Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay: Game vs. Pats will be Huge! Huge! Huge!

NewColtsFan

Found this front and center over on NFL.com.....   very surprised not to see it posted here.....

Irsay's comments about our game vs. New England.

The headline I used for this story is Irsay's quote.   It's not me building it up,  it's him!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000493580/article/jim-irsay-colts-vs-pats-will-be-huge-huge-huge

Any time we play the Patriots it's big. Now that some think it was us who "ratted" them out it will be even bigger. This is our best chance in a while to get a win against the Patriots. At home and quite a few new and better players on our team. You know it will be electric.

It is a huge game.  If the Pats record is .500 or below when the Colts play the Pats and the Colts beat the Pats they will be on there way to homefield in the playoffs(at least against the Pats) which is huge in my opinion.  They want to stay away from New England in January.

Ha, I saw a video clip earlier today (just went back to try to find it, cant remember where I saw it) but it was a clip of Irsay answering a few questions, & he stated he was looking forward to seeing the team come together & preparing for week one against the Bills, it was only after he was specifically asked about the Pats week 6 game that he said, well obviously that will be a huge game...

but the way the quote is presented is pretty well out of context...

Not like Irsay was ranting and raving about how HUGE!!! the game is going to be...

"Huge, Huge, Huge" =translation= Pagano and Grigson better win this game (or at least make it very close) if you want to keep your jobs.

Not the way Irsay said it at all actually...

this should be the link with Irsay's quote

http://www.csnne.com/video_content_type/jim-irsay-and-mark-davis-weigh-deflategate

Doesn't come off as an ultimatum to Grigs or Pags to me, at least not the way he says it here...

but everyone sees things differently I guess...

Not the way Irsay said it at all actually...

I'll try to find a link to the video of the interview so theories like this don't turn into silly rumors...

I know that is not what he meant by that quote ... I was being facetious ... although; if I had a boss that said something like that with all the other circumstances and comments that have been made in relation how the Colts have played the Pats in previous games it would definitely be in the back of my mind if I were Pagano or Grigson.

If we get blown out at home by the Pats my money is on one or more of Grigson, Pagano, Manusky losing their job. (unless we were to come back and beat them in the playoffs and/or go to the SB)

This team is built to outscore the Patriots. We're probably going to get gouged by their run game again(I don't think we've done enough to address the problem), but it might not be enough for the Patriots to win. Also, consider if we get up on them, they're going to have to abandon the run and our defense will not be gassed in the fourth quarter.

The show (Dexter) fell off a cliff in the last couple of years but I miss Michael C Hall.

Perfect post lollygagger8! haha

Also it was a great series until one season. I forget which one was bad and the ending to the whole series was terrible! Other than that it was a great and addictive series! haha

Also it was a great series until one season. I forget which one was bad and the ending to the whole series was terrible! Other than that it was a great and addictive series! haha

Last 2 seasons were pretty bad .. IMO anyway

I know that is not what he meant by that quote ... I was being facetious ... although; if I had a boss that said something like that with all the other circumstances and comments that have been made in relation how the Colts have played the Pats in previous games it would definitely be in the back of my mind if I were Pagano or Grigson.

If we get blown out at home by the Pats my money is on one or more of Grigson, Pagano, Manusky losing their job. (unless we were to come back and beat them in the playoffs and/or go to the SB)

Right...

I'm not even saying that if that hurdle is not somehow overcome that there may not be some coaching changes made, I was just asserting that in this case, this particular quote is taken way out of context...

The show (Dexter) fell off a cliff in the last couple of years but I miss Michael C Hall.

Last 2 seasons were pretty bad .. IMO anyway

Ha awesome this thread has turned into a Dextercthread, loved the show, but definitely agree, it soooo should have ended after Trinity killer. Dex losing Rita wouldve made a powerful enough ending imo...

Anyways...

More than I miss Dex, I miss Debs!!!

Ha awesome this thread has turned into a Dextercthread, loved the show, but definitely agree, it soooo should have ended after Trinity killer. Dex losing Rita wouldve made a powerful enough ending imo...

Anyways...

More than I miss Dex, I miss Debs!!!

No harm as the thread no doubt sucked . Yeah.. agree all downhill after Rita was killed.

No harm as the thread no doubt sucked . Yeah.. agree all downhill after Rita was killed.

I agree stating the obvious from Irsay.

One thing I just can't shake. Before the Deflategate thing blew up I felt this was like our season on the brink...we were putting together a real good offseason and there was a really good vibe. After the deflate thing it just seems to put a dark cloud on things. I just hope we don't have one of those seasons full of injuries and fluke things...we have a lot of promise but if we get to looking too far ahead and worrying about records and how this and that. Just get me to week 1 ready and healthy and playing good football and take week after week. NE will take care of themselves....it will be a good game. Tom will be extra motivated to drop a 50 burger on us but we can't worry until week 6.

One thing I just can't shake. Before the Deflategate thing blew up I felt this was like our season on the brink...we were putting together a real good offseason and there was a really good vibe. After the deflate thing it just seems to put a dark cloud on things. I just hope we don't have one of those seasons full of injuries and fluke things...we have a lot of promise but if we get to looking too far ahead and worrying about records and how this and that. Just get me to week 1 ready and healthy and playing good football and take week after week. NE will take care of themselves....it will be a good game. Tom will be extra motivated to drop a 50 burger on us but we can't worry until week 6.

Good points . Never pays to even "peek" ahead in the NFL. 

If any player in the NFL does not give his all every game, he likely won't last long. The whole bulletin board thing, payback, yada yada, doesn't wash with me. To have an extra level you can go to when you feel offended, means that you are not giving everything you have most of the time.

I don't buy it. 

If we can't beat them with their depleted defensive backfield and our supposedly juggernaut of a

receiver corps, playing them at Lucas and upgrades to the RB stable, then I totally

give up on Pags and crew to ever beat Belichick and co.

If we can stop the run we will win. But it's a big IF..

Agree with most of what you say here, dgambill, except for one thing. No matter how motivated, how upset, how ticked off, how et.al, from Tom Brady, NO WAY he and the Pats drop 50 on the Colts!

NO WAY !!!