Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mayock's Top-100 Unveiled....

For many here,  Mike Mayock of the NFLN is their favorite evaluator.

You might remember I had all sorts of issues with his top-100 last year....

Well....  that's not the case this year.     I think he's done a percent solid job...    a few disagreements here and there,  but that's to be expected in a top-100.    This year's effort is nothing like last year's....

Here's your easy read:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488358/article/2015-nfl-draft-mike-mayocks-top-100-prospects

Perriman is too high. He is fast, but reminds me of Heyward-Bey. I would rather have Lockette, who is pretty low at #70. Someone is going to get a great steal in the 2nd or 3rd.

Golson rated as 2nd round CB, highest I have seen, and PJ Williams higher than Darby. That is one of the lowest rankings for Darby I have seen. He would be a good get in the 2nd, and put him at S as Dustin mentioned.

Henry Anderson would be a nice get in the 3rd. He is listed as Alabama, but it is Anderson from Stanford.

Surprised Montgomery is in the top 100.

I would really like us to take a S or CB in the first, and take Laken Tomlinson or Stephone Anthony if one of them is there at our 2nd. The strength of this draft is in the 2nd and 3rd. I hope someone wants to get a player, and have that 5th year option, and comes back into the 1st round late so we can trade back, unless Lael Collins is still there.

Perriman is too high. He is fast, but reminds me of Heyward-Bey. I would rather have Lockette, who is pretty low at #70. Someone is going to get a great steal in the 2nd or 3rd.

Golson rated as 2nd round CB, highest I have seen, and PJ Williams higher than Darby. That is one of the lowest rankings for Darby I have seen. He would be a good get in the 2nd, and put him at S as Dustin mentioned.

Henry Anