Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts better be ready week 6. (merge)

Timo1

Obviously, barring "mitigating circumstances", October 18th, 2015: that team vs. The Colts is THE BIGGEST game of the year for the NFL.

Maybe a game in week 17, or a Brady vs. Manning AFC Championship, will trump this, but seriously, the NFL could not have "planned" this any better.

A pisst off Brady comes back from suspension against a loaded Colts team... The same team that "ratted out" Bradys' misdeeds.

If Belichick can't get his team "geeked up" for this game, they don't deserve to win.  I don't think they deserve to win anyway, but my opinion has nothing to do with the outcome.

If Chuck can't get the Colts ready for this game, and we actually lose to the pats... AGAIN. Especially if they run for 200+ yds... omg

I doubt either fan base will be happy, because neither team is going to win 70-0.  It's going to be a nail-biting close one, and at least one fan WILL die of a heart-attack... Just sayin...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might say this is the biggest game of the regular season for the NFL.  Unless week 17 provides some crazy scenario, like always, this game will be the most-watched game of the regular season.

It's already a prime-time game.  A pisst-off Brady will be coming to town against a stacked Colts team, the team that "ratted" him out to the NFL.  Luck and Brady will (hopefully) shoot it out.

If the pats run for 200+ yds (again) and beat the Colts, get yo torches and pitchforks ready... BUT if the Colts (finally) beat the pats, then it's the feel-good story of the regular season.  It will be a nail-biter though, no 70-0 whupping in this game. (as much as we would like to see the Colts send the pats home crying)

Don't be surprised if we see a Manning v. Brady AFC Championship though.  As much as I would like, no LOVE, to see the Colts go all the way, I see one more epic matchup, where (hopefully) The Sheriff can ride off into the sunset, while Brady has to eat poop.

I think it could be a good game, what I'm worried about is if they intentionally try to hurt Luck or someone else. I really think it's a possibility.

I have not considered this. I don't like you right now.

I think it could be a good game, what I'm worried about is if they intentionally try to hurt Luck or someone else. I really think it's a possibility.

I have not considered this. I don't like you right now.

I, also, don't like you right now.  Just saying, this is blasphemy.  Intentionally hurting another player has historically (Bountygate) not worked out for the offending team.

I, for one, want a healthy Tom Brady (and BB and Bob Kraft) to LOSE to the Colts here in Indy, and go home CRYING to their Mommas... in week 6 and after the AFC Championship.  2006 Redux...

They better be ready for the Colts! Run it up on them!

I really hope neither team is able to "run it up" on the other...

Just kidding, I want the Colts to win 70-0, but that would be delusional...

45-42 Colts win on a last-second Adam Vinatieri FG... maybe in overtime, but that would mean someone dies of a heart attack before OT even starts... (hopefully a pats fan... jk... again... but not really tho)

I really hope neither team is able to "run it up" on the other...

Just kidding, I want the Colts to win 70-0, but that would be delusional...

45-42 Colts win on a last-second Adam Vinatieri FG... maybe in overtime, but that would mean someone dies of a heart attack before OT even starts... (hopefully a pats fan... jk... again... but not really tho)

I want New England to see the full power of this offense! 52-17 would be good for me. If Pagano takes his foot off the gas, then he needs to draw the ire of Colt's Nation. Smash!

A few analysts (lookin' at you Michael Irvin) have said teams should be scared of the pats once Brady comes back.  When you look at what they did after spygate (18-1) and how they ran it up on teams, should we be scared about the pats blowing us out of the water on their way to another Super Bowl?

HECK NAW!!!  Belichick WISHES he had that team from 2007.  Randy Moss? Tedi Bruschi?  Get-outta-heeere...

Granted, Belichick is a heckuva coach, but Chuck ain't no slouch, and I think the Colts will have a chip on their shoulder.  Maybe not as big a chip as NE, but if any team is motivated to beat the pants off NE, it's the Colts.

45-42 (and I hate to give the pats that many pts) with the homefield advantage coming through.  Hopefully, we can get homefield advantage during the playoffs and beat them AGAIN on the way to another LOMBARDI.

Nah we aren't playing if it gets ugly we can turn the TV or radio off or leave the game if necessary. If you are scared over a footbsll gsme I would strongly encourage you to reevaluate what's important in life and maybe reconnect with your family. I mean the amount of hate that has been expended over this whole thing on both sides is remarkable. I get it I don't like the Pats either but after all it is just a game.

A few analysts (lookin' at you Michael Irvin) have said teams should be scared of the pats once Brady comes back.  When you look at what they did after spygate (18-1) and how they ran it up on teams, should we be scared about the pats blowing us out of the water on their way to another Super Bowl?

HECK NAW!!!  Belichick WISHES he had that team from 2007.  Randy Moss? Tedi Bruschi?  Get-outta-heeere...

Granted, Belichick is a heckuva coach, but Chuck ain't no slouch, and I think the Colts will have a chip on their shoulder.  Maybe not as big a chip as NE, but if any team is motivated to beat the pants off NE, it's the Colts.

45-42 (and I hate to give the pats that many pts) with the homefield advantage coming through.  Hopefully, we can get homefield advantage during the playoffs and beat them AGAIN on the way to another LOMBARDI.

Get outta here with that nonsense.

We are not scared and we have no reason to be.

I am hoping for a 70-0 Colts victory, but I'm trying to be realistic.  I in NO WAY believe the Colts should be scared.  Like I said, the pats will have a chip on their shoulder, but I think the Colts will also have a chip on their shoulder, and for this game specifically, a HUGE CHIP, that hopefully carries over to a win and home-field advantage...

