Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

two players that didnt receive a fifth year option Id like to sign next year

both irvin and claiborne didnt receive an option for their fifth year. irvin would be a great addition to our pass rush and im sure after pags gets his hand on claiborne, he can make him a good player. doug martin also isnt getting his fifth year option so a lot of players to consider for next years free agency. course I dont think we'll really have much cap room after we resign luck AC hilton and the TEs 

I think Irvin is going to get some sort of long term deal with Seattle.  Though Claiborne is interesting.  People say he's more suited to a man-to-man defense, not the cover 2 defense the cover 2 scheme they're currently using.  He could be a really good addition to our team

I wouldn't mind either of those guys. Especially Claiborn because we could get him cheap (baring a breakout) and as others have said he would fit our press man scheme. Irvin is the same way. IMO he'd be a double digit sack guy in our scheme.

I don't want Irvin I think he is just a product of a great system and taking advantage of 1 on 1 blocking opportunities he gets there. There is too much talent in the Seattle front 7 to eat up blockers that he seems to have more production than he really should have. I think if he came to a sub par defense without all the talent he has there I think he struggles big time. I think the Claiborne experiment in Dallas is over and the Dallas FO has given up on him. I am starting to get the feeling that he may be released before the season even begins after Dallas drafting Byron Jones. I do think the talent is there, but I believe Dallas is using him completely wrong. At LSU they ran press coverage on the outside and he excelled at it. He was an excellent corner at jamming at the line and disrupting the timing while staying with his man. Dallas used him as an off man corner where he wasn't able to jam at the line and disrupt timing which I think threw him off of his game as he was used to press coverage. I also believe this is why he was constantly beat underneath on slants and in routes. I say bring him in on a prove it deal and get him back to a press system while working with Pagano and we might have a steal.

I think Irvin is going to get some sort of long term deal with Seattle. Though Claiborne is interesting. People say he's more suited to a man-to-man defense, not the cover 2 defense the cover 2 scheme they're currently using. He could be a really good addition to our team

Irvin looks to definitely not be staying in Seattle. Might get traded to ATL

both irvin and claiborne didnt receive an option for their fifth year. irvin would be a great addition to our pass rush and im sure after pags gets his hand on claiborne, he can make him a good player. doug martin also isnt getting his fifth year option so a lot of players to consider for next years free agency. course I dont think we'll really have much cap room after we resign luck AC hilton and the TEs 

Gruden basically crucified Claiborne in the draft coverage.  He said for someone who is a high profile name, he has not lived up to his hype.  I love Irvin, but I like Irving and Cole...and my man Newsome  :)

Irvin imo is a product of the system. Seattle seem pretty confident that he'll get signed long term, I can also see him being traded at some point. 16 sacks over 3 seasons is not great.

Claiborne is intriguing. I agree he could be a good fit. Although what concerns me is not that he was benched, its that after he was benched he skipped practice, walked out and pouted about it. That, to me, shows maturity issues. And I am sick of being burned by potentially good players with maturity issues. Pass.