Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

List of collins visits

12isthenew18

Most of those teams already took at least one tackle though. We didn't. That could be a selling point.

Agreed and we might have a big need for one in the near future depending on our Cherilus comes back. That might be a selling point as well that he might be starting for us this year as well. Plus it doesn't hurt that we are a playoff team that will give him a good chance at a ring as well. Who knows he basically gets to choose where he wants to go because it isn't like we can offer any more money than what anyone else is willing to give up based on the new CBA.

Most of those teams already took at least one tackle though. We didn't. That could be a selling point.

Yeah we did. We took Goode from Mars Hill.

Grigson once again takes a 7th round tackle that probably won't even make the team.

do you have any clue what percentage of seventh round guys get cut?

857 players were drafted in the 6th and 7th rounds between '99-'08. A surprisingly high 73% (625) started at least one game in the NFL. 22% (190) were starters for at least one season. 2% (17) eventually earned a Pro Bowl nomination. Best info I could find with a quick search

That being said I don't see Collins coming to Indy he will stay down south if he clears his name IMO. He is a Baton Rouge kid who went to LSU I could see New Orleans being a destination. Miami is sending former teammates to recruit him. Tampa Bay and Winston are recruiting. Cowboys are gearing up.

do you have any clue what percentage of seventh round guys get cut?

I'm pretty sure you took that the wrong way.... It was meant to complain about not taking any tackles until the 7th round.

Not complaining that the guys he takes I'm the 7th not making the team.

I bet he don't look at Collins either

You might be right as well, but with Grigs bringing Collins in on a visit before this popped up showed he was interested at one time or another. I think if the outcome is favorable for Collins in this investigation then I could see Grigs going after him. Collins would be a huge steal and it would be a way of upgrading our T position on a budget.

Yeah we did. We took Goode from Mars Hill.

Grigson once again takes a 7th round tackle that probably won't even make the team.

I doubt that even makes a difference to Grigs. If he could get Collins in here for UDFA money and he is found completely innocent I think Grigs would definitely give it a shot to sign him. As I said in a previous post I think Indy offers a lot of pluses for Collins as we have a lot of questions with our T position right now.

Carolina - 4th Round Daryl Williams

Baltimore - Didnt draft a T

Buffalo - Didnt draft a T

Eagles - Didnt draft a T

Vikings - 4th Round T.J Clemmings

Bucs - 2nd Round Donovan Smith

Arizona - 1st round D.J Humphries

Rams - 2nd round Rob Havenstein; 3rd round Jamon Brown; 4th round Andrew Donnal

Dolphins - Didnt draft a T

Lions - 7th round Corey Robinson

Alot of these teams also drafted G's but im not sure if they can transition to the T spot, let alone start day 1. 

there looks to be at least 4 teams that could be a landing spot for Collins including us. its unlikely he'll pick a team who drafted a T high in the draft or a G that can switch to T high in the draft. 

His agent says he has not made any visits despite the reports.....

Officially, they can't!  NFL rules-

"“Clubs are prohibited from visiting a player who was eligible for the 2015 Draft at his campus or residence if the player has withdrawn from school and final exams have yet to conclude at the school,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told PFT via email. “This includes drafted players, any undrafted players that have signed as free agents, and any undrafted players that have yet to sign.”

OTOH, it was a funny coincidence Rex Ryan just happened to be in Baton Rouge, so he decided to call and set up a meeting.  Dolphins are planning (unofficially, of course) to send Philbin and 3 former LSU teammates (Jarvis Landry, Anthony Johnson and Kelvin Sheppard) to recruit him.

While the unofficial dance has begun, Baton Rouge Police have stated they want to talk to La'El again at some point.  He wasn't cleared.  And no suspect named at this time.  And they won't, not until they get close to an arrest.  That way they don't tip of the suspect, nor send them into hiding. And, it is  not unheard of to say someone is cooperating in the investigation, and then at a later time arrest that cooperating person.  So there's isn't a green light 'to go get him before someone else does' yet.  On two fronts.