Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FIFA busted, NFL next?

bap1331

You cant tell me that the nfl isnt corrupt at all. I just have a feeling the nfl supports the bigger fanbase teams because they bring in more money. Colts are among the smallest fanbases so a colts super bowl would NOT at all be beneficiary for the NFL and their sponsors. Not at all in relation to the afc championship but I always see the bigger teams favored by the refs.

There was a statistic where the refs had not called a penalty on the seahawks for 2 years. I heard it during a game on mnf I believe.

But anyways this was the summary for FIFA:

-an attorney general launched an investigation on fifa many years ago.

-they found sponsors bribing for rights to advertisement at world cup

-countries bribing to host the world cup in their country

-referees were paid in cash in envelopes

-still on going investigation, more to come.

Just my 2 cents. What are your thoughts?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are not a smaller one. Lots of bandwagon colt fans who can't even name vontae davis that I know of. 

Rigging happens for franchises with highlight players

How to get highlight players is usually losing a lot

Losing a lot causes high draft picks

High draft picks imcrease chances of getting studs

Studs=Media, Money, Fanbase, SB chances

Therefore nfl makes teams do this

I don't think anything is rigged but I think things like...the 2009 NFCCG. I don't think it was rigged by definition of the word but I think the Saints were winning that game no matter what.

And just so it doesn't seem like I'm stuck on the Saints...does anybody remember that 2007 Ravens/Pats game? Yeah...they were already 16-0 in the league's mind.

You cant tell me that the nfl isnt corrupt at all. I just have a feeling the nfl supports the bigger fanbase teams because they bring in more money. Colts are among the smallest fanbases so a colts super bowl would NOT at all be beneficiary for the NFL and their sponsors. Not at all in relation to the afc championship but I always see the bigger teams favored by the refs.

There was a statistic where the refs had not called a penalty on the seahawks for 2 years. I heard it during a game on mnf I believe.

Everyone believes that everyone in power is corrupt....

Makes us poor folks feel better

..Its the new political correctness.

The NFL makes so much money legally....they have no need to cheat..

Any smart person can exploit the NFL in vegas. In 2001, when 9-11 happened, I was 14 and predicted the Patriots would do well as a joke, of course, to represent the country, a Pats team with little talent ended up making the playoffs and winning the SuperBowl, beating the greatest show on turf.

Next was Hurricane Katrina, a story where the Saints supposedly rose above adversity and managed to have a "magical" season for the season of New Orleans. Again, I called this one before it happened and since I had gotten a credit card recently, I bet $500 before the season on them, and another $500 when they made the SB (as much as I hated to do it).

Next was when Ray Lewis retired and he announced his retirement before the playoffs started. This was the sign to the NFL to get Ray his last hoorah, and once again, if you follow basic strategy in what makes a good "feel good story", you'll usually end up correct. Ray and the Ravens win the SB, and *s remain *s none the wiser.

There are other incidents such as when that Kansas City player died during the car accident (I think his name was Javon Belcher, could have it wrong), and that game against the Panthers just happened to be one of their two wins during a 2-14 season.

Don't even get me started on why Michael Sam was drafted by the Rams. So many things go on in this league it's unbelieveable. I don't care if you call me a conspiracy theorist, I put my money where my mouth is and bet on my theories, and I paid for a semester of college this way.

I don't think anything is rigged but I think things like...the 2009 NFCCG. I don't think it was rigged by definition of the word but I think the Saints were winning that game no matter what.

And just so it doesn't seem like I'm stuck on the Saints...does anybody remember that 2007 Ravens/Pats game? Yeah...they were already 16-0 in the league's mind.

The Saints got out played that entire game. We needed 6 turnovers just to keep up in that game. The turnovers is ultimately what killed Minnesota though and it's not all Favre's fault. The one that don't get talked about is the hand off to Peterson at the goal line after Reggie Bush fumbled. Had they just got a field goal, I think they would have won. 

I admit that the Saints got lucky in that game and it was from being at home. A lot of missed calls on hits from Favre (especially the first interception, that should have been called back for roughing the passer) If that game had been in Minneapolis, I do not think we would have stood a chance. Had the Vikings not committed any turnovers, they win in a blow out. 21 of 28 of our points were from the turnovers.

I don't think that game was rigged though. We got out played and we were very very lucky. The turnovers was the big factor. 

The 2011 Pats/Ravens AFCCG had some weird stuff in it too. The refs called back two of Brady's interceptions, and the Ravens still choked that game away from OT with the field goal at the end. 

If there was a game I think was really messed up, it's the Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowl without a doubt. That was difficult to watch. 

Any smart person can exploit the NFL in vegas. In 2001, when 9-11 happened, I was 14 and predicted the Patriots would do well as a joke, of course, to represent the country, a Pats team with little talent ended up making the playoffs and winning the SuperBowl, beating the greatest show on turf.

Next was Hurricane Katrina, a story where the Saints supposedly rose above adversity and managed to have a "magical" season for the season of New Orleans. Again, I called this one before it happened and since I had gotten a credit card recently, I bet $500 before the season on them, and another $500 when they made the SB (as much as I hated to do it).

Here's the problem with your statements

Lots of guys try to trick Vegas all the time, and they lose a lot of money in the process. The statistics are there, such as when 70% of Vegas was on Denver for the SB a few years ago and Seattle won.

The House Always Wins. 

2006 Saints; did you even watch the 2006 Saints? That was not a "magical season". They went 10-6 in a year that Carolina was weak (and still swept them) and on top of that, they were pretty good in their own right with Drew Brees' first year here and Sean Payton. The entire NFC was weak in 2006. Reaching the NFC Championship for that year was nothing.

If you go back to 2000 to 2005 with those Aaron Brooks teams, the Saints weren't all that bad. They were an average team and had some pretty good players, who Payton kept around and they did their job in 2006. One of them was Deuce McAllister, who is the team's all time rushing leader, and our last running back to rush over 1,000 yards in a season. Another was Joe Horn, who has been in the media today, but was a really good wide receiver back in his prime who now had a great quarterback throwing balls to him. That 2006 team was not scrubs that just got lucky cause people felt sorry for them. 

I will not go there with the 2009 Saints. A team that started 13-0 and was playing their butts off every game. Now that was a magical season. They were damn good that year, rightfully proven by winning the SB. 

Debunked for you. 

I am the last person on this board you want to tell about the "Katrina Saints".

You're young and naive, and I was too when i was your age. But unless you have actually had to deal with a natural disaster the way we have down here, I don't think you would understand at all. 

Next was when Ray Lewis retired and he announced his retirement before the playoffs started. This was the sign to the NFL to get Ray his last hoorah, and once again, if you follow basic strategy in what makes a good "feel good story", you'll usually end up correct. Ray and the Ravens win the SB, and *s remain *s none the wiser.

There are other incidents such as when that Kansas City player died during the car accident (I think his name was Javon Belcher, could have it wrong), and that game against the Panthers just happened to be one of their two wins during a 2-14 season.

Don't even get me started on why Michael Sam was drafted by the Rams. So many things go on in this league it's unbelieveable. I don't care if you call me a conspiracy theorist, I put my money where my mouth is and bet on my theories, and I paid for a semester of college this way.

Yeah, Hurricane Katrina was like 3-4 years before the Saints won the Super Bowl. And with future odds you can usually only bet future NFC Champion, AFC Champion and Super Bowl. You can bet Win-Loss over/under at a straight up cost as well. So what exactly did you bet on the Saints to win in 06? And to bet in Las Vegas you either have to be there or have a driver license in the state of Nevada, a credit card alone won't do it for you on the phone.

To clear anything up, I meant to write during the season, not before, so yes, my statement there makes no sense and thanks for catching me on it. When the Saints were 4-0 after the first month of the season, the people on NFL Network started mentioning Hurricane Katrina and how great it would be if the Saints could make a run. That was immediately a sign to bet on them, as the NFL usually gives things away without realizing it. I believe the odds were 20-1 of them winning the Super Bowl at that time (they were 25 to 1 at the beginning of the season), and with the NFL talking about them, that's usually when a plan is in place.

The 2009 NFCCG is actually my second, maybe third, most obvious example of what I'm talking about. The NFCCG is just the biggest game that it happened in. The other 2 include the Saints in 2009 (no not the other playoff game) but I won't drum those up since Bogie is meeting us all halfway here.

Thoughts? Its not an exact metaphor, but, oh well...

Over 200 years ago a boat left Europe to settle North America and after a while, the colonists didn't like the way Europe was run, so they started their own country, and fought to keep it.

The NFL reflects the values of those people and FIFA reflects the values those people left behind. It takes more than a corrupt organization to accept a bribe, it takes corrupt businesses and people running them to offer the bribe too.

we have the future of the nfl in luck on our team so yes nfl would benefit

okay but how many of the people are Colts fans? They respect luck but doesnt necessarily make people want to buy out a Luck jersey or memorabilia like lets say Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady.

Peyton got wayyyy more attention and much more favoring to win the Super Bowl every year in Denver than when he was in Indy. They always counted Indy out. They favored Peyton against Luck in the divisionals and it really wasnt until this year that they sealed the deal.

Comparing the NFL to FIFA is ridiculous.

im not comparing. I am just talking about the possibility of an investigation into their money tactics. The NBA ref who purposely made calls to favor his winnings in vegas are the perfect example.

Cant tell me everyone in the NFL is an angel and that they dont need to be corrupt.

