ColtsLegacy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:sigh:

No, you just stink! :scorebad:

Stop with the excuses

He was a "healthy" scratch last season in the AFCCG I believe it was or one of those games. There's nothing wrong with him, except he's a bust

C'mon man, how do you know he was really a healthy scratch? His rookie season he played about half the games, and he was nicked up last season for quite a while. How do you know he just didn't hit a late season wall like a rookie would do? I know he's not a rookie, but he hasn't played a whole lot at full strength to sustain game speed for an entire season. Technically, Harrison and Kerr were healthy too but didn't play much down the stretch for that reason, according to Pagano.

C'mon man, how do you know he was really a healthy scratch? His rookie season he played about half the games, and he was nicked up last season for quite a while. How do you know he just didn't hit a late season wall like a rookie would do? I know he's not a rookie, but he hasn't played a whole lot at full strength to sustain game speed for an entire season. Technically, Harrison and Kerr were healthy too but didn't play much down the stretch for that reason, according to Pagano.

Grigson took a project player with a first round pick, bust written all over it

You don't take someone who's never played a certain position and force them to play a new position with your first round pick

That's just bad for business *Triple H Voice*

Stop with the excuses

He was a "healthy" scratch last season in the AFCCG I believe it was or one of those games. There's nothing wrong with him, except he's a bust

Well seeing as it's his body, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess he knows his body a lot more than you do. Hopefully he's learned from this. Him being out there when not at his best or close to it has not gone well for him as we all know. 

You don't take someone who's never played a certain position and force them to play a new position with your first round pick

*looks back at Werner's scouting reports* Umm...You really want to stick with this statement? 

Stop with the excuses

So are you now the staff doctor for the Colts now? I wouldn't think you had the time to post all these funny comments with that job. Even Irsay don't have that kind of time.

Stop with the excuses

Why did you put quotes around healthy? Are you implying he wasn't healthy? That contradicts the point you're trying to make.

Well seeing as it's his body, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess he knows his body a lot more than you do. Hopefully he's learned from this. Him being out there when not at his best or close to it has not gone well for him as we all know.

It's always this excuse when players don't play well. "I'm injured" no, you just stink

Trent Richardson blamed injuries and his weight for his poor play. But we all know the truth

lmao. Probably 75% of 3-4 OLBs in the NFL played 4-3 DE in college.

It's always this excuse when players don't play well. "I'm injured" no, you just stink

Trent Richardson blamed injuries and his weight for his poor play. But we all know the truth

So you're going to assume it's an excuse with every single player?  :facepalm:

lmao. Probably 75% of 3-4 OLBs in the NFL played 4-3 DE in college.

True, but Werner isn't built for this lifestyle. Least not 1st round pick worthy

You gotta be a different breed of a football player to be a first rounder. Werner isn't that at all

True, but Werner isn't built for this lifestyle. Least not 1st round pick worthy

You gotta be a different breed of a football player to be a first rounder. Werner isn't that at all

This might be the most laughable statement of all time. If that's the case, what does that make Jamarcus Russell?

Who gives a %.

THANK YOU. What does Xavier Rhodes Travis Fredrick have to do with Werner's play and health? Are they part of the Colts training staff and the Colts just didn't feel like announcing it? 

Exactly. But nope, we'd rather take project players smh

You cannot be this dense...
headbashwall.gif

That's fine, I was just wondering how it disproves what Werner claimed, that he hasn't been healthy since he was drafted. Nevermind really.

No. You're a bad scheme fit and low motor. Out of all the moves grigson and company have made, which I think grigson has done a good job, but drafting Werner over a few different guys was my least favorite. Even from the beginning. Richardson was a mistake not many people saw coming. Seemed like Werner was a bad pick day 1.

THANK YOU. What does Xavier Rhodes Travis Fredrick have to do with Werner's play and health? Are they part of the Colts training staff and the Colts just didn't feel like announcing it? 

You cannot be this dense...
headbashwall.gif

This forum is full of hindsight geniuses.

No. You're a bad scheme fit and low motor. Out of all the moves grigson and company have made, which I think grigson has done a good job, but drafting Werner over a few different guys was my least favorite. Even from the beginning. Richardson was a mistake not many people saw coming. Seemed like Werner was a bad pick day 1.

I don't even...Are you serious? 

