Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

im starting to think media and fans just like to complain

CR91

media people I feel talk out of their behind more often then not, never do their homework, and go with what whatever the popular problem is for teams without forming a conclusion themselves. fans no matter what a team does, will complain because if its not one thing its the other

everyone wants to talk about taking a wr in the first round and ignore the fact that we went 4 defensive players straight and 5 in total. you hear colts took a luxury pick. it was not a luxury pick if you really think about it, its very smart. colts the last three seasons have taken a wr through FA and every single one was gone the next year so who knows how andre will pan out. moncrief (as much as I do like him) was basically invisible in the playoffs outside of the td vs the bengals. carter is basically is an unproven commodity in the nfl. teams focused their attention on stopping hilton because they knew our other options couldnt get open against them. dorsett will not allow teams to simply double cover hilton and ignore everyone else.

media go we didnt addresss the OL. the reason we didnt OL is because we already have our starters. no we drafted was gonna beat out AC mewhort holmes herremans and GC to start. how about for depth? we have harrison thornton reitz louis thomas and john. thats a lot of good depth. what about replacing GC next year? we can always draft a T next year or look at FA or watch and see how john develops, or move mewhort to tackle and have reitz or thomas start at guard. 

this draft can potentially be the best draft grigs has had because he found us core players for our defense and a play maker for luck outside of hilton. we need to stop complaining and look at things in hindsight before we start talking out of our behinds

If you really care about what media and fans have to say, here's some advice; get off the computer and go walk outside. Now spend several hours outside. Talk to people about things besides sports. It's not even August yet, so much better things to do right now besides non stop football. 

If you really care about what media and fans have to say, here's some advice; get off the computer and go walk outside. Now spend several hours outside. Talk to people about things besides sports. It's not even August yet, so much better things to do right now besides non stop football. 

If you don't want to see people talking about football, why would you come on a football forum?  That's literally the primary objective of the football forum

It's the offseason and the media and sports analysts have nothing better to do other than to talk opinions - whether it's a good opinion or negative, they are going to say it. They will continue to state their opinion about the Colts taking a WR in the 1st and it will probably always be negative. Let the haters hate, that's all you can do since we are just fans of the game. The NFL is so unpredictable and each week is a roller coaster of opinions. That will never change.

media people I feel talk out of their behind more often then not, never do their homework, and go with what whatever the popular problem is for teams without forming a conclusion themselves. fans no matter what a team does, will complain because if its not one thing its the other

everyone wants to talk about taking a wr in the first round and ignore the fact that we went 4 defensive players straight and 5 in total. you hear colts took a luxury pick. it was not a luxury pick if you really think about it, its very smart. colts the last three seasons have taken a wr through FA and every single one was gone the next year so who knows how andre will pan out. moncrief (as much as I do like him) was basically invisible in the playoffs outside of the td vs the bengals. carter is basically is an unproven commodity in the nfl. teams focused their attention on stopping hilton because they knew our other options couldnt get open against them. dorsett will not allow teams to simply double cover hilton and ignore everyone else.

media go we didnt addresss the OL. the reason we didnt OL is because we already have our starters. no we drafted was gonna beat out AC mewhort holmes herremans and GC to start. how about for depth? we have harrison thornton reitz louis thomas and john. thats a lot of good depth. what about replacing GC next year? we can always draft a T next year or look at FA or watch and see how john develops, or move mewhort to tackle and have reitz or thomas start at guard. 

this draft can potentially be the best draft grigs has had because he found us core players for our defense and a play maker for luck outside of hilton. we need to stop complaining and look at things in hindsight before we start talking out of our behinds

I agree that the media just looks to complain.  Rather, they just look to talk about things and usually try to have controversial opinions to they get more views.  But your post suggests we are a complete team and we are far from that.  Herremans is coming off an injury-riddled season.  Cherilus could be a June 1 cut.  As we all know, simply having the starters isn't going to be enough.  You need to have good depth.  Injuries and poor performances will happen.  And let's keep in mind that being critical of something isn't complaining about it.

