Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early 10 predictions on the colts 2015 season

12isthenew18

1. Mathis never returns to being effective. But Bjoern Werner drops 10.5 sacks this year

2. Dorsett will be the KR or PR First team all pro this year 6 return td's

3. Luck doesn't hit 5000 yards but hits 45 TD's

4. We have ONE HUGE injuiry. 2010: Sanders 2011: Manning 2012: Coach(sick) 2013: Reggie 2014: Mathis 2015: ???????

5. We seed #2 and host the afc championship vs. San Diego (i know)

6: Arthur Jones plays every spot on the line and drops 8 sacks

7. Mike Adams will be benched for clayton by week 8

8. Moncrief will not go hungry. 60 rec 800 yards 7 td's

9. Fleener will emerge as a top 5 TE

10. We win it all 34-27 vs. GB

But yeah, if your going to predict an OLB other than Mathis and Cole to get 10 plus sacks its gotta be Newsome. Newsome is going to be a stud this year IMO. At least as a pure edge rusher. He may struggle in other areas, but he's got the skill and ability to be a heck of a pass rusher.

But yeah, if your going to predict an OLB other than Mathis and Cole to get 10 plus sacks its gotta be Newsome. Newsome is going to be a stud this year IMO. At least as a pure edge rusher. He may struggle in other areas, but he's got the skill and ability to be a heck of a pass rusher.

This

Newsome > Werner

:scoregood:

1. We beat the Patriots

2. Make the Super Bowl

3. Win the Super Bowl

4. Fleener a top 4 TE

5. Hilton gets 1300 yards

6. Newsome gets 9 sacks

7. Vontae gets 7 INTs

8. Dorsett and Moncrief get 600 yards each

9. Our defense is top 10

10. Offense is top 3

I'll play along.

1. We trade for a disgruntled defensive player coming from the West(AFC or NFC)

2. Gore has his second best rushing season with us and his best receiving.

3. Luck improves across the board EXCEPT for rushing.

4. Dorsett scores a TD on his first punt of kick fielded AND on his first route as a WR. Forum goes gaga for Phil.

5. Toler has his best season as a Colt. Leaves in FA... to the Patriots.

6. Davis gets two pick-6's

7. Johnson pads his stats in two games. Both versus the Texans.

8. Nobody runs away with the lead in sacks. decently distributed among several players.

9. McAfee nails a 67-yarder in a crucial game to make it a two possession game.

10. Vinatieri wins it for us in our ONLY game against the Patriots. You heard me.

Colts cheerleaders go on strike right before the Pats game and we get substitutes from PT's Show Club. Brady get distracted (ala The Replacements). Gisele chucks a bottle of Dom Perignon at him, and cracks him in the face just as all 340 lbs of Art Jones come stampeding across the line.

Needless to say it's a bloody day for poor Tom.

Tom-Brady-665x385.jpg

1. We beat the Patriots

2. Make the Super Bowl

3. Win the Super Bowl

4. Fleener a top 4 TE

6. Newsome gets 9 sacks

7. Vontae gets 7 INTs

9. Our defense is top 10

10. Offense is top 3

26Bama, #6 & #9 on your list would be fantastic. Naturally, I wanna win the SB of course that's a given. I just need to see opposing QBs we face very uncomfortable & that starts with interior pressure & collapsed pockets. Like TK & Colts449 said Newsome is a stud. Bring the heat son. Oh yeah. 

Here's my kind of bold predictions, but a lot are actually very likely

1) Luck throws for over 5,000 yards and is recognized as a top 3-4 QB

2) We have two 1,000 yard WR's

3) Gore dominates, finally gives us a great run game and rushes for over 1,000 yards

4) We finally have a really good offensive line

5) Fleener becomes recognized as a top 5-6 TE in the league

6) Henry Anderson has a great rookie year, to the point where he gets a lot of league wide recognition.

7) Jonathan Newsome breaks out and puts up 10plus sacks

8) We have a really good defense, and have a few break out defensive players

9) Arthur Jones is one of the best 3-4 DE's in the NFL, and is an absolute monster.

10) We win the Super Bowl

3) Gore dominates, finally gives us a great run game and rushes for over 1,000 yards

6) Henry Anderson has a great rookie year, to the point where he gets a lot of league wide recognition.

9) Arthur Jones is one of the best 3-4 DE's in the NFL, and is an absolute monster.

Don't tease me man. Honestly, this development would probably make me ecstatic.

It's a nice list overall. Hey NCF, since you are so familiar with Stanford University Football, what's your assessment of Henry Anderson? Do you see him as an immediate impact player for us? Just curious. 

1. We beat the Patriots

2. Make the Super Bowl

3. Win the Super Bowl

4. Fleener a top 4 TE

6. Newsome gets 9 sacks

7. Vontae gets 7 INTs

9. Our defense is top 10

10. Offense is top 3

I just can't see him getting 7 INTs. That would mean he would have to be thrown at  7 times

1. Luck doesn't go over 4700 yds but gets 51TD's.

2. We have a top 15 rushing attack but we still don't get a 1000 yard rusher.

3. We go 13-3 with our loses being against the saints, texans(away of course), and the steelers.

4. Andrew breaks the single game TD record with 8 TD passes against the falcons.

5.Our defense is ranked between 8-12, and we have a top 5 pass defense

6. Vontae Davis has 2 INT's 8 pass deflections with only 10 passes targeted in his direction the whole year. 

7. We have 9 pro bowlers.

8. Pat McAfee destroys Julian Edelman on a punt return and forces a fumble which we return for a TD.

9. Adam Vinatieri hits a game winner in every playoff game including the super bowl.

10. We win the Superbowl 31-30 against the Dallas cowboys.

1. Andrew Luck brings home the AP Most Valuable Player award. He threatens the all time record early, tails off late and finishes with 49 pass TDs, tying the franchise record.

2. TY Hilton racks up just short of 1500 rec yards. Fleener is second on the team with around 800. Johnson, Moncrief and Dorsett each add about 50 catches, 600 yards and 5 tds. Everyone says Andre was a dissapointment, but go gaga over the young guys.

3. Gore hits 1000 yards rushing...towards the end of week 14. Around 8 rush TDs and breaks the record for most rec TDs for a back, a record that Bradshaw was on pace to shatter early last season. Fans and media will speculate that we are using him too much, too early.

4. Boom will get the extra carries early in the season, but coaches wont want to take Frank off the field. By midseason, Herron will be a nonfactor and Robinson will be the spell back.

5. Pats go 1-3, and Jimmy G becomes a punchline. Brady comes in to Indy, Colts win 38-37 on a fluke play, a phantom penalty or some questionable circumstances.

6. Our defense ranks #9 at end of the regular season. #10 in sacks, #4 in pass defense and #14 in rush defense.

7. Mathis comes back, racks up 8 sacks and 3 FFs. Cole adds 6 and Newsome goes to the probowl. People still complain we wasted a first rd pick on Werner.

8. DJoun Smith beats out Greg Toler for #2 corner by week 5 and is considered our best draft pick. Henry Anderson is a major contributor as well.

9. The Colts (13-3, no. 1 seed in AFC) beat the Pats (11-5, rebounding from 1-4 start to secure no. 4 seed) convincingly in divisional round after sacking Brady six times. But we lose a nail biter to DEN in AFCCG where CJ Anderson racks up 120 rushing yards and 2 TDs. We lose on a strip sack by Von Miller and...

10. Despite all the good things we accomplished, the offseason narrative will STILL be that we need to get better on O Line and stopping the run.

1. Mathis never returns to being effective. But Bjoern Werner drops 10.5 sacks this year

That was not a good start to your list. 

My only predictions;

1) We have a tremendously successful year and are viewed as Super Bowl favorites by many of the experts late in the season. 

2) We beat the pants off of the Patriots in week 6, pulling their bones from their body and taking a team selfie with Tom Brady's skeleton. 

That was not a good start to your list. 

My only predictions;

1) We have a tremendously successful year and are viewed as Super Bowl favorites by many of the experts late in the season. 

2) We beat the pants off of the Patriots in week 6, pulling their bones from their body and taking a team selfie with Tom Brady's skeleton. 

OK.....

This gets Ruksak votes for best quip of the year!   

Brilliantly done!!   Truly brilliant!!      :thmup:       :thmup: 

I bow at your feet!!      :worthy:             :worthy:             :worthy:             :worthy:             :worthy:             :worthy:

1. Fans complain about Werner

2. Fans complain about Walden

3. Fans complain about Grigson

4. Fans complain about Pagano

5. Fans complain about Irsay

6. Fans complain about Hamilton

7. Fans complain about the oline

8. Fans complain about Manusky

9. Fans complain about Goodell

10. I complain about other fans

This is the most believable prediction in here. Hands down. You more than likely left a few names off.

2. Dorsett will be the KR or PR First team all pro this year 6 return td's

3. Luck doesn't hit 5000 yards but hits 45 TD's

4. We have ONE HUGE injuiry. 2010: Sanders 2011: Manning 2012: Coach(sick) 2013: Reggie 2014: Mathis 2015: ???????

5. We seed #2 and host the afc championship vs. San Diego (i know)

6: Arthur Jones plays every spot on the line and drops 8 sacks

7. Mike Adams will be benched for clayton by week 8

8. Moncrief will not go hungry. 60 rec 800 yards 7 td's

9. Fleener will emerge as a top 5 TE

10. We win it all 34-27 vs. GB

On #2. . . So basically Dorsett will match Devin Hester's best season??  In 2007 Devin Hester had 2 Kickoff returns for TD's and 4 Punt returns for TD's to equal to 6 TD's total.

Since then he's never gotten more then 3 combined in 1 year.

I have to say that your prediction on Dorsett seems a little far fetched.  Even more so then Bjorn Werner becoming a good pass rusher. 

1. We go 19-0

2. gore and robinson rush for 1,000 a piece

3. Luck throws over 50 tds

4. newsome leads nfl in sacks

5. we have a top 5 defense

6. we hold the patriots to under 100 yards rushing

If the Colts were to go 19-0, beating the Pats in a playoff game along the way... the adrenaline alone from that could be enough to actually kill me.

andrew luck win superbowl mvp against the pats  and league MVP  breaking the regular season mvp curse 

colts beat pats , garropolo takes over from brady full time , brady get trade to browns for a first round piick

colts go 15-1

Henry Anderson wins droy with 72 tackles 10 tfl 8 sacks , 3 forced fumbles 

Mcafee, hilton,davis, luck ,Allen,Fleener,Vinateri,johnson are first team all pros and pro bowlers 

luck breaks the td record with 59 with 11 ints , throws 5 against the pats 6 against seelers in a shootout loss , 8 against the saints the falcons 

gore rush 1200 yards at 4.9 per carry 

Hilton goes for 108 recs 1565 yards and 11 tds a new pb 

Johnson as 60 recs for 800 yards and 5 tds 

Moncrief and dorsett combine 1100 and 9tds , 4 to moncrief  , 5 to dorsett

coby and dwayne combine for 800 yard with 80 recs and 22 tds 

carter is 150 yard with 15 rec and 3 tds 

colts rush for three 150 yard games 

top half defense

top offense in the leaugue

3rd in points allowed 

Sounds about right....

If #3 and #4 become true, we will win the SB - a dominating RB and a good OL will set up not only the passing game but the defense too.

Boy, 10 is too many to have to make up...:

1) D'Qwell is a surprise final cut, after several young defenders prove capable of filling in until Irving is ready.

2) Duron Carter also cut after DUI during a bender that resulted from him falling behind in the #5 WR race to Vincent Brown or Ryan Lankford.

3) The OL makes a huge leap, largely resulting from development of young players (Holmes and Mewhort) and the addition of Herremans. 

4) The O is prolific, as the passing attack is unstoppable and running becomes easier when teams put dime packages in.

5) The most productive rookie is D'Joun Smith, who starts a handful of games when Toler is dinged up.  He plays alright.

6) Josh Robinson makes the team as the 3rd back, but gets few to no carries.

7) Colts destroy the Pats after Colt ballboy disappears with Patriot balls before the game; Brady alleges balls were over inflated.

8) Run-stopping no longer considered a major weakness once Jones and Langford are able to be on the field together for a significant time period (and the young NTs improve).

9) Colts go 6-0 in the division again.

10) Colts get #1 seed in the AFC and advance to the Super Bowl.