Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared's real life mock 2 of 3

This is mock 2 of 3 of my Colts real life mock drafts. Sorry I'm a little late on this one. There were some changes and some things I heard that made me change my draft around some. I think we will draft D-Line as of now and my draft reflects it. After this mock, there will be one more on draft day that will be my official guess on who the Colts draft. The first two are on first-pick, the third mock will be done purely by myself. Here is the mock draft.

Round 1 Pick 29: Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 29: A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (A)
Round 3 Pick 29: Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 29: Alex Carter, CB, Stanford (A)
Round 5 Pick 29: Zach Hodges, OLB, Harvard (B+)
Round 6 Pick 29: Josh Robinson, RB, Mississippi St. (A+)
Round 6 Pick 31: Ty Montgomery, WR/RB, Stanford (A+)
Round 7 Pick 27: Justin Manton, K, Louisiana-Monroe (A+)
Round 7 Pick 38 (COMP): Darryl Baldwin, OT, Ohio State (A-)

Eddie Goldman is the perfect pick on day 1. He will have a good chance to fall to 29, and he will beef up our D-Line should we take him. I didn't like what was available in round 2, and Donovan Smith and Demarious Randall were taken before me, so I went with AJ Cann, the best Guard in the draft. We have lots of ways we could play him and he may be able to beat out Herramans straight out. Derron Smith is a FS that I love and I think would make perfect sense in round 3. Alex Carter is a solid CB that would be great for the future in round 4. Some feel good stories in rounds 5 and 6 with Hodges and Robinson, but also excellent players that could definitely make the team and make an impact. Ty is a solid WR that has fallen a lot, can do a lot and would be excellent value in round 6. The controversial pick is in round 7 with Justin Manton. The best Kicker in the draft that could replace Vinatieri. I know a Kicker seems like a waste, but to get our kicker for the next 15 years is a great use of a late 7th. Finally we get a tackle with our comp pick that has a chance of making the team.

Carter isn't the kind of CB we want i think he could be a better S for us, but teams with zone coverage are gonna take him on the late 2nd or early 3rd.
TY Montgomery is gonna be a 4th rounder at worse, he has a good set of tools. i would rather take the boy from Hobart Marpet he is this year Joel Bitonio or Larry Wardford, he handled really well all the DTs.

Carter isn't the kind of CB we want i think he could be a better S for us, but teams with zone coverage are gonna take him on the late 2nd or early 3rd.

TY Montgomery is gonna be a 4th rounder at worse, he has a good set of tools. i would rather take the boy from Hobart Marpet he is this year Joel Bitonio or Larry Wardford, he handled really well all the DTs.

I'll take a look at Marpet, if i really like him, I'll put him on my final mock on draft day. I think even though TY Montgomery is diverse, he could definitely fall below the 4th. Carter was a BPA pick that I kinda like anyway. He might not fit our scheme perfect, but he could be very solid. There are some corners I like in the first two rounds, but I opted to go Goldman in the first, and Rollins was gone before my second pick. Good feedback and I appreciate it.

Maybe, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Someone will fall, it was him in this draft and he is also someone I like.

He didn't run incredibly fast so ur could knock him down draft boards. I don't think he's going to go high just because he's a big corner from Stanford and no one wants to miss out on him like they did the last big corner from Stanford.