I agree that the media just looks to complain.  Rather, they just look to talk about things and usually try to have controversial opinions to they get more views.  But your post suggests we are a complete team and we are far from that.  Herremans is coming off an injury-riddled season.  Cherilus could be a June 1 cut.  As we all know, simply having the starters isn't going to be enough.  You need to have good depth.  Injuries and poor performances will happen.  And let's keep in mind that being critical of something isn't complaining about it.

I doubt GC gets cut unless the colts do plan to move mewhort to tackle and thomas to guard or have reitz start at tackle. herremans did have a down year sure, but hes also been a very consistent guard throughout his career when healthy 

then why are you here? Also, there are these things called smart phones. You can be both outside and online at the same time. Crazy stuff I know

then why are you here? Also, there are these things called smart phones. You can be both outside and online at the same time. Crazy stuff I know

wooah there young fella...are you tryin to tell me I can get to the interwebz from my phone??? :O

you hear colts took a luxury pick.

You don't hear that the Jets took a luxury pick with Leonard Williams. The same pundits liked that picked that didn't like the Dorsett pick. The worst part is, they include OL in for a position we should have addressed. Do they not know we got Herremans and Heenan before the draft? It's also possible Thomas and Cherilus come back healthy. With the younger guys on the roster who haven't fully developed we'd probably have to cut one of them before realizing what we actually have if we drafted an OL in the first.

media go we didnt addresss the OL. the reason we didnt OL is because we already have our starters. no we drafted was gonna beat out AC mewhort holmes herremans and GC to start. how about for depth? we have harrison thornton reitz louis thomas and john. thats a lot of good depth. what about replacing GC next year? we can always draft a T next year or look at FA or watch and see how john develops, or move mewhort to tackle and have reitz or thomas start at guard

So Herremans turns an sub average OL into an acceptable one?  That's all we have done there!  Granted Cherilus was injured, but that doesn't necessarilly mean he will be good next season either.  I think they will be a little better next season, but not to my satisfaction.  You said we can replace GC next year during the draft, but don't you think we could replace TY or AJ next year via FA or draft *IF* they weren't here then?  Ulrick John was like a 7th rounder just like we drafted one this year.  I have very little expectations for people like that.  I mean honestly how many 7th rounders make a name for themselves.  They are a diamond in the rough when they do. 

Dorsett WAS a luxury pick.  I understand things happen like the last few years, but the Colts DIDN"T have to cut Rogers, they didn't really NEED him, so they could afford to cut him.  Nicks wasn't REALLY a bust, he just wasn't ever given a great opportunity.  He started out with reps but didn't have good chemistry with Luck, therefore Luck looked elsewhere.  Then he started getting snaps taken from him because an emerging Moncrief.  Nobody wants to give him credit for what he did late in the year tho.  Once again, you can't expect a 4th WR and 6-7th option in an offense to have much more than 400-500 yards, in which he did!  The real problem is the coaching staff is trying to build this prolific offense, with the mindframe of more talent the better.  I agree to some degree, but if we had so many good WR's that TY was our 5th option, I wouldn't expect him to have 1000+ yards and 10 TD's, that's just insanity!  So it was on the Colts staff shot themselves in the foot with the situation.

IMO, everything will be fine, but if our backs are getting running lanes, or Luck is getting sacked, or our S gets burned, or we cant tackle a running back, then there is a BIG problem.  Grigson likes to say we like the guys we have, and that's fine, but if they're not performing, then is it really okay for them to like the guys they have?  Ive heard that for 2 years now, and has anything really been done about it?  All of those issues are more important then getting Luck another weapon...

