.Ā 

Ā 

We saw the signs, literally. Signs that said terrible things about our fair city.Ā 

Edited by Blackhawk4

Super Bowl wins have a way of healing all wounds, don't they? :)

Respectfully, this thread isn't for you then. You don't live in Indy, so I doubt that you have any appreciation for what it meant for our city to gain a pro football team.

This thread has no ill intent that I can pick up on. We are proud of our team being in this city, and we've heard crap about mean 'ol Irsay moving the team to our crappy hick town for decades. We've watched in very recent years as the Baltimore scoreboard read "Away Team" when the Colts came to town.

We saw the signs, literally. Signs that said terrible things about our fair city.

Ā 

I agree ten fold.

However, I think we can show more class than those, what appear to be dwindling, Baltimore fans who want to throw it into the Colts fans and the organization's face for the past 3 decades........

The thing I find absolutely comical is those fans delusions about the fact that city of Baltimore and the state of Maryland all but physically pushed Irsay to moving.

If you owned something and someone was trying to steal it from under you....you'd do the same thing.

Respectfully, this thread isn't for you then. You don't live in Indy, so I doubt that you have any appreciation for what it meant for our city to gain a pro football team.Ā 

Ā 

This thread has no ill intent that I can pick up on. We are proud of our team being in this city, and we've heard crap about mean 'ol Irsay moving the team to our crappy hick town for decades. We've watched in very recent years as the Baltimore scoreboard read "Away Team" when the Colts came to town.Ā 

Ā 

We saw the signs, literally. Signs that said terrible things about our fair city.Ā 

Ā 

So to any Baltimore fans that may be offended by this thread, ... anybody that has even the slightest issue with us celebrating the Horseshoe being venerated as an Indy team. [mod edit]

I have an appreciation for what it meant to Indy. I also have an appreciation for what it meant to Baltimore. [mod edit]

Edited by Superman

Posted · Hidden by Superman, June 4, 2015 - inappropriate
Hidden by Superman, June 4, 2015 - inappropriate

I have an appreciation for what it meant to Indy. I also have an appreciation for what it meant to Baltimore. Respectfully, you can take it in the other ear.

Had to like this because I am heavily into ear sex.Ā 

Posted · Hidden by Blackhawk4, June 5, 2015 - Yeah...There's no need to bring this up as no good can come from it.
Hidden by Blackhawk4, June 5, 2015 - Yeah...There's no need to bring this up as no good can come from it.

So to any Baltimore fans that may be offended by this thread, ... anybody that has even the slightest issue with us celebrating the Horseshoe being venerated as an Indy team. [mod edit]

Ā 

attention baltimore fans who attempted to urinate on irsay's grave

Then you don't remember Bob Kravitz. Every time the Colts played Baltimore, he would bring it up in articles and drone on and on about it. I was very vocal to him about letting it go. I'm not sure if his motive was to bring out hard feeling about it or what. Thankfully, he's not on Indystar anymore but he'll write about it on WTHR's website...you watch. I wouldn't even see articles about it on the Baltimore Sun newspaper.

Mod note: Tone down some of the aggression in this thread. Thank you.

Ā 

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

1. Absolutely no profanity or obscene, vulgar or violent posts, period.

2. Zero tolerance for personal attacks on anyone including the mods.

7. Fans from ALL NFL teams are welcome. They get along in real life and we expect the same here. No exceptions

I agree ten fold.

However, I think we can show more class than those, what appear to be dwindling, Baltimore fans who want to throw it into the Colts fans and the organization's face for the past 3 decades........

The thing I find absolutely comical is those fans delusions about the fact that city of Baltimore and the state of Maryland all but physically pushed Irsay to moving.

If you owned something and someone was trying to steal it from under you....you'd do the same thing.

Not only did they push Irsay into moving, the Maryland Legislature invoked "eminent domain". Thus, taking control of the team. Robert Irsay did all he could to stay in Baltimore. Fortunately, after this was passed and signed, it was too late. The Colts had already crossed Maryland state lines. The Maryland State Police did try to go after them. Still, too late.

Read the entire story of the Colts, both Baltimore & Indianapolis, at Wikipedia.com. Just type in history of ...

The fact that you have to mention "I haven't read many articles lately about Raven's fans being upset about the Baltimore Colts..." means there ARE too many of them around.

It's really died down when the Colts won their Indy Super Bowl. There were an awful lot of them thinking they "cursed" the Colts from ever winning one. That group tended to shut up after that. Bitter and superstitious is no way to go through life.

Time has just passed and Indy won in 2006, and the Ravens won a second time in 2012. The articles have died down, but the whole move is part of history. Some are bitter about the Colts moving, and some are bitter about habitually losing to the Patriots. We are all bitter about something, at least for a while.

I think I'm the only Old Colts/ Ravens fan on

The forum.