Why are you people making these ridiculous statements? It's like you enjoy saying something absurd just to make people scratch their heads wondering Serious.gif

You real for this post. I see why they call you honest Abe haha

Regardless of how you feel about him as a player, you need to stop calling him a bum. He's a Colt. Grow up.

...... So because he's a Colt, I must sugarcoat what he is? I recall this forum calling Trent much worse or is that an exception?

Since you keep defending the bum, please explain how he's been good. Has he lived up to the first round pick in your eyes?

I am not defending him. What I am doing is pointing out how you, Colts449 and Deathiltis cannot help but say something ridiculous that is either off topic or just doesn't make sense. I can't even have a legitimate debate nor do I even want one at this point about this with any of you three because you cannot help but say something so mindblowingly bad that it makes trying to have an even semi intelligent debate with you the most pointless thing I could do right now.

If he has been injured all this time, then why was he a healthy scratch? I thought it was some kinda violation to label a player a healthy scratch, when they're really injured??

:worthy:

Same thing I just said..... I'm out man, obviously the way I say things are bad but then someone comes right into the tread and says the same. Goodnight people lol

I mean Werner was a bad pick from day 1. Whoever said that was right. He was a project pick when better players were available, so there goes the BPA thing. At that time anyways. But yeah I was all excited when we were on the clock hoping for Rhodes or Hopkins then we take Bjorne Werner. The thing is he's not horrible, he's going to be a good backup, good against the run, etc, but he was still a bad pick to this point anyway for a 1st round pick. You don't want 1st rounders to be good backups. We basically got an Erik Walden in the 1st round. Bash me if you want for thinking back a little, but you have to look back sometimes to keep from screwing up over and over in my opinion. And I don't think Werner's health is why he hasn't lived up to expectations. The first year yeah, but last year no. I hope he proves me wrong and is a pure freaking beast this year, but I just see him as being a good backup/rotational guy.

I mean Werner was a bad pick from day 1. Whoever said that was right. He was a project pick when better players were available, so there goes the BPA thing. At that time anyways. But yeah I was all excited when we were on the clock hoping for Rhodes or Hopkins then we take Bjorne Werner. The thing is he's not bad, he's going to be a good backup, good against the run, etc, but he was still a bad pick to this point anyway. We basically got an Erik Walden in the 1st round. Bash me if you want for thinking back a little, but you have do look back sometimes to keep from screwing up over and over in my opinion. And I don't think Werner's health is why he hasn't lived up to expectations. The first year yeah, but last year no. I hope he proves me wrong and is a pure freaking beast this year, but I just see him as being a good back/rotational guy.

How do you know Bjoern Werner wasn't the BPA? Better players were still on the board according to who? You? Mayock? He was a top 5 or 10 pick in many mock drafts a couple weeks prior to the draft.

I mean Werner was a bad pick from day 1. Whoever said that was right. He was a project pick when better players were available, so there goes the BPA thing. At that time anyways. But yeah I was all excited when we were on the clock hoping for Rhodes or Hopkins then we take Bjorne Werner. The thing is he's not horrible, he's going to be a good backup, good against the run, etc, but he was still a bad pick to this point anyway for a 1st round pick. You don't want 1st rounders to be good backups. We basically got an Erik Walden in the 1st round. Bash me if you want for thinking back a little, but you have to look back sometimes to keep from screwing up over and over in my opinion. And I don't think Werner's health is why he hasn't lived up to expectations. The first year yeah, but last year no. I hope he proves me wrong and is a pure freaking beast this year, but I just see him as being a good backup/rotational guy.

Stop. Saying. Unintelligent. Statements. I stopped reading after those first 3 sentences because it's not even worth it.

You can look back at the articles written and analysis about the pick and see they're very different from what you're stating. So why keep saying what's not really true? Did you have a crystal ball that told you from day 1 he was a bad draft pick?

Stop. Saying. Unintelligent. Statements. I stopped reading after those first 3 sentences because it's not even worth it.

You can look back at the articles written and analysis about the pick and see they're very different from what you're stating. So why keep saying what's not really true? Did you have a crystal ball that told you from day 1 he was a bad draft pick?

No dude, but he was a project pick. I know he was once viewed as a top 10 pick at the beginning, but he was still a project type prospect IMO. Its all just my opinion obviously, but IMO there were several more talented players available. I hope he proves me and several others wrong this year though.