Which means a rematch here in Indy, where we (again) send them home crying after a playoff embarassment...

Of course, that's assuming they win the AFC East, like always...  I'd love to have a Colts/Dolphins/Bills/Jets AFC Championship, but BB owns the AFC East, and I'd be surprised if any of those teams took it from him this season.

Petrified

haha tough guy.  I think people are trying to extrapolate that I think the Colts SHOULD be scared.  Maybe I "mis-titled" (new word?) my thread...

If anything, the pats should be scared of the Colts.  Especially after our 1st round pick.  Colts 56-pats 7.  Does that sound better?

JK, I think it will be a close game, more like 45-42. Colts win with a last-second FG.  "I ain't neva scerred" haha

if they try to intentionally hurt our players and we find out, the pats will be royally screwed. 

Goes without saying, look at the penalties for "Bounty-gate".

I'm talking about the matchup on Oct 18th.  Ticket prices are going to sky-rocket, and the NFL couldn't be happier.

Did they plan this? No, the pats forced their hand, but the NFL handled this pretty darn well, IMO... Premiere matchup, with side-story, acheived...

You all worry too much. Every team gives the SB champs their best game, every single team. And NE has an extra target now too on them.

Also, you all let Brady get in your head too much too. Why the heck should I be worried that pretty boy is going to be out for blood when HE IS THE GUILTY ONE. I am sick of hearing the Pats all these years having this major revenge crap when they are the ones who bring this on themselves to begin with. Hey if they want people to stop calling them cheaters and saying all this crap about them and wah wah wah.....THEN DON'T CHEAT. Don't break the rules. Easy, problem solved.

If anyone should be out for blood at home with the whole country watching it's THE COLTS. We along with other contending teams in the AFC are the ones who have been repeatedly screwed by the Patriots franchise.

Preach Sister!

:worthy: :worthy:

:scoregood:

Are you suggesting that Brady normally gives less than 100%?  Assuming that's not true, getting in Brady's head over his cheating can only help the Colts.  I think this is fantastic scheduling by the league - part of me wonders if the four game ban was in the back of the league's mind when they set the schedule.  Viewership will be sky high when the Colts thump them this year!  I can't wait!

Brady will appeal and he'll serve two games

Yeah, my thinking too. Chance the whole things gets over turned too IMO given they have no proof on him whatsoever related to the AFCCG.

One other thing not mentioned here is the Pats have the bye in week 4 then play Dallas and then Colts. They are usually a markedly better team after the bye the rest of the season.

Bring it on! It's going to be a little harder for them to "run all over the Colts D" and not fumble this time around due to having to play with properly inflated balls. I can't wait to hear the "CHEATER.....CHEATER......CHEATER...." Chants that will be coming from the crowd anytime the *'s offense steps onto the field!!!!!

Brady will appeal and he'll serve two games

I want to understand why an appeal will reduce the sentence?  I see it as 1 for participation in the deflation act.  another one for misrepresenting to the public (speech), a 3rd for misrepresenting to the league, and the fourth for obstruction/refusal to fully cooperate.  Looking at it another way, 4 game suspension for gaining a competitive advantage via a method listed as illegal in the rule book, same length suspension as taking a PED for a competitive advantage.

Now if you are relying on results of recent cases, those days are over.  NFL hired U.S. Judge Barbara Jones to hear Ray Rice appeal.  Judge Jones 'forced' Roger Goodell to testify at the hearing against strenuous objection.  That was likely the last straw with that experiment.  Enter Harold Henderson, a long-time NFL Executive and current legal consultant. Goodell handed off Adrian Peterson appeal to him- No reduction in suspension.

Now Goodell appointed Henderson to review Greg Hardy's appeal, and Hardy's camp insn't optimistic at potential outcomes. Henderson was also the one that upheld Josh Gordon's full season suspension.  And Henderson will mot apparently handle Tom Brady's appeal following the Hardy ruling.

Henderson has already proven he is not one to reduce a sentence 'just because'. If 4 games is fitting, Henderson will uphold it.  If it is not, he will explain in detail why not.  Unless Brady is much more forthcoming in his appeal, I don't see Henderson findin grounds to reduce the suspension.

And I expect that Irsay and the Coaching staff will demand and have the Colts ready for the game with the Pats, most certainly.

Yeah, I don't know about the appeal.  It's not like the league office gave him four games without thought and an appeal that said, "You sure about that?" would make them change their minds.  It seems to me (though I'm no expert) that the only way to reduce the suspension is for the players' union to strongly back Brady and insist on an independent arbitrator.  I think it's gone a similar route in the past and punishments were reduced.  I don't think that a third party becomes involved unless there are special circumstances that involve the union...  Anyone know how correct I am about that?

You all worry too much. Every team gives the SB champs their best game, every single team. And NE has an extra target now too on them.

Also, you all let Brady get in your head too much too. Why the heck should I be worried that pretty boy is going to be out for blood when HE IS THE GUILTY ONE. I am sick of hearing the Pats all these years having this major revenge crap when they are the ones who bring this on themselves to begin with. Hey if they want people to stop calling them cheaters and saying all this crap about them and wah wah wah.....THEN DON'T CHEAT. Don't break the rules. Easy, problem solved.

If anyone should be out for blood at home with the whole country watching it's THE COLTS. We along with other contending teams in the AFC are the ones who have been repeatedly screwed by the Patriots franchise.

Preach.gif

I believe Chuck is 17-14 (counting Arians wins) outside of our division.  With about half of those 17 wins coming against "Slouches".

So ...