Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

All kinds of text messages from the named Pats ball handlers suggesting that Brady was dissatisfied with the balls and was particular about the way he wanted them. One of the guys calls himself "the deflator." They say they want some gifts from Brady.

Oh boy. 

Indeed,

"McNally, who at one point referred to himself as "the deflator" in the text exchanges, apparently agreed to release air from the footballs at Brady's request and did so in exchange for autographed footballs and jerseys, according to the report.

"I have a big needle for u this week," Jastremski allegedly texted McNally on Oct. 24, one day after a game against the Chicago Bears.

"Better be surrounded by cash and newkicks...or its a rugby Sunday," McNally allegedly replied."

Yowza!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In particular, we do not believe there was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots ownership, Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick or any other Patriots coach in the matters investigated.

I find that a little hard to believe.  Someone who is in charge of so many things like Belichick is didn't know this was going on?  I don't know about that

And here is the quote from Kraft,  taken from the story on ESPN.com.....

"While I respect the independent process of the investigation, the time, effort and resources expended to reach this conclusion are incomprehensible to me," Patriots CEO Robert Kraft said.  "Knowing that there is no real recourse available, fighting the league and extending this debate would prove to be futile.  We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league."

And here is the quote from Kraft,  taken from the story on ESPN.com.....

"While I respect the independent process of the investigation, the time, effort and resources expended to reach this conclusion are incomprehensible to me," Patriots CEO Robert Kraft said.  "Knowing that there is no real recourse available, fighting the league and extending this debate would prove to be futile.  We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league."

Never one to admit it, he should be forced to sell.

Edited by 21isSuperman
please don't call out other members

Kraft said he looked forward to an apology from the league for all this

I thought Kraft's comment was the low-point of all of this.......    but to call out the NFL for doing what it had no choice but to do was a bad, bad thing,  especially for an owner.....

I was highly unimpressed by him at that moment,  and I've been a long-time admirer of his.....

I disagree, if they have no evidence that anyone outside these locker room attendants and a player knew about it, then it's hard to do anything.

Only thing they could do is try to suspend Brady.

And I doubt they would do that for very long.

Lack of control of your subordinates is punished every day world wide

"Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome. To say we are disappointed in its findings, which do not include any incontrovertible or hard evidence of deliberate deflation of footballs at the AFC Championship Game, would be a gross understatement," Kraft wrote.

He sounds like Drew Brees trying to deny the bounty stuff even after there was so much saying it happened....

I disagree, if they have no evidence that anyone outside these locker room attendants and a player knew about it, then it's hard to do anything.

Only thing they could do is try to suspend Brady.

And I doubt they would do that for very long.  

Fines?    Draft picks?

That's punishment to me as I think it further stains the Patriots reputation....

Where are all the NE Cheaters fans now??  

They all owe Bob Kravitz a colossal apology. 

What is completely pathetic is that this info wasn't released until after the draft. 

Falcons get fined $350k and stripped a 5th round pick for pumping in artificial noise.

Browns get fined $250k and GM gets suspended for a month for text gate. 

NE Cheaters need taught a lesson. This is not the first time they've gotten caught cheating!!! 

Their SB win has a stain on the trophy and a huge asterisk. Pathetic. 

Posted Today, 12:38 PM

PrincetonTiger, on 06 May 2015 - 1:33 PM, said:snapback.png

Kraft is bad mouthing the info

"We look forward to an apology from the league"

NFL- Mr. Kraft, we're sorry....  that we find two of your employees in violation of league rules.  We are sorry.... that we will soon be in contact about the punishment that will be administered for these violations.  Again we are sorry... that you did not adhere to the rules.

More from Kraft....   and to me,  this quote is MUCH WORSE than the first one I posted....

"Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome.  To say we are disappointed in its findings, which do not include any incontrovertible or hard evidence of deliberate deflation of footballs at the AFC Championship Game, would be a gross understatement," Kraft wrote.

The report came to the conclusion regarding the balls used in the AFCCG.  I'd be interested in seeing if they went back to see how long this had been going on

Well one text message found was after the Oct 17, 2014 game with the Jets.

The report came to the conclusion regarding the balls used in the AFCCG.  I'd be interested in seeing if they went back to see how long this had been going on

The report suggests the two attendants had been having discussions about this since before the season. There is no evidence regarding the balls from any game other than the AFCCG.

Happens all the time?     I don't think so...

Professional sports leagues don't do this.....     and I've noticed that NFL.com has not reported this story at all...

Which may mean that ESPN has the breaking news based on a leak...   and the NFL is caught off guard and not prepared.

It's on the front page of NFL.com right now.

In reaching the conclusions set forth in this Report, we are mindful that the

analyses performed by our scientific consultants necessarily rely on reasoned assumptions and

that varying the applicable assumptions can have a material impact on the ultimate conclusions.

We therefore have been careful not to give undue weight to the experimental results and have

instead relied on the totality of the evidence developed during the investigation. Even putting

aside the experimental results, we believe that our conclusions are supported by the evidence in

its entirety.

Totality of evidence...

Well from some of the texts surfacing the jets in 2014 and do not remember when they played the bears

What a piece of **** organization. It is clear they are willing to go to any lengths to win whether it be cheating or signing guys with questionable or criminal backgrounds. What little respect I had for them is gone. This should absolutely tarnish Brady's legacy. How many times do they have to be caught before the NFL comes down hard? With Goodell it will probably be another slap on the wrist unfortunately.

Based on the evidence, we also have concluded that it is more probable than not that

Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and

Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls.

Really Patriots cheating  "  as long as they got a Superbowl win its all good in New England "  .

The Cheater moniker is gonna follow this team thru history & whether the coach new or not about this incident it has been going on in one form or another since Belicheck became the HC of the Patriots according to Roger Goodell .

I understand score wise it was bad but if from the first play a game is slanted in one teams favor by violating the rules how can that win not be forfeited ?

It's on the front page of NFL.com right now.

Yup....   more than a half-hour AFTER espn broke it....   

How does THAT happen?!?    

NFL.com is the NFL's information arm.    They should've had this story FIRST!!

Props to ESPN for breaking this....    The NFL looks silly.....    ah-gain.

How does THAT happen?!?    

I really think you're making too big a deal out of it.  NFL.com put it on their site anyway and it was an independent investigation.

How does THAT happen?!?    

I don't see why this is such a big deal. 

@SeifertESPN: Ryan Grigson email to NFL day before AFCCG: "well known" around NFL that Patriots "let out some air" from balls to help Brady.

As much as we fault Grigson, the garbage him, Irsay, and Chuck had to take from brainwashed Patriot fans all the way up to *s like Schefter and Florio spreading false rumors trying to make it seem like there are rifts between our team that don't exist. I am so happy we got to be the team to destroy his reputation. You don't cheat against us and get away with it. Could care less about the NFL's punishment, this is punishment enough.

ONE is the perfect message for this year. Glad to see our organization do so well while facing all the backlash. It's just a shame Reggie's last game with us wasn't legitimate.

How does THAT happen?!?    

NFL.com is almost always behind ESPN in regards to putting up breaking news. ESPN probably has a larger internet staff.