Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think I prefer a balanced defense..

bap1331

Like the rams.I thought they were the only team along with the cardinals to give fits (but qb was their main problem). Their defense is so well built.

They did well for not being in the top 10 overall but the lack or offense kept them from even getting to take rest in the sidelines. No stars on defense but they can stop the run and pass.

It would be a huge benefit in cap space especially with lucks contract needing a boost and signing ty. Coby fleener at a decent price but not sure of dwayne yet.

We cant afford to pay the next suh or jj watt...

That rookie D-Lineman that took Langford's place, was defensive rookie of the year.  If not a star now, he is a future one.

But yeah, that was the issue during the Manning era, could not afford to pay the big bucks to too many defensive stars.  Though we did have a few.  We have stars on our defense right now in Mathis and Davis.  and by the time Mathis, Jackson, Adams, and the older higher paid vets we have leave, the defensive rookie contracts will be ready to be signed.

I think the Colts are a well rounded defense.  18th vrs the run is not as bad as it seems, but could be better obviously (TY pats for pointing that out).

And 12th vrs the pass made us 11th overall.  These guys just need to learn their schemes and mesh with each other.  (staying healthy would be a plus also)

That rookie D-Lineman that took Langford's place, was defensive rookie of the year. If not a star now, he is a future one.

But yeah, that was the issue during the Manning era, could not afford to pay the big bucks to too many defensive stars. Though we did have a few. We have stars on our defense right now in Mathis and Davis. and by the time Mathis, Jackson, Adams, and the older higher paid vets we have leave, the defensive rookie contracts will be ready to be signed.

I think the Colts are a well rounded defense. 18th vrs the run is not as bad as it seems, but could be better obviously (TY pats for pointing that out).

And 12th vrs the pass made us 11th overall. These guys just need to learn their schemes and mesh with each other. (staying healthy would be a plus also)

I may be wrong but I think we were 11th against the run and 18th against the pass and 11th overall

No stars on the Rams defense? I'd call all of Donald, Quinn, Long, Laurinaitis and Ogletree stars, and EJ Gaines is getting close, and will be considered a star if he has a repeat of this past year.

only the first two you said are even close.

Like the rams.I thought they were the only team along with the cardinals to give fits (but qb was their main problem). Their defense is so well built.

They did well for not being in the top 10 overall but the lack or offense kept them from even getting to take rest in the sidelines. No stars on defense but they can stop the run and pass.

It would be a huge benefit in cap space especially with lucks contract needing a boost and signing ty. Coby fleener at a decent price but not sure of dwayne yet.

We cant afford to pay the next suh or jj watt...

No stars in St. Louis' defense?  Have you seen their defensive line?

The Colts defens wasn't all that bad last year and they shined at times and proved to be dominant with average players besides Vontae Davis and possibly Jones (who couldn't stay healthy)

Our defense has been upgraded throughout the board and the same could be said for our offense.

This is a team who made the AFC Championship game last year..

They have Super Bowl or bust potential this year.