Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dorsetts ready to work

Everyone

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a good kid. I feel bad for him. I mean he worked hard and gets drafted, fulfilling his pro dreams and then gets a uncalled for, massive backlash from the fans and media and rumors that his new teammates don't want him or are upset with the picking of him.  

I wasn't for this pick, but you know, Im pulling for this guy. I seriously hope he comes out balling and shuts these people up.

Seems like a good kid. I feel bad for him. I mean he worked hard and gets drafted, fulfilling his pro dreams and then gets a uncalled for, massive backlash from the fans and media and rumors that his new teammates don't want him or are upset with the picking of him.  

I wasn't for this pick, but you know, Im pulling for this guy. I seriously hope he comes out balling and shuts these people up.

He will.

I will be glad when the haters on here just allow the kid to play and only judge after seeing the finished product

You must understand. . . very few people think he'll be a bad player.  Our issue with the pick is that he's not going to see the field much in the near future barring injury.  

He's not going to pass up TY or Andre Johnson on the depth chart this year.  He's going to have a hard time passing Moncrief because Moncrief has a year on him which is huge.  

So essentially you are spending a first round pick on a man who's going to be #4 on our WR depth chart for about 2 years.  That's bad when you consider that because we have both Fleener and Allen we use our TE's heavy so our #3 WR doesn't get as much playing time as he would on another team.

Guy may be a great player but presuming we re-sign TY it's going to be a couple years before he gets on the field a lot.  (Barring injury)

While a lot of other picks at other positions could have started right away.  You could have gone OL and started right away at RG and maybe a guy who can transition to RT.  You could have gone DL and started right away there.  Safety and started right away there.  CB and started in a year.  (Toler's contract is about to run out).  RB and rotated heavily with Gore for a year or 2 before being the top guy.  (I say that and I'm generally opposed to RB's in the first round.)

But with this guy you can only fit 11 total guys on the field.  5 are OL, 1 is your QB, and then the remaining 5 can vary between TE, WR, and RB.  Usually you have at least one TE on the field and an RB, especially if one of those TE's is your team's #3 leading receiver.  

I'd take that tweet as more of a daily self-reminder.  Between signing a multi-million dollar rookie contract, ridiculous media distractions, etc.  a message like that is like putting your mantra on the ceiling above your bed.  Put it out there because now you can't take it back.  Makes for positive reinforcement and shows young wisdom if this was indeed the intention.    

You must understand. . . very few people think he'll be a bad player. Our issue with the pick is that he's not going to see the field much in the near future barring injury.

He's not going to pass up TY or Andre Johnson on the depth chart this year. He's going to have a hard time passing Moncrief because Moncrief has a year on him which is huge.

So essentially you are spending a first round pick on a man who's going to be #4 on our WR depth chart for about 2 years. That's bad when you consider that because we have both Fleener and Allen we use our TE's heavy so our #3 WR doesn't get as much playing time as he would on another team.

Guy may be a great player but presuming we re-sign TY it's going to be a couple years before he gets on the field a lot. (Barring injury)

While a lot of other picks at other positions could have started right away. You could have gone OL and started right away at RG and maybe a guy who can transition to RT. You could have gone DL and started right away there. Safety and started right away there. CB and started in a year. (Toler's contract is about to run out). RB and rotated heavily with Gore for a year or 2 before being the top guy. (I say that and I'm generally opposed to RB's in the first round.)

But with this guy you can only fit 11 total guys on the field. 5 are OL, 1 is your QB, and then the remaining 5 can vary between TE, WR, and RB. Usually you have at least one TE on the field and an RB, especially if one of those TE's is your team's #3 leading receiver.

So we take someone who we don't think is very good to keep the know it all fans happy. Not a good strategy in my book.

I don't get it either.  Like it or not, he's on our team now.  Why keep ripping on him (or if you're his teammates, it's even worse).  The kid already comes in with a strike against him because you can bet, there are many out there that are just itching to say "I told you so."  Hopefully, he has a thick skin.

Folks.... Imagine the mismatches that he creates when he does come on the field.

Imagine how tired the DBs are going to be when chasing our two speedsters around

I think he will get plenty of rotations during the game.......

Give the guy a chance...... he is a game breaker...... he had a freshman QB throwing to him last year......

In my book, Anderson will be better than MANY of the late first and early second round picks.

(Watch his video)

We improved the defense (4of5 picks on defense)..... and drafted a play maker on offense as well

it will be ok......

We got better.........   (best Monty Python)

Quick though. If he was in the same draft as Tavon Austin, who would have got drafted first? From the film I believe Dorsett has more skills as a receiver and not just track speed .

Tavon. More athletic, probably just as fast, better YAC ability and production.

So we take someone who we don't think is very good to keep the know it all fans happy. Not a good strategy in my book.

It's ridiculous to think that sitting at pick 29 overall that Dorsett was the only good player available.

The Packers one of the best drafting teams in the league took a safety (a huge need for the colts) at 30.  Pats took DL at 32.

I think Grigson should be judged based on those guy's careers because they where obvious picks at positions of need.  If those guys bust then fine Grigs can stay.  If those guys are good players he should be fired.  

Should be fired anyways because if Dorsett is the only guy left you have a first round grade on and you def don't need a WR. . . TRADE DOWN! 

This straight BPA without considering if the pick makes sense is stupid.  Might as well draft a quarterback in the first round.  

As long as Phillip Dorsett stays healthy he will see the field plenty.

Have to worry about his knee a little bit though.

Yeah, but with the depth, at least at this point, he shouldnt be overworked so that will help

It's ridiculous to think that sitting at pick 29 overall that Dorsett was the only good player available.

The Packers one of the best drafting teams in the league took a safety (a huge need for the colts) at 30.  Pats took DL at 32.

I think Grigson should be judged based on those guy's careers because they where obvious picks at positions of need.  If those guys bust then fine Grigs can stay.  If those guys are good players he should be fired.  

Should be fired anyways because if Dorsett is the only guy left you have a first round grade on and you def don't need a WR. . . TRADE DOWN! 

All players don't fit every teams system. If Randall or Brown are studs for the Packers and the Pats, it doesn't mean they would've played great for the Colts.

The Packers one of the best drafting teams in the league took a safety (a huge need for the colts) at 30. Pats took DL at 32.

I think Grigson should be judged based on those guy's careers because they where obvious picks at positions of need. If those guys bust then fine Grigs can stay. If those guys are good players he should be fired.

This straight BPA without considering if the pick makes sense is stupid. Might as well draft a quarterback in the first round.

lmao

You must understand. . . very few people think he'll be a bad player.  Our issue with the pick is that he's not going to see the field much in the near future barring injury.  

He's not going to pass up TY or Andre Johnson on the depth chart this year.  He's going to have a hard time passing Moncrief because Moncrief has a year on him which is huge.  

So essentially you are spending a first round pick on a man who's going to be #4 on our WR depth chart for about 2 years.  That's bad when you consider that because we have both Fleener and Allen we use our TE's heavy so our #3 WR doesn't get as much playing time as he would on another team.

Guy may be a great player but presuming we re-sign TY it's going to be a couple years before he gets on the field a lot.  (Barring injury)

While a lot of other picks at other positions could have started right away.  You could have gone OL and started right away at RG and maybe a guy who can transition to RT.  You could have gone DL and started right away there.  Safety and started right away there.  CB and started in a year.  (Toler's contract is about to run out).  RB and rotated heavily with Gore for a year or 2 before being the top guy.  (I say that and I'm generally opposed to RB's in the first round.)

But with this guy you can only fit 11 total guys on the field.  5 are OL, 1 is your QB, and then the remaining 5 can vary between TE, WR, and RB.  Usually you have at least one TE on the field and an RB, especially if one of those TE's is your team's #3 leading receiver.  

I understand just fine but no a single game is won in April so I am just sick of all the negativity about this pick. Lets just wait until we unload vitriol

The Packers one of the best drafting teams in the league took a safety (a huge need for the colts) at 30. Pats took DL at 32.

