Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adrian Peterson back with the Vikings

oldunclemark

He showed up Tuesday and held a press conference and said he's back with Minnesota..

Glad to se it. I thought the Viking management supported him whether he believes it or not.

...I'd like to hear him admit he was wrong bit that's just me.

His contract is plenty good. I hope he finishes his career in a Minnesota uniform.

I don't know if it's the fact that he's 30+ and has a lot of wear and tear, or maybe because he beat a child with a tree branch to the point of leaving visible marks, or maybe because he's been in the news so much in the last few months, but I've stopped caring what happens with him.  If he plays in Minny or Dallas or Arizona or doesn't play at all, I don't really care.

I don't know if it's the fact that he's 30+ and has a lot of wear and tear, or maybe because he beat a child with a tree branch to the point of leaving visible marks, or maybe because he's been in the news so much in the last few months, but I've stopped caring what happens with him.  If he plays in Minny or Dallas or Arizona or doesn't play at all, I don't really care.

I agree. With the contract he is due I don't know what I would do if I ran the Vikings. I have a feeling it's more of a deal to keep the fans happy and keep the seats full? :dunno:

I agree. With the contract he is due I don't know what I would do if I ran the Vikings. I have a feeling it's more of a deal to keep the fans happy and keep the seats full? :dunno:

The fans would have filled the seats with or without Peterson.

He had no choice but to go back or retire as he hinted he might do. It will be interesting to see how this pans out but I get the sense he is still very unhappy with the Vikes. I do hope they fix things as he is great to watch play.

It's amazing how Zimmer's words you either play for us or nobody more or less clears up any ambiguity on AP's part isn't it? His agent finally realized that when Minnesota owns your client's rights for the next 3 years that's both check & mate. 

The fans would have filled the seats with or without Peterson.

That's true but would they have been happy with the Vikings front office had AP decided to not come back? A lot of fans were really mad about the Vikings suspending him 15 games last season and going 7-9 and 1-5 in their division.

That's true but would they have been happy with the Vikings front office had AP decided to not come back? A lot of fans were really mad about the Vikings suspending him 15 games last season and going 7-9 and 1-5 in their division.

"A lot of fans were really mad about the Vikings suspending him 15 games last season and going 7-9 and 1-5 in their division."

Peterson playing or not wouldn't make a difference in them making the playoffs, It never has and never will, That Vikings team can make the playoffs regardless, What they need is Bridgewater to step up, They don't need Peterson, Jerick Mckinnon is more then capable of being a good replacement of AP, I don't say any of this out of anger towards Peterson or any of that, I say it because its true I believe and history shows it with Peterson and the Vikings

I'm not making light of what happened by any means but I was thinking that everything that's happened with him isn't some complex turn of events that everybody debates over, wonders about (it shouldn't be anyway) etc.

Steroids. Nothing more, nothing less. Guy's a steroid freak. How else do you come back from a torn ACL that fast and miss the record by 9 yards? Then all the domestic violence things were roid rage.

"A lot of fans were really mad about the Vikings suspending him 15 games last season and going 7-9 and 1-5 in their division."

Peterson playing or not wouldn't make a difference in them making the playoffs, It never has and never will, That Vikings team can make the playoffs regardless, What they need is Bridgewater to step up, They don't need Peterson, Jerick Mckinnon is more then capable of being a good replacement of AP, I don't say any of this out of anger towards Peterson or any of that, I say it because its true I believe and history shows it with Peterson and the Vikings

Do you really think most fans realize that? You and me may know that but most fans don't look and see the bigger picture.

You cannot make all fans happy. A front office that makes decisions based on what fans say will fail.

Most Vikings fans including myself had no problem with the front office. Peterson committed an egregious act for which he had to be punished. The organization (FO, coaching staff, players) went above and beyond to support him. I would have had no problem with the Vikes trading him if they got some good value for him. Now that he is back, I am ok with that too. He makes us a better team but I would have been fine without him.

I was very pleased that the Vikings did not cave in to pressure and gift him to the Cowboys or to another team. It would have set a bad precedent. We have a young team with a lot of talent on both offense and defense. We have a coaching staff that we have a lot of confidence in. We are optimistic about the future.

I guess you missed the 2012 season. AD carried that team to the playoffs with Ponder as the qb

• 3 weeks later...

Adrian Peterson was really good, Gavin...

That's reverse logic..and its flawed..

Its kinda like saying that LeBron playing well 'never has and never will' make a difference in Cleveland winning the NBA title because history shows they never did before when he was there.

See?

I'm not making light of what happened by any means but I was thinking that everything that's happened with him isn't some complex turn of events that everybody debates over, wonders about (it shouldn't be anyway) etc.

Steroids. Nothing more, nothing less. Guy's a steroid freak. How else do you come back from a torn ACL that fast and miss the record by 9 yards? Then all the domestic violence things were roid rage.

Roid rage? This isn't 1980

Adrian Peterson was really good, Gavin...That's reverse logic..and its flawed..Its kinda like saying that LeBron playing well 'never has and never will' make a difference in Cleveland winning the NBA title because history shows they never did before when he was there.See?

No

I guess you missed the 2012 season. AD carried that team to the playoffs with Ponder as the qb

He had his best year as a pro but if Ponder don't have his best year as a pro then Vikings don't go to the playoffs

He didn't just discipline his child, he physically abused him...and he has shown no contrition. I have lost all respect for him. 

Yes, I agree Indigo what AP did to his child was over the line & he paid a price for that action as he should have. I'm not condoning what he did, but AP grew up in a different generation than what exists now in terms of acceptable forms of discipline. Today, some of the ways my parents disciplined me & my sister might be frowned upon but I'm a better human being & adult because of it. 

Naturally, you are entitled to your opinion of course Indigo. I just wanted to point out that there is a generational difference in how kids recieved discipline then & now that's all. 

There were a few not to mention all those wrestlers. And of course you're going to say to name 1 or you're wrong but I'm not going to go sift through all the Gale Sayers, OJ etc injuries to find out which ones were ACLs, blowouts, etc. Besides how else do you explain AP if you know what didn't happen?

Plenty of players have come back from ACL in that time frame. Wes Welker did it in 2009 the last game of the season and was back on the field that Sept doing his thing. And Gronk did it in 2013 and came back and had the best year of any TE last season.

Plenty of players have come back from ACL in that time frame. Wes Welker did it in 2009 the last game of the season and was back on the field that Sept doing his thing. And Gronk did it in 2013 and came back and had the best year of any TE last season.

Not nearly as many touches as AD though

He had his best year as a pro but if Ponder don't have his best year as a pro then Vikings don't go to the playoffs

it may have been ponders best year, but AD carried that team to the playoffs. Ponder had 18 tds and 12 ints. He only had 2900 yards passing

There were a few not to mention all those wrestlers. And of course you're going to say to name 1 or you're wrong but I'm not going to go sift through all the Gale Sayers, OJ etc injuries to find out which ones were ACLs, blowouts, etc. Besides how else do you explain AP if you know what didn't happen?

He's a backwards arsse

The NFL offseason is fairly long. I never thought it was so amazing that Adrian came back strong.

he was good before he left and good when he came back.

His 2012 season was outstanding but he's that caliber player.. I don't think it was steroids or a miracle because I dont think the rehab time was unusually short.