The media are going to down talk this move as if it was one of the worst picks in the draft because they know we have defensive need. We passed on what we thought were good players for what Grigs thought was a great player. Even the media acknowledges that Grigson picked BPA other than Brown to them, but that is not the right method for them. They expect us to fill needs and only needs whether we have to sacrifice in talent or not. I am going to find it funny when Dorsett turns out to have a solid season this year and the media completely back pedal on what they said and start claiming that Grigs was a genius for drafting Dorsett and passing on defense early on. That however will go back to negatives if we lose to NE especially if they run all over us. The media is such a bi-polar market, pick things up while they are hot and put things down when they are cold. Just part of sports though if you don't like what they are saying then pick a different channel.

So Herremans turns an sub average OL into an acceptable one?  That's all we have done there!  Granted Cherilus was injured, but that doesn't necessarilly mean he will be good next season either.  I think they will be a little better next season, but not to my satisfaction.  You said we can replace GC next year during the draft, but don't you think we could replace TY or AJ next year via FA or draft *IF* they weren't here then?  Ulrick John was like a 7th rounder just like we drafted one this year.  I have very little expectations for people like that.  I mean honestly how many 7th rounders make a name for themselves.  They are a diamond in the rough when they do. 

Dorsett WAS a luxury pick.  I understand things happen like the last few years, but the Colts DIDN"T have to cut Rogers, they didn't really NEED him, so they could afford to cut him.  Nicks wasn't REALLY a bust, he just wasn't ever given a great opportunity.  He started out with reps but didn't have good chemistry with Luck, therefore Luck looked elsewhere.  Then he started getting snaps taken from him because an emerging Moncrief.  Nobody wants to give him credit for what he did late in the year tho.  Once again, you can't expect a 4th WR and 6-7th option in an offense to have much more than 400-500 yards, in which he did!  The real problem is the coaching staff is trying to build this prolific offense, with the mindframe of more talent the better.  I agree to some degree, but if we had so many good WR's that TY was our 5th option, I wouldn't expect him to have 1000+ yards and 10 TD's, that's just insanity!  So it was on the Colts staff shot themselves in the foot with the situation.

IMO, everything will be fine, but if our backs are getting running lanes, or Luck is getting sacked, or our S gets burned, or we cant tackle a running back, then there is a BIG problem.  Grigson likes to say we like the guys we have, and that's fine, but if they're not performing, then is it really okay for them to like the guys they have?  Ive heard that for 2 years now, and has anything really been done about it?  All of those issues are more important then getting Luck another weapon...

you do realize the broncos didnt sack luck once in the playoffs with louis and reitz starting right? with herremans and GC, we're gonna have the best line we've had in years. 

nicks had a chance to show he deserves reps vs the steelers and cowboys and didnt show up. one or two good catches in the playoffs doesnt remove the fact that nicks was a bust here. 

Problem is our O line can't stay healthy! O line has a lot to do with chemistry! So when people are continuously going out, it affects the performance as a whole! Reason why our left side was so dominant is because we had consistent starters in castonzo and mewhort. Imagine if the other 3 positions were to be stable without injuries! Considering lucks ability to maneuver in the pocket, it'd be almost unbeatable.

Now I understand injuries are part of the game. And if the football gods can be on our side and limit the injury to just 1 linemen, we'd still be pretty solid considering the amount of depth

You guys make it seem like everyone is just supposed to agree and understand everything that happens.

There's nothing wrong with people not liking the Colts first round draft pick. Dissention creates conversation which is healthy.

You guys make it seem like everyone is just supposed to agree and understand everything that happens.

There's nothing wrong with people not liking the Colts first round draft pick. Dissention creates conversation which is healthy.

disagreeing with a pick is one thing.  already calling it a wasted pick and calling for Grigson's firing is another thing entirely.  That's the problem around here...so many people (not all, mind you) can't simply say "I didn't like the pick" or "I'd have rather gone with X position"...instead they have to take it to extremes and talk about how stupid and/or worthless Grigson is and what a waste of a pick it was etc etc

It only took 10,336 posts to figure that the media & fans like to complain ?  You did'nt even get a inkling ? Better late than never.

Yeah right, Mr. Man of the Future. You act like this is 2076

Everyone's idea about what is good for the Colts is slightly different.