I think Grigson should be judged based on those guy's careers because they where obvious picks at positions of need. If those guys bust then fine Grigs can stay. If those guys are good players he should be fired.

This straight BPA without considering if the pick makes sense is stupid. Might as well draft a quarterback in the first round.

We put up SEVEN points in the AFCCG. 7. Se7en.

Stick to your opinion, but please don't insult our intelligence by suggesting all is rosy with our Offense.

If Andrew Luck Jr. was sitting there at #29, wouldn't you take him? At least to flip him?

Damn Right!!!! Well said Valpo.

This straight BPA without considering if the pick makes sense is stupid.  Might as well draft a quarterback in the first round.  

Wow!  Really?  Fire the GM who has help lead the Colts to 3 straight seasons to an 11-5 record and has advanced in playoffs each year?  The Colts have had injuries that have hurt the Colts the last few years (Cherilus, Ballard, D. Allen, Mathis to name a few).  I dare say if some of those players were healthy, the Colts may (I said may) have gone further in the playoffs.  Imagine having Mathis chasing down Brady, imagine if Ballard didn't get hurt then the Richardson trade (everyone loved it before Richardson failed to succeed) wouldn't have been necessary.  These are just some examples of things that have tripped up the Colts' success.  Unless ANY of you complainers have worked for an NFL franchise or some other type of experience building a team (fantasy leagues don't count), you should put your trust in the team you profess to love.  I'm not saying you can't be upset that they didn't draft the players you wanted, but to call for someone to be fired crosses a line of fandom to extreme fanaticism.  The draft didn't go the way I wanted either, but I trust the Colts FO until such time they don't field a successful team and/or has a bunch of felons running around.

End of my rant.

Wow!  Really?  Fire the GM who has help lead the Colts to 3 straight seasons to an 11-5 record and has advanced in playoffs each year?  The Colts have had injuries that have hurt the Colts the last few years (Cherilus, Ballard, D. Allen, Mathis to name a few).  I dare say if some of those players were healthy, the Colts may (I said may) have gone further in the playoffs.  Imagine having Mathis chasing down Brady, imagine if Ballard didn't get hurt then the Richardson trade (everyone loved it before Richardson failed to succeed) wouldn't have been necessary.  These are just some examples of things that have tripped up the Colts' success.  Unless ANY of you complainers have worked for an NFL franchise or some other type of experience building a team (fantasy leagues don't count), you should put your trust in the team you profess to love.  I'm not saying you can't be upset that they didn't draft the players you wanted, but to call for someone to be fired crosses a line of fandom to extreme fanaticism.  The draft didn't go the way I wanted either, but I trust the Colts FO until such time they don't field a successful team and/or has a bunch of felons running around.

End of my rant.

He doesn't quite understand that Grigs doesn't use BPA all the time.  He will use it in the case when the BPA has a much higher grade then everyone else at the pick.  If the BPA is running neck and neck with some of the other selections at the pick then he will go with a position of need.  It's kind of obvious that Dorsett was rated higher than Malcolm Brown, Eddie Goldman and whoever else that was available at 29.   All those guys had 2nd round grades with the Colts so basically people are asking him to ignore the board and pick a 2nd round prospect in the 1st.  What should you do when that happens?  You stick with your board unless it's a situation like a quarterback because we all know we don't need another starter at QB.  

You can try to say that for WR but the argument would not be fully legitimate because we did need another WR because of all the double teams.  Dorsett fits the bill perfectly and I don't understand why people keep crying when we got a more productive DL than Brown with the Anderson pick.  As long as we got a real good football player with the pick I don't give a darn that it was WR.

Just how do you know that both New England and Green Bay did not covet Dorsett? Maybe they would have stayed him if he was available

One thing Colts fan needs to realize about this guy. This guy can catch. Bleacher Report said Dorsett drop one pass last year. Mr. Ryan drafted a game changer. With that speed, quickness, and hands. It will be very hard to keep him off the field. Let me say it again, he dropped one pass last year.