To clear anything up, I meant to write during the season, not before, so yes, my statement there makes no sense and thanks for catching me on it. When the Saints were 4-0 after the first month of the season, the people on NFL Network started mentioning Hurricane Katrina and how great it would be if the Saints could make a run. That was immediately a sign to bet on them, as the NFL usually gives things away without realizing it. I believe the odds were 20-1 of them winning the Super Bowl at that time (they were 25 to 1 at the beginning of the season), and with the NFL talking about them, that's usually when a plan is in place.

The media loves to make stories though and create them. And yes they do love feel good teams with "a cause". And they want you to bet on a team like the 2006 Saints if you are not too swift and think with strong emotions over logic. They did the same with the 2012 Colts too with the Pagano cancer story tricking many that we could go farther then we did as a Cinderella. We weren't going to win in Baltimore, NE or Denver in 2012 but many of us fans still hoped. And in 2006 that Bears team demolished the Saints in the NFCCG, but still most media people and fans foolishly kept picking at times the Saints to go into a snowstorm in Chicago and beat a better team with a better defense. (granted Rex sucked)

Bogie is right, a ton of people lose money thinking they can out smart Vegas. 

And many fans get caught into the emotional tag lines as well that can over cloud the logic. The 2006 Saints had that one magical home opener too vs. Atlanta too and I swear thats what most of us just saw.....we just road that wave of "OMG they are so inspiring". The people down there suffered hard from Katrina, I think it's such a sensitive topic too that it got over done.

But, they showed highlight after highlight of that one game early on with the Saints return to the dome. And I am not even sure many watched them the rest of the year outside Saints fans.

And yeah the NFC was bad in 2006. I always felt the Colts, Pats, Ravens or Chargers would all easily beat the NFC Champs. The real SB was the AFC title game in 2006. Obviously......

The media loves to make stories though and create them. And yes they do love feel good teams with "a cause". And they want you to bet on a team like the 2006 Saints if you are not too swift and think with strong emotions over logic. They did the same with the 2012 Colts too with the Pagano cancer story tricking many that we could go farther then we did as a Cinderella. We weren't going to win in Baltimore, NE or Denver in 2012 but many of us fans still hoped. And in 2006 that Bears team demolished the Saints in the NFCCG, but still most media people and fans foolishly kept picking at times the Saints to go into a snowstorm in Chicago and beat a better team with a better defense. (granted Rex sucked)

Bogie is right, a ton of people lose money thinking they can out smart Vegas. 

And many fans get caught into the emotional tag lines as well that can over cloud the logic. The 2006 Saints had that one magical home opener too vs. Atlanta too and I swear thats what most of us just saw.....we just road that wave of "OMG they are so inspiring". The people down there suffered hard from Katrina, I think it's such a sensitive topic too that it got over done.

But, they showed highlight after highlight of that one game early on with the Saints return to the dome. And I am not even sure many watched them the rest of the year outside Saints fans.

And yeah the NFC was bad in 2006. I always felt the Colts, Pats, Ravens or Chargers would all easily beat the NFC Champs. The real SB was the AFC title game in 2006. Obviously......

I agree with you completely. I'm a wrestling fan as well and I learned it was fake from a very young age, so I've always been very suspicious of any sport being rigged, and anything that looks like it could be planned in sports. The corruption has turned me off a bit and made hard to enjoy some sports, but I always hope the NFL doesn't do that. The only time I really think about it happening is when there is a national tragedy, someone retiring, or worse case scenario, a death to a team member. The feel good story is a common thing and it's hard to get it out of my mind that they rig games for good stories. Just going to watch this year and try not to analyze every detail like a conspiracy theorist, it should make it much better. I think we go to the SB this year, and depending on the opponent, we may win it.

Wow :facepalm:

Where do you get that the Colts are amongst the smallest fanbases?

I live in Va and I'm one of 4 Colts fans that I know. I know of like 3 fans on here from VA so like 7. That's just my area though.

You are the greatest troll ever. I honestly mean that.

You really couldn't have been more wrong...

If you're going to put forward a theory like this, you need to be factually solid, I mean come on, Google things before you post! 

Umm, Katrina was in 2005. The Saints made the SB in 2009. So... how?

And let's not ignore the fact that they added a good QB and a good coach in 2006, which helped them go 10-6. Hardly an unprecedented improvement or circumstance (2008 Dolphins, Falcons and Ravens all had big jumps with new coach/QB combos; the 2011 Niners only added a new coach; there are dozens of other examples). 

Umm, Katrina was in 2005. The Saints made the SB in 2009. So... how?

And let's not ignore the fact that they added a good QB and a good coach in 2006, which helped them go 10-6. Hardly an unprecedented improvement or circumstance (2008 Dolphins, Falcons and Ravens all had big jumps with new coach/QB combos; the 2011 Niners only added a new coach; there are dozens of other examples).

Details, details