Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many 2007 colts players are left from the sb?

bap1331

It was the 2006 season, but you are correct.  Only Mathis and Vinatieri are left.  As a point of reference, though, the 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers team has only Big Ben, Heath Miller, and James Harrison remaining.

I believe there are only 4 players left from the 2011 team.

Castanzo,  Vinatieri,  McAfee, and  Mathis.

The roster has been almost completely turned over in just four years....

Add Reitz to that and, I believe, you nailed the complete list.  I think this is a tribute to how good a job Grigs has done.

Add Reitz to that and, I believe, you nailed the complete list.  I think this is a tribute to how good a job Grigs has done.

Thanks,  you are very much correct!

It's 5.     I didn't realize Reitz was a Polian find and not a Grigson find.

Thanks,  you are very much correct!

It's 5.     I didn't realize Reitz was a Polian find and not a Grigson find.

That said, Reitz has been mainly a back-up or injured.  Mathis missed all of last year.  Vinny and Pat are P/K. Costanzo has been solid and consistent for us.

Last year, our team was 3.5 players from the Polian era and 2 of them were special teamers.  I know P/K and STs are very important, and we are lucky Polian left us with two of the best legs in the game, but it just amazes me how terrible our team was when Grigs took over and how drastically he has been able to change pretty much the entire roster and generate success.

It was the 2006 season, but you are correct. Only Mathis and Vinatieri are left. As a point of reference, though, the 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers team has only Big Ben, Heath Miller, and James Harrison remaining.

Lol yea but the super bowl was in 07 so I said that lol.