Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Prototypes - Colts Rookies

Smonroe

I didn't see a thread on this article, forgive me if I missed it.

In the article they talk about which NFL player is the "prototype" at each position and which rookie has the potential to be that kind of player.

Pretty cool that two of our rookies were cited, and Dorsett isn't even one of them. Purely subjective article, but still it's high praise for our draft class.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25190780/nfl-prototypes-best-fits-for-each-position-now-and-in-the-future

I'm just so jacked about this class. And from reading that I keep thinking, we could've had Goldman too. Imagine Goldman and Anderson playing together for the next 10 years. D'Joun Smith is gonna be special. This will be Toler's last year as a Colt, and I like Toler. He's a solid corner when healthy, but we're gonna upgrade with Smith while also saving money. I understand the Tyler Lockett thing. I mean he is identical to Randall Cobb, but Dorsett's gonna be the better of the 2. I just cant wait til the season starts, and I cant wait to see our rookie class shine.

I did a mock draft a long time ago where I selected Anderson and I did some reading on him and came to the conclusion that he could develop into a poor man's JJ Watt.  I'm really excited to see how he develops.

He certainly looks to have the intangibles. Im amped myself. at first i knew little to nothing about Anderson, did a little research watched some film on him and the kid is disruptive uses his hands well and played all over the D-Line. He def looks to be a huge steal, for now atleast. 

The JJ Watt comparison makes me cringe, and I'm one of the biggest Anderson fans around here. We'd be lucky to get JJ Milliwatt.

It's Anderson's fault for being built similarly, being a whitey, playing the same position, and being disruptive in college, dammit!

It's Anderson's fault for being built similarly, being a whitey, playing the same position, and being disruptive in college, dammit!

That's just something he'll have to live with, or live up to.

Sort of how every small white receiver was going to be Wes Welker. At least in the fans and media minds.

I did a mock draft a long time ago where I selected Anderson and I did some reading on him and came to the conclusion that he could develop into a poor man's JJ Watt.  I'm really excited to see how he develops.

What round did you take him? :)

The JJ Watt comparison makes me cringe, and I'm one of the biggest Anderson fans around here. We'd be lucky to get JJ Milliwatt.

It's not a comparison though, really. It's the prototype at each position and who comes closest to matching them physically. It's unwritten but known that likely none of them will Match the prototype.

Did you really think he'd be available in the 3rd round? I didn't.  I suspected he might be an option simply due to the Stanford connection (and I actually told my wife during the draft after they took Anderson that they should go ahead and draft his teammate at nose and sure enough....) but I really thought he'd be in the top half of Round 3 at worst. 

Well, i was watching Arik Armstead numbers, tape (a little) and i don't know why he went much much higher than Anderson, i mean Anderson numbers are better at 3 cone drill, 20 yds, 40 yds, and may have better numbers at bench, but Arik Armstead was drafted because his ceiling??? again he is very raw and didn't have great production , IMO he is a good athlete but the guy is HUGE but Anderson is just 1 or 1 1/2 inches shorter than him so all that hype about Arik i didn't get it but when we get Anderson a good athlete that can produce and has a good technique on the 3rd he is labeled  as a common guy because his round, we all know that Grigson hits HR on the 3rd so i hope he did it again.

Did you really think he'd be available in the 3rd round? I didn't.  I suspected he might be an option simply due to the Stanford connection (and I actually told my wife during the draft after they took Anderson that they should go ahead and draft his teammate at nose and sure enough....) but I really thought he'd be in the top half of Round 3 at worst. 

I did a mock draft where I took him in the 5th round, if I recall correctly.  With that said, those mock drafts aren't usually super reliable for how things will really play out haha