Fans just express disappointment when results don't turn out the way they wanted.

No big deal...just fans being fans...and completely in their right to express their opinions.

Remember, everything posted here is the poster's OPINION, not facts...even though some posters write as though their ideas are absolute facts...and they are NOT, they are opinions, regardless of which self-anointed 'guru' is doing the writing.

Our offensive line was more average than sub average last year.

EHH, not really.  Luck was pressured ALOT, and our backs didn't have running lanes.  Hence, the reason why we continue to let our RB's stuffed in the backfield.  And no it wasn't just a Trent Richardson thing, it happened to Boom alot also.

EHH, not really.  Luck was pressured ALOT, and our backs didn't have running lanes.  Hence, the reason why we continue to let our RB's stuffed in the backfield.  And no it wasn't just a Trent Richardson thing, it happened to Boom alot also.

do you have any idea how many different o-lineman we had starting at different points of the season? went through three centers, and mewhort, thornton, and GC missed games

do you have any idea how many different o-lineman we had starting at different points of the season? went through three centers, and mewhort, thornton, and GC missed games

Other than the C position, the line was pretty much the same throughout the first half of the season.  I realize it does make a difference, but this is an ongoing problem.   It's year 4 of the new era, other than QB, I think the OL is most important to a franchise.  After those two, you beef up the defense. 

Look at what Super Bowl champions have in common.  Say NE, Pit, NYG, Bal, Sea, etc.  They all have a great defense (which is a whole other issue), a good QB, but a good OL that provides gaping holes for RB's and a clean pocket for the QB.  In other words, this problem is long overdue, and so is the defensive issues!

Other than the C position, the line was pretty much the same throughout the first half of the season.  I realize it does make a difference, but this is an ongoing problem.   It's year 4 of the new era, other than QB, I think the OL is most important to a franchise.  After those two, you beef up the defense. 

Look at what Super Bowl champions have in common.  Say NE, Pit, NYG, Bal, Sea, etc.  They all have a great defense (which is a whole other issue), a good QB, but a good OL that provides gaping holes for RB's and a clean pocket for the QB.  In other words, this problem is long overdue, and so is the defensive issues!

as I said before, this is potentially the best line we've had in a long time if everyone stays healthy 

steelers have never had a good o-line, the patriots defense was ranked in 13th overall not exactly one of the best, nyg defense was never one of the best during the season, just got hot in the playoffs. 

as I said before, this is potentially the best line we've had in a long time if everyone stays healthy 

steelers have never had a good o-line, the patriots defense was ranked in 13th overall not exactly one of the best, nyg defense was never one of the best during the season, just got hot in the playoffs. 

I was talking when these teams won SB's

Cherilus could be a June 1 cut. 

hes not going anywhere.  you could also say the same thing about WR as you did about depth on the lines.  we were an injury to ty or AJ away from struggling with the passing game, just like we did when reggie was out or playing hurt the past 2 years.

You're "starting" to think that? We're probably the only fan base in the league who wants to fire a GM who's made the playoffs all three years he's been on the job and who just went to the AFCCG.

there is nothing wrong with that. What drives me and I think others nuts is when people don't like something the team did and then try to sensationalize everything else to justify their orginal point. Case in point the people who kept saying drafting Dorsett proved how awful Grigson and Pagano are. Heck one person said the pick proved the front office just wanted to turn a profit and didn't care about winning games. If you don't like the pick that's fine. I can live with that and listen to an arguement as to why. However, when people start going over the top largely because they have an ax to grind for whatever reason it is a becomes a bit much.

Yeah, criticism is fine. Just make it legitimate and don't lose perspective.

One example I keep seeing is "Grigson can't pick first rounders!" Which is absurd. Prior to a week or so ago he'd made two first round picks one of which is the best player in the league and the other the jury is still out on.

Hmmmmm, what if the neighbors aren't out? I think it's supposed to rain later also, spending several hours outside by onself in the rain doesn't sound too fun. :(