Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

P. Manning this season

The Great Dane

With the new scheme i think Manning will have a good year. Less pressure for his arm and a D# which is pumped after a scheme move to 3-4.

Denver will be a more serious contender for the AFC title this year i think.

But again it's hard to predict, and it's even harder to predict about the future..! :lecture:

Think the Broncos will end up with a 11-5 record

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think their addition of Wade Philips was possibly the most underrated move of the offseason.  I think he's a very good DC and I like the hiring of Kubiak as well.  I also fully expect Peyton to come back completely healthy and play as well as he did before.  They'll probably have another 12+ win season and get a top 3 AFC seed

Peyton will absolutely have to lean on the run game and defense if he wants to advance in the postseason next year. They have the kind of team that would allow him to play an Alex Smith type of role, and they could be very successful. CJ Anderson is an extremely underrated RB. I really don't see them beating us in January though.

A lot went on behind closed doors with that team last year in the 2nd half of the season (Manning was MVP leader in 1st half) and rumors were swirling about Fox to Chicago before the Colts beat Denver. It looked to me like Manning had all his LOS control completely taken away after a poor game vs St Louis and then there was the injury. I would expect Manning to be much improved compared to how he finished. The Colts will probably be favorites if they meet again in January but anything can happen in the playoffs. 

I think their addition of Wade Philips was possibly the most underrated move of the offseason.  I think he's a very good DC and I like the hiring of Kubiak as well.  I also fully expect Peyton to come back completely healthy and play as well as he did before.  They'll probably have another 12+ win season and get a top 3 AFC seed

Agree!  Wade Phillips is probably the most happy coach in a new team right now!

Gonna be fun to see Peyton with a solid ground attack!! :thmup:

A lot went on behind closed doors with that team last year in the 2nd half of the season (Manning was MVP leader in 1st half) and rumors were swirling about Fox to Chicago before the Colts beat Denver. It looked to me like Manning had all his LOS control completely taken away after a poor game vs St Louis and then there was the injury. I would expect Manning to be much improved compared to how he finished. The Colts will probably be favorites if they meet again in January but anything can happen in the playoffs. 

I've said it a hundred times already, but I'll say it again: the Broncos gameplans on both sides of the ball were atrocious against us in the playoffs. We matchup well with them in a lot of ways, but they really did us a favor by not attacking the right side of our offensive line, and not stressing the middle of our defense. Played right into our strengths. I don't think one game got Fox fired, especially if what you say is true, but if you want one game to highlight why he won't be any great loss, it's that playoff game. 

I think they will be a 10-6 to 13-3 team every year that Peytons the QB.  I think there defense is solid, they have a pretty decent O-line, good receivers and decent running backs.  They should have a solid team.  There window is closing though with retirement possible in Peytons future.

Peyton will absolutely have to lean on the run game and defense if he wants to advance in the postseason next year. They have the kind of team that would allow him to play an Alex Smith type of role, and they could be very successful. CJ Anderson is an extremely underrated RB. I really don't see them beating us in January though.

Peyton and Alex Smith in the same sentence is wrong..

....he will do what he;s always done...Wes Welker and Julius Thomas were hurt the second half of last season...although they played

.If Owen Daniels and Cody Latimer stay healthy, Peyton returns to being the 3-TD a game guy and Denver, not facing the NFC West this year...is 12-4..

I would also then guess this isn't Peyton's final season..

I've said it a hundred times already, but I'll say it again: the Broncos gameplans on both sides of the ball were atrocious against us in the playoffs. We matchup well with them in a lot of ways, but they really did us a favor by not attacking the right side of our offensive line, and not stressing the middle of our defense. Played right into our strengths. I don't think one game got Fox fired, especially if what you say is true, but if you want one game to highlight why he won't be any great loss, it's that playoff game. 

I agree 100% with you....there are some coaches that game plan really well and some that are like a great father figure and keep things running well. IMO Fox like perhaps a couple of our guys I wonder about his game planning. I LOVE how NE seems able to change up their defense and offense week to week based on their opponent....its clear there are great strategist but I don't think Fox would be that guy. I don't know if Kubes can either...but at least in Baltimore it appeared they would change up the focus of the offense etc from week to week.

That's a funny photo....looks like Robert Downey Jr's weird uncle

Jake Plummers ugly brother lol....of course the Broncos board would love Peyton then....can't believe how much they revere Plummer and have so little nice to say of Peyton. The whole hired gun...he will never be welcomed there the same way as he was here.

.....right tackle is a concern...but Peyton is Peyton....4,500 yards...40 TDs

Thats some big stats. I think he and the Broncos would be happy with like 4000 and 35 tds....I do think they plan to run the ball A LOT more. Doesn't mean they won't throw it (its Peyton) but I think he will come back down to earth with his td and yd numbers...something more similar to his days here in Indy.

Thats some big stats. I think he and the Broncos would be happy with like 4000 and 35 tds....I do think they plan to run the ball A LOT more. Doesn't mean they won't throw it (its Peyton) but I think he will come back down to earth with his td and yd numbers...something more similar to his days here in Indy.

Yeah, he's only thrown 40+ TDs twice in his career, and it's always been way above 40. There's not a lot of middle ground for Peyton; if he has a big TD year, it's a record breaking year, and I don't see that happening. I think their goal is to be less dependent on his arm anyways, which makes sense.

I agree 100% with you....there are some coaches that game plan really well and some that are like a great father figure and keep things running well. IMO Fox like perhaps a couple of our guys I wonder about his game planning. I LOVE how NE seems able to change up their defense and offense week to week based on their opponent....its clear there are great strategist but I don't think Fox would be that guy. I don't know if Kubes can either...but at least in Baltimore it appeared they would change up the focus of the offense etc from week to week.

I think Baltimore's offense with Kubiak had some significant differences from what he ran with Schaub in Houston, and after a while it was hard to know what exactly they were running because they had so many different QBs, and never one for very long. But I think he does a decent job of adapting to his personnel, and he's at least paid lip service to the idea since he was hired.

When Manning went to Denver, they spent all offseason and the first part of the year trying to run McCoy's offense, with varying degrees of success. But eventually, it became more Manning's offense than McCoy's. I would think Kubiak and Dennison understand that you don't try to go offroading with a Porsche, and don't need to play that game again.

Yeah, he's only thrown 40+ TDs twice in his career, and it's always been way above 40. There's not a lot of middle ground for Peyton; if he has a big TD year, it's a record breaking year, and I don't see that happening. I think their goal is to be less dependent on his arm anyways, which makes sense.

I think their goal is to be the No.1 seed..and its a perception that Kubiak wants to run the ball more.

But when they ask him he says that he'd be a fool to take the ball out of Peyton's hands.

The Broncos WRs are the most dangerous they've been with Thomas, Sanders and Latimer...but overall, they are not powerful on the O=-line. Denver's offense suffered last year because Peyton got hurt..not because he threw too much.

I really see no reason to change what they've been doing and I dont think Kubiak will either..

Denver isn't going to run the ball 50 times a game. Doesn't make sense

I'd put this year's above last year's even though last year had some toughies. They have the Browns and that's the only gimmie. The Raiders aren't rolling over for anybody anymore. The next easiest game is the Packers.

Really ..they played the NFC West last year..AT Seattle....and played AT New England and AT Cincinnatti

..the 2015 Denver schedule is easier

Really ..they played the NFC West last year..AT Seattle....and played AT New England and AT Cincinnatti

..the 2015 Denver schedule is easier

Not really SURE how that PROVES that that was ANY easier when they LOST all 3 of those games and play 2 of those TEAMS again this year even with the USE of all CAPS for dramatic EFFECT.

Not really SURE how that PROVES that that was ANY easier when they LOST all 3 of those games and play 2 of those TEAMS again this year even with the USE of all CAPS for dramatic EFFECT.

I like you using caps...nobody else here is but hey, go with it!

Obviously...it you played teams on the road one season and play them at home the next..that's easier.

2014 (at NE) 2015 home vs NE. which one is tougher?

No game in St. Louis. No game in Seattle.

Denver's 2015 schedule is not as difficult as the 2014 schedule.

I like you using caps...nobody else here is but hey, go with it!

Obviously...it you played teams on the road one season and play them at home the next..that's easier.

2014 (at NE) 2015 home vs NE. which one is tougher?

No game in St. Louis. No game in Seattle.

Denver's 2015 schedule is not as difficult as the 2014 schedule.

Don't you mean AT Ne, AT St Louis and AT Seattle there Mr I don't see any caps...and you're just reaching now