Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you sign Reggie Wayne?

Myles

If you were the Colts GM and Wayne agreed to a 2 year $2 million guaranteed contract offer, would you do it?

It would mean dropping a younger prospect. Probably Carter. It would mean an additional $565,000 in cap space.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If one or more of our WRs face significant injury, and we are scrambling at the position then yes, I sign Wayne in a heartbeat. I'm not even convinced Wayne still wants to play, and right now we gotta see what we have in the younger guys.

I think Reggie sees himself as retired, but he commented that "he would answer the phone" if the right opportunity presented itself.

I love Reggie as much as anyone. He gave the Colts everything he had in every game while he was there. With that said He's played his last game for the Colts and probably in the NFL. The Colts will sign him to a 1 day contract so he can retire a Colts when he's ready. It's to bad last year ended the way it did for him. That's not the way a player like Reggie should go out. If he signs with another team I hope he plays well and can contribute on the field.

Nope, sorry. Pains me, but I wouldn't. If he's still around in October and we have an injury or something, come on down, Reggie. 

He said a few weeks ago that he hasn't signed because he's not 100% yet. So it's probably not even an option right now.

Would love to for sentimental reasons and perhaps get him a ring, but we just can't do it.

We have a good group of WRs already and Reggie would be detracting from the development time and playing time of the young guys Moncrief/Dorsett/Carter who need all the reps they can get.

I love Reggie as much as anyone. He gave the Colts everything he had in every game while he was there. With that said He's played his last game for the Colts and probably in the NFL. The Colts will sign him to a 1 day contract so he can retire a Colts when he's ready. It's to bad last year ended the way it did for him. That's not the way a player like Reggie should go out. If he signs with another team I hope he plays well and can contribute on the field.

They wouldn't have to sign him to a 1 day contract to retire as a Colt would they. Colts were his last team.

I think he'll retire, but the only team I wouldn't mind seeing him sign with is Denver. He could be their 4th WR and a mentor to Lattimer, who I assume will be their number 3 this year, and he could reunite with Peyton for a year to try and make one last run.

If belicheck calls Reggie to go play in New England, does he do it? That would be strange seeing him in a patriot uniform catching balls from Brady.

I think he would. It was strongly rumored that he was going to go to NE before Chuck called him up a few years back.

No.

Everyone has their time and Reggie has had his.

It happens to everyone.

Rumor has it that Peyton Manning -- the current Broncos QB -- was actually once the Colts QB.   And then he wasn't.

Like I said,  everyone has their time....   even Peyton Manning.   Even Reggie Wayne.

The earliest I can see him sign with a team would be if a team got hit with an injury. Maybe it might be us, but I doubt it. I wouldn't mind if he went to like, Denver to play one last year with Peyton.

But regarding dropping Carter for him, nah I wouldn't do that. Reggie at most has one year left in him (or not, I really dont know anything, but its hard to see him play past 2015). Besides, if Carter flops, we can just drop him whenever we want. If we drop him now in favor of Reggie, that's one year of Reggie we get (probably). Meanwhile, Carter might turn into a star somewhere else for years. So in short, nah, i'd pass

Reggie will always be the man though

Please don't start writing bring back Reggie threads in the same vein as bring back Dwight Freeney & Bob Sanders topics of discussion. I just needed to say that for my own sanity & peace of mind. Thank you. 

Reggie is a SB Champion, a superb community leader/mentor, & an inevitable yellow jacket lock. I love Wayne, but let's be real here. He's done. Let the guy be a private citizen for awhile & chill with his family. 

I have too much respect for Reggie to even ask him to be a WR coach. JMO. 

sign him to a league minimum contract, and let him retire and go out on his own terms after we win the Super Bowl, which comes after we upset the Patriots in the AFCCG.  He then becomes our WR coach, and a mentor to our young wide receivers.  He doesn't care about the money at this point, he is not a card-carrying member of the RNFLBA (Retired National Football League Bankrupt Association).

They wouldn't have to sign him to a 1 day contract to retire as a Colt would they. Colts were his last team.

Technically to retire as a player of a team you have to be on their roster.... otherwise your contract just expires and you are no longer playing. You would then be retiring as a FA... I do know what you mean though.

No way. Why would you cut Carter two months after you beat the rest of the league out to sign him. If Grigson starts making moves based on nostalgia, then he is going to be nostalgic about his former job real fast.

I'm not sure the rest of the league was clamoring to sign him. There were a few other teams who had some levels of interest, but you cant say he was the hottest name in FA or something.... 

I'm not sure the rest of the league was clamoring to sign him. There were a few other teams who had some levels of interest, but you cant say he was the hottest name in FA or something.... 

I know that at one time he had been contacted by 21 teams. So maybe not every other team the league was clamoring to sign him, but 2/3's sure isn't bad. If Carter was cut today, he'd have a new team tonight. Which clearly isn't the case with Reggie Wayne.

If belicheck calls Reggie to go play in New England, does he do it? That would be strange seeing him in a patriot uniform catching balls from Brady.

He would sign in denver, NE, or indy in a heartbeat I bet. For anyone else to get him would probably take a nice weather city, especially miami, or a contender

If you were the Colts GM and Wayne agreed to a 2 year $2 million guaranteed contract offer, would you do it?

It would mean dropping a younger prospect. Probably Carter. It would mean an additional $565,000 in cap space.

Uhm no, we are going to have a hard time getting everyone we have on the field now. where will Wayne fit? that ship has sailed and gone.