Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dorsett will wear #16

Hope he changes it...16 didn't work out so well for a WR last time for colts with Rogers. Plus it's such s wierd number for a WR in my opinion.

:facepalm:

So because the former player didn't work with the number, new player shouldn't?

So no one on this team should wear 15, 16, 34, or 32 huh?

Hope he changes it...16 didn't work out so well for a WR last time for colts with Rogers. Plus it's such s wierd number for a WR in my opinion.

Yeah, it was the number that doomed the UDFA. I kid....

Josh Lenz already has it. He's had it for a few years. Plus last first round wide receiver that we drafted wore that number and it kinda didn't workout. May be he doesn't feel comfortable. Also he wore 4 in college 4X4 in 16

im sure if he wanted 11, he would have got it from Lenz. Gonzo wasn't bad, just injured a lot

Does that happen often?

Yea, off the top of my head Zach Kerr was #64 in preseason and changed to #94 for regular season, Montori Hughes was 73 in preseason as a rookie then changed to 94 for rookie season and now he is 95.

There is probably more in just going off the top

Yea, off the top of my head Zach Kerr was #64 in preseason and changed to #94 for regular season, Montori Hughes was 73 in preseason as a rookie then changed to 94 for rookie season and now he is 95.

There is probably more in just going off the top

I doubt he switches his number. The team and the NFL will want his jersey in NFL shops and online pretty soon

#82 (Berry), #89 (Marchetti) are retired. I imagine even though #87 and #88 aren't yet officially retired (could be wrong on this, actually), that nobody in the Colts' organization is going to allow for a rookie to wear either of those numbers.  80 (Fleener), 81 (Andre Johnson), 83 (D. Allen), 84 (Doyle), 85 (Lankford), 86 (Swoope) are already taken.  That pretty much forces Dorsett to go in the teens -- 10 (Moncrief), 11 (Lenz), 12 (Luck), 13 (TY), 14 (Vincent Brown), 17 (Whalen) were all taken -- 19 (Unitas) and 18 (Peyton) are not options.  16 was what Dorsett had to choose from.  When he makes the squad and guys get cut, he can probably change it.  I suppose he could have went with the single digits, but outside of #9 (Duron Carter), it seems like all the other single digits look better on a P, K, or QB.

:facepalm:

So because the former player didn't work with the number, new player shouldn't?

So no one on this team should wear 15, 16, 34, or 32 huh?

32 is one of the best numbers of Colts' history. #Edge

#82 (Berry), #89 (Marchetti) are retired. I imagine even though #87 and #88 aren't yet officially retired (could be wrong on this, actually), that nobody in the Colts' organization is going to allow for a rookie to wear either of those numbers. 80 (Fleener), 81 (Andre Johnson), 83 (D. Allen), 84 (Doyle), 85 (Lankford), 86 (Swoope) are already taken. That pretty much forces Dorsett to go in the teens -- 10 (Moncrief), 11 (Lenz), 12 (Luck), 13 (TY), 14 (Vincent Brown), 17 (Whalen) were all taken -- 19 (Unitas) and 18 (Peyton) are not options. 16 was what Dorsett had to choose from. When he makes the squad and guys get cut, he can probably change it. I suppose he could have went with the single digits, but outside of #9 (Duron Carter), it seems like all the other single digits look better on a P, K, or QB.

32 is one of the best numbers of Colts' history.

Cassius Vaughn was the reference