Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos lose starting LT Clady to ACL injury.

Dustin

Broncos going 8-8

Peyton will retire

Colts the #2 AFC seed

#2? Who is your 1st seed pick and why?

I have the Colts #1 seed unless they lose a superstar or 2 my belief is that this team will score a bunch this year and with Luck having another year in the NFL and in the same system, I believe he makes that dynamic jump. I believe in the defense being improved this year and that gets us enough stops to get past most teams. If Davis goes down, that will create our biggest challenge on the defense so let's hope he stays upright all year. Should be a Super Bowl appearance and it all should go through Indy. Death of the Pats is near

I have the Colts #1 seed unless they lose a superstar or 2 my belief is that this team will score a bunch this year and with Luck having another year in the NFL and in the same system, I believe he makes that dynamic jump. I believe in the defense being improved this year and that gets us enough stops to get past most teams. If Davis goes down, that will create our biggest challenge on the defense so let's hope he stays upright all year. Should be a Super Bowl appearance and it all should go through Indy. Death of the Pats is near

It's not possible for the Colts to have a better record than the Pats. The inferiority complex of the collective Colts fan base won't allow it to happen.

:flyingelvis: #1 until proven otherwise

Regardless of this off season add ons, can't put us over a team we've never beaten in the Luck Era if that makes sense

Keep in mind they lost a lot of their defense, including Revis and Wilfork.  Their offense may continue to be very good, but I don't think their defense will give us as many problems as before.

Keep in mind they lost a lot of their defense, including Revis and Wilfork. Their offense may continue to be very good, but I don't think their defense will give us as many problems as before.

I get that. But they beat us with CB'S such as Arrington, Ryan, etc etc before the Revis & Browner deals. They've had our number since day 1 so until that changes, I can't just leap the :colts: into #1 position just cause on paper we got better

Keep in mind they lost a lot of their defense, including Revis and Wilfork.  Their offense may continue to be very good, but I don't think their defense will give us as many problems as before.

I think you under estimate Bill Belicheck. They had little to no pass rush last year and their corners could cover for days....they have beefed up their front seven and I look for them to get more aggressive at getting after the qb to offset their downgrade in the secondary. IMO there are some coaches that can take even avg players and put them in a scheme and position to be successful...and Bill is that kind of coach. Even if their defense takes a hit they still have one of the most prolific offenses in the league with Tom Brady. Last year after 4 games they looked pedestrian....then Brady turned it on....and I expect them to be no different this year. That offense is loaded.

Orlando Franklin and Ramirez are not losses. They sucked in the SB and for the most part last year.

OL is a big concern. Why is it OL always a concern to Peyton's teams?. Is it something to do with Peyton's style or it's just his bad luck.

Broncos signed Ryan Harris...who used to play for Kubiak in Houston.

,and started for KC last year. Doesn't sound l;ike he;s great but he knows what the coach wants///

ACL is 6-9 months, right? This is the second full season he'll miss...Signed a 5-year deal before 2012.

Good money, too..8 figures...I don't think the last year is guaranteed..but you cant cut him, can you?

Orlando Franklin and Ramirez are not losses. They sucked in the SB and for the most part last year.

OL is a big concern. Why is it OL always a concern to Peyton's teams?. Is it something to do with Peyton's style or it's just his bad luck.

Franklin had his moments..Shane.....better at guard than tackle.

You're right about Manny..he was a 'try hard' guy whos best role was backup.

The only good thing is that the injury happened 3 months before the season...and they have time

Denver still wins the West. That schedule is set up very favorably for them outside a few tough games on the road like the Colts and Steelers. 

They have GB, Baltimore, Cincy and NE at home.

Home and away aside, they have one of the toughest schedules in the league.  Their first four games are Baltimore, KC, Detroit, Minnesota.  Then they have a stretch of Green Bay, Indy, KC, Chicago (should be an easy one), New England, San Diego.  That's a really tough stretch

Denver still wins the West. That schedule is set up very favorably for them outside a few tough games on the road like the Colts and Steelers.

They have GB, Baltimore, Cincy and NE at home.

3 of those last 4 teams you named will be losses for Denver

Might even be all 4 cause Cincy washed them last year

It's rude you're picking a washed up Peyton over the GAWD Aaron Rodgers

Keep in mind they lost a lot of their defense, including Revis and Wilfork. Their offense may continue to be very good, but I don't think their defense will give us as many problems as before.

the loss of that pats backfield is my reason why I think the pats are going to be a regular team this season. Their offense should still click but like I said, I believe our defense improves and gets us enough stops to allow Luck to outscore them. We can all only guess at this point though.

The stats show that Denver is 2 yards better per play with him in than when he's been injured.  That's an incredible statistic.  

As a Charger fan, I can really feel their pain about OL injuries... ours the last two years have been monumental.  I hope it's at an end for us.  

I see the Chargers running it close. I really do think it's all on Peyton's form. If he's fit and healthy, I say he's got one more elite season up his sleeve. It will be an interesting watch, for sure.

Not sure I like the Chiefs. Oakland may be stronger. I like this kid Carr.

The stats show that Denver is 2 yards better per play with him in than when he's been injured.  That's an incredible statistic.  

As a Charger fan, I can really feel their pain about OL injuries... ours the last two years have been monumental.  I hope it's at an end for us.  

Didn't you guys have 5 injured Centers last year? It seemed like they were always getting hurt.

Do you have stats to back this statement?.

I got to give it you, you are quite consistent on bashing Peyton.

Decreasing arm strength, Father time, Torn quad injury that people his age probably won't recover fully from, the consistent playoff losses, add all that to what looks to be a top 5 difficult schedule

Peyton is done. Sure fire HOFer, but done

If they can sign Jake Long and he's healthy they'll be fine. If not that line is in serious trouble. They've lost Franklin, Rameriez, and now Clady. Didn't they draft a OL though? I cant remember right off.

Not sure if the second if is not even bigger than the first if. Here's all I can find going on with Long right now...

Free agent OT Jake Long visits the Giants

4712.jpg

Free agent OT Jake Long visited the Giants on Thursday.

Long's visit, his first since being released by the Rams in March, comes six days after the Newark Star-Ledger reported the Giants might be interested. The G-Men need another body at tackle after LT Will Beatty tore his pec earlier this month. He's a big name, but injuries have rendered Long a shell of his former self. He turned 30 earlier in May.