Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts should've drafted Tevin Coleman

If you're gonna swing on offense, you mine as well have made it a can't miss player like Coleman. He's going to do wonders down in ATL. Can you imagine the great play-action the Colts could've got going with Coleman in the backfield? I can't even believe Coleman lasted that long on the board. While I think either TJ Yeldon or Melvin Gordon are the two most talented backs that were drafted this year, I think Coleman going 73rd is laughable. This year's WR class was DEEP. So deep that Sammie Coates went 87th. The Colts could easily have gotten a quality WR later in the draft.

It's pretty obvious to anyone who knows anything about football that if you rate the top backs in this years draft and leave out Gurley...you're way wrong.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Gurley is better than Gordon, Coleman, or Yeldon.

I never said he was, but skipping him from the discussion shows a lack of football knowledge. Everyone has said Coleman was drafted to a perfect situation, so if he doesn't tear it up something must be wrong.

I never said he was, but skipping him from the discussion shows a lack of football knowledge. Everyone has said Coleman was drafted to a perfect situation, so if he doesn't tear it up something must be wrong.

I wasn't "skipping" him. I simply was giving my opinion on who I believed the best backs in the draft were. For my money, I think Yeldon, Coleman, and Gordon are more talented than Gurley.

It's pretty obvious to anyone who knows anything about football that if you rate the top backs in this years draft and leave out Gurley...you're way wrong.

Yeldon was actually my 5th- 6th favorite Back(Behind Gurley, Gordon, Abdullah, Johnson), I liked his creativity if the hole he was was supposed to run through was not there, I felt like he had good bu not great speed and is big enough to hold up in pass protection well once he gets that down.

And I'll see you when Coleman is tearing things up in the NFC South.

Since when has any team tore it up in the NFC south? Running backs are not worth a first round pick anymore unless they are special. Coleman is not special. Robinson taken where he was has a lot more value than Coleman. Coleman is an up right runner who might be good. I said might be good. You do not take a player who might be good in the first round. Dorsett is the future and in time will pay off. I might have agree somewhat with you had you stated any other position but RB. Also a tiny receiver? Really? Tell that to TY and quite a few other receivers in the NFL. Marvin Harrison was considered what you call a tiny receiver. He worked out OK. I am not saying that Doorsett is going to be Harrison but you get my point. I will take Gore, Boom and Robinson all day over Coleman.

Good argument, I suppose your next argument will involve Colemans fantastic numbers and his long darting runs as means to validate how good you believe he was......and admittedly they are fantastic numbers and there was many long runs

Donald Brown was never a first round talent. That was plain as day.

Nice defection.  Put up who you would have drafted so we can revisit and have at good laugh at your expense. So far you have given yourself the leeway of about 230 players .. could you narrow that down a bit ?

As I said, if I were going to draft in the vein the Colts drafted, I would've taken Coleman over 185lb. wide receiver any day of the week.

As I said, if I were going to draft in the vein the Colts drafted, I would've taken Coleman over 185lb. wide receiver any day of the week.

Ok .. we'll book that. You would have drafted Coleman at 1.29. Fair enough...

Since when has any team tore it up in the NFC south? Running backs are not worth a first round pick anymore unless they are special. Coleman is not special. Robinson taken where he was has a lot more value than Coleman. Coleman is an up right runner who might be good. I said might be good. You do not take a player who might be good in the first round. Dorsett is the future and in time will pay off. I might have agree somewhat with you had you stated any other position but RB. Also a tiny receiver? Really? Tell that to TY and quite a few other receivers in the NFL. Marvin Harrison was considered what you call a tiny receiver. He worked out OK. I am not saying that Doorsett is going to be Harrison but you get my point. I will take Gore, Boom and Robinson all day over Coleman.

RB's aren't worth 1st round picks but tiny receivers are? Gotcha.

I wasn't "skipping" him. I simply was giving my opinion on who I believed the best backs in the draft were. For my money, I think Yeldon, Coleman, and Gordon are more talented than Gurley.

i don't gurley has more power and seems more athletic to me. The one thing the others backs may have is their healthier but gurley is the type of back that can run behind anyline. Yeldon will give the jags what they been missing since jones drews left. I'm not sure about coleman but i believe gordon will light it up with the chargers.

RB's aren't worth 1st round picks but tiny receivers are? Gotcha.

Yes they are when they are as talented as Dorsett. Now all you are doing is arguing. Most all the other posters do not agree with you so why not let it go and wait and see. Your argumentative nature does you no good.

Yes they are when they are as talented as Dorsett. Now all you are doing is arguing. Most all the other posters do not agree with you so why not let it go and wait and see. Your argumentative nature does you no good.

I could make the same argument for a lot of players that you did for Dorsett. Fact is, this draft was filled with WR talent and if the Colts were going to draft as they did, MY opinion is that they should've just picked up Coleman and gotten a WR later in the draft. Not difficult to understand.

No he doesn't.

sure he does he doesn't go down easy and has that shake and bake.I don't feel gordon or coleman have as much power as gurley but they do have speed. When a draft for fantasy football I the most like rookie backs i'd take are gurley, gordon and yeldon in that order. I pretty good at evaluating talent to as i've won two years straight with several teams. I was also one of the people who drafted odell beckham and stashed him til he got healthy. I knew that guy was going to be good.

I could make the same argument for a lot of players that you did for Dorsett. Fact is, this draft was filled with WR talent and if the Colts were going to draft as they did, MY opinion is that they should've just picked up Coleman and gotten a WR later in the draft. Not difficult to understand.

no if the colts wanted coleman they could have got him in the second but then people would complain about selecting two offensive players in a row. I also thought we might get duke johnson since he slid pretty far and we were picking a lot of florida and stanford guys.

I don't see what Dorsett has to do with the argument. Coleman went in the 3rd round, Coleman wasn't/isn't a 1st round talent rb, He also got picked up before we picked in the 3rd round

So what anyone else have to say difficult to understand? There have quite a few that don't have your opinion but you seem to want to further arguing about it. I kinda thought most expressed themselves pretty good so why are you having problems understanding? Seems like no one but you liked Coleman taken in the 1st. round and no matter how much you keep talking about no one is going to agree with it.

Ok OP there is no such thing as a cant miss, not now not ever.  I wasnt thrilled with our first pick we have talent and a lot of it at the position but hey we dont get paid to draft people for a reason.  My choice would have been OL or DL end of story they are the places we are coming up short especially DL just watch the patriots games.  Just sayin...  We did OK so far in the offseason I think coaching will now either make or break our season.

Absurd to suggest Coleman should have been selected early  by the Colts. The players they selected in the first  four rounds of this draft will be more impactful and important to this team than Coleman would be. I personally like Josh Robinson in the 6th round. That was a steal, and he fits this team nicely. Lets celebrate a good draft, and a bright future. Coleman is water under the bridge, and personally, I'm glad.