Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Celiscar

BlueStallion

Celiscar can play CB or Safety.  He is solid in pass coverage, but not excellent.  Bill Polian compares him to Antoine Bethea in this highlight video from the NFLPA Bowl.

The kid can wrap-up tackle using good form when he wants to, but the way he likes to hit people at full speed reminds me of someone else.  Pay attention to #34 on the first and last plays in this video of his game vs. Purdue.  He actually knocked himself out on that last play.

In his highlights vs. Northwestern, his collision with the RB at 1:21 forces a fumble, and his closing speed on the QB at 2:00 - 2:05 looks eerily familiar.

Where have we seen these reckless, high speed collisions before?

I think he makes at least the practice squad. I like the kid I had us taking him in the 7th in a mock but making the 53 man is going to be a tough task this year. There are going to be some players cut as the roster gets stronger.

I am  glad to see we brought him in. I think he will move to S. For a position we were lacking players at we sure seem to have some options now. I expect Lowery to start and surprise. Back end looking better and better

I think he is a solid developmental guy. Probably a guy to come in and replace Price on the practice squad as Price hasn't shown much to justify him staying on the team IMO. Might actually not be a bad idea to convert him to a safety either if he played downhill like that at a full head of steam in the NFL though he would look like Landry and just fly by players without even touching them. He needs to slow things down and break down and form tackle.

I think he is a solid developmental guy. Probably a guy to come in and replace Price on the practice squad as Price hasn't shown much to justify him staying on the team IMO. Might actually not be a bad idea to convert him to a safety either if he played downhill like that at a full head of steam in the NFL though he would look like Landry and just fly by players without even touching them. He needs to slow things down and break down and form tackle.

Sheldon Price was actually my favorite UDFA 2 years ago i think he will improve in training camp and hopefully grab that #5 CB spot behind D'Joun Smith i've seen a lot of posters down on him while he's been here but i think the kid improved last year greatly from his rookie year where he did get beat up in pass protection but i think people will be surprised by him in training camp.

Sheldon Price was actually my favorite UDFA 2 years ago i think he will improve in training camp and hopefully grab that #5 CB spot behind D'Joun Smith i've seen a lot of posters down on him while he's been here but i think the kid improved last year greatly from his rookie year where he did get beat up in pass protection but i think people will be surprised by him in training camp.

Hey who knows? He has as good a shot as any for the #5 spot. I just think that Celiscar is brought in to fill that spot if Price struggles anymore.

We'll probably carry 5 CBs, right?

Barring injury, Davis, Toler, Butler, Smith and...

a battle between Price and Celiscar.  Unless you guys think Carr is in the mix.

The rest are real dark horses.

Jalil Brown has a shot IMO.

I'd really like to see Price make it and Celiscar to the PS maybe making the move to S.

Price the size and speed you look for.  6'2 and ran a 4.4 forty. He has added weight. He was up around 200lbs last year. I would like to think after 2 yrs on the PS he could contribute. .

Jalil Brown has a shot IMO.

I'd really like to see Price make it and Celiscar to the PS maybe making the move to S.

Price the size and speed you look for.  6'2 and ran a 4.4 forty. He has added weight. He was up around 200lbs last year. I would like to think after 2 yrs on the PS he could contribute. .

My bad, I totally forgot about Brown.  You're correct, at this point he's in the fourth spot based on experience.  

We expect Smith to make the team so it's up to Price and Celiscar to beat out Brown.  I also like Price's size but I'm not sold on his play yet.  

We'll probably carry 5 CBs, right?

Barring injury, Davis, Toler, Butler, Smith and...

a battle between Price and Celiscar.  Unless you guys think Carr is in the mix.

The rest are real dark horses.

He could also be a safety as well.

He could also be a safety as well.

I confess to not seeing him play in college except in the highlights.  His 40 time was underwhelming, so cover safety may be his destiny anyway.  He seems to be a pretty sure tackler.

I wish him luck, but it's a numbers game, even for safety.