Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think colts take a different approach when it comes to interviewing..

bap1331

How often do we see colts players leave because of money? Im sure that every player that left the colts (except trich) at one point said they hoped to stay with the team. Grigson wants the team to stick together and I think that is what he saw in the draft. Not leave after 4-5 years like suh did...or half of the new england patriots.

Obviously not only the interview but what is best available. They couldve gotten one of the top dt's or safetys but would he fit into the system? Did he show a passion for the game or the money?

Dorsett sent a cover letter to all the teams on his work and dedication. He was the happiest player I saw getting drafted (imagine for the fact that we already have tons of talent and not much needed at the position)

What do you think his reasoning was? Just my 2 cents...

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here.  If you're saying Colts players don't leave in free agency because they want big money, just wait until we start hitting the 2012 expiring contracts.  Luck is guaranteed to get a massive deal.  Hilton will get big money.  Fleener and Allen will want big money.  If Mewhort continues to develop and play well, he'll want decent money.  We will have to pay Castonzo big money.  If Newsome continues to play well, he'll want big money.  These guys are NFL players and they want to get paid.  It's a business.  If we pay Hilton, Luck, and Castonzo big money, then ask Fleener and Allen to take significantly lower deals, I don't think they'll accept.  Your NFL career can literally end in one play, so these guys want to get as much money as they can.  The reason we haven't seen the Colts lose a lot of big name free agents is because we haven't had a lot of big name free agents, in my opinion

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. If you're saying Colts players don't leave in free agency because they want big money, just wait until we start hitting the 2012 expiring contracts. Luck is guaranteed to get a massive deal. Hilton will get big money. Fleener and Allen will want big money. If Mewhort continues to develop and play well, he'll want decent money. We will have to pay Castonzo big money. If Newsome continues to play well, he'll want big money. These guys are NFL players and they want to get paid. It's a business. If we pay Hilton, Luck, and Castonzo big money, then ask Fleener and Allen to take significantly lower deals, I don't think they'll accept. Your NFL career can literally end in one play, so these guys want to get as much money as they can. The reason we haven't seen the Colts lose a lot of big name free agents is because we haven't had a lot of big name free agents, in my opinion

Lets be honest, fleener wouldnt mind taking a decent contract to continue with his stanford teammates and dwayne has been injured his whole career so he knows that he cant expect a big contract either. Would ty leave such a great team for more money. Not sold on that either. But if we draft someone who fits his position, he would not be happy at that, then I would understand.

I dont see luck leaving either just in general. We never know but we do know that revis or suh will leave at anytime in a heartbeat to get a 100 million dollar contract, its their lifestyle but I dont see the colts players doing that.

Revis said it with the buccaners, "I prefer money over championships." his patriots stint was to tease the jets. Why? Because it was only for 1 year. Hes still only 28 and one year contracts are for old veterans.

Lets be honest, fleener wouldnt mind taking a decent contract to continue with his stanford teammates and dwayne has been injured his whole career so he knows that he cant expect a big contract either. Would ty leave such a great team for more money. Not sold on that either. But if we draft someone who fits his position, he would not be happy at that, then I would understand.

I dont see luck leaving either just in general. We never know but we do know that revis or suh will leave at anytime in a heartbeat to get a 100 million dollar contract, its their lifestyle but I dont see the colts players doing that.

Revis said it with the buccaners, "I prefer money over championships." his patriots stint was to tease the jets. Why? Because it was only for 1 year. Hes still only 28 and one year contracts are for old veterans.

let's be honest.  you're gloriously delusional.

Luck is obviously the Colts franchise so he will be here along time baring injury. I have a feeling as much as we would and even TY would like, I could see someone offering a contract that he can't pass up and we couldn't match. Maybe not next season but I doubt he will be here his entire career.

Luck is obviously the Colts franchise so he will be here along time baring injury. I have a feeling as much as we would and even TY would like, I could see someone offering a contract that he can't pass up and we couldn't match. Maybe not next season but I doubt he will be here his entire career.

Luck is staying, for probably the biggest QB contract. The rest of the guys all will have shorter careers and will get as much as they can. It's a business, period.

Usually guys will only give a hometown discount on their second contract.

Dear God...

I don't think you realize just how much of it is a business.  While guys like Fleener and Luck are great character guys and team-first guys, they (more specifically, their agents) will be trying to get every single dollar they can.  Don't bank on anyone giving a team a hometown discount just because they seem like nice guys.  It's a business (and a pretty relentless one at that).

TY said he doesn't care about money.... He also said that's up to his agent and the colts.

TY said he isnt worrying about the money, which isnt the same thing as "I dont want money." Everyone cares about the money, more specifically... Drew Rosenhaus, his agent, cares a great deal about money.

Just a thought....the front office really wants players of high moral fiber, loyalty, team spirit, etc.

The Colts also regularly jettison the players who have exhibited high moral fiber, loyalty, team spirit, etc.

At some point the players realize the Colts (or pretty much any other team) don't really care about them and it's basically just talk.....aka "business". So unless the players really, really, really like a city they have no reason for staying. 

TY really has no vested interest in Indy and he has seen what they did to Reggie and Cory. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he moved on to another team if the money was there.

Y4Ee5gA.gif

TY said he doesn't care about money.... He also said that's up to his agent and the colts.

TY said he isnt worrying about the money, which isnt the same thing as "I dont want money." Everyone cares about the money, more specifically... Drew Rosenhaus, his agent, cares a great deal about money.

And clearly TY does care about money, or he wouldn't have gone and hired Drew Rosenhaus right before he enters his contract year....

Every time i read something about TY recently I become more and more sure that he isn't going to be sticking around next year unless we seriously pay the man, and with all of the other contracts that will need to be sorted out next year, I cant see that happening...

Best enjoy TY while you can this year guys, because I really dont think he's a Colt starting 2016/2017 season...