Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marcell Dareus suspended week 1.

Dustin

A very nice gift from the football gods.

I think our first two weeks,  vs. the Bills and home with the Jets are going to be very hard.   Clearly not because they have a decent quarterback -- they don't.

But they both have very, very good defenses -- likely top 8.    And we haven't started all that fast the first 3 years of this administration.     Not starting fast is not good vs. defense likes the Bills and Jets.

So,  every little bit helps.  

Definitely good for us. I guess the first offense is only 1 game now? That's just asking them to break the rules.

NFL won't test for weed in a few years as more and more states legalize it, they'll follow suit. Last thing they want are stars not playing for smoking pot.

A very nice gift from the football gods.

I think our first two weeks, vs. the Bills and home with the Jets are going to be very hard. Clearly not because they have a decent quarterback -- they don't.

But they both have very, very good defenses -- likely top 8. And we haven't started all that fast the first 3 years of this administration. Not starting fast is not good vs. defense likes the Bills and Jets.

So, every little bit helps.

Good thing our offense should be very, very good!

I think we knew we weren't going to be able to fix our defense where we would match up well with other teams so that's why we made our offense even stronger and still upgraded our defense just a tad! This way hopefully we can still play well vs the teams with good defenses!

Sitting here thinking about that.... wouldn't surprise me if this staff started Harrison smh

I agree lmao I think Harrison is strong but doesn't communicate well I'd rather have better communication with Holmes only allowed 1 sack as a unit when he started that's something to look at

Good thing our offense should be very, very good!

I think we knew we weren't going to be able to fix our defense where we would match up well with other teams so that's why we made our offense even stronger and still upgraded our defense just a tad! This way hopefully we can still play well vs the teams with good defenses!

Yes,  but I don't know how good we'll be in weeks one and two?

We might be great by week 6 when we play New England......   but right out of the gate?    I'm not sure at all....

I hope we are.....   but I wouldn't be surprised if we're not.

Definitely good for us. I guess the first offense is only 1 game now? That's just asking them to break the rules.

He never failed a drug test. It was synthetic stuff. "Incense" that you can smoke to get a similiar high, but wont show up on a drug test.

He got pulled over, officer found it in his possession. I believe it is still a 4 game suspension for a first time failed drug test, but thats not the case here.

He never failed a drug test. It was synthetic stuff. "Incense" that you can smoke to get a similiar high, but wont show up on a drug test.

He got pulled over, officer found it in his possession. I believe it is still a 4 game suspension for a first time failed drug test, but thats not the case here.

For substance abuse (different from PEDs), it was a warning for a first offense, and four games for a second offense. They renegotiated last season, and a second offense is only two games. Dareus situation is different because he didn't test positive.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/19/6559533/nfl-new-drug-policy-details-nflpa

For substance abuse (different from PEDs), it was a warning for a first offense, and four games for a second offense. They renegotiated last season, and a second offense is only two games. Dareus situation is different because he didn't test positive.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/19/6559533/nfl-new-drug-policy-details-nflpa

Thanks for clearing that up. After reading the link you posted, this is similar to a two-game ban for a DUI traffic stop. But it seems that Dareus was not found to be "under the influence" of this substance, and rather, was just in "possession" of it. I guess that counts for a one game suspension.

Thanks for clearing that up. After reading the link you posted, this is similar to a two-game ban for a DUI traffic stop. But it seems that Dareus was not found to be "under the influence" of this substance, and rather, was just in "possession" of it. I guess that counts for a one game suspension.

Yeah it seems like the result of an appeal. 

This thread started in the Colts section and moved to the NFL section?

I appreciate that Darius is not on the Colts,  but he's missing one game and that one game just happens to be against the Colts!

I don't see why this had to be moved?    It will get less traffic here that's relevant to the Colts game.

Scratching my head.....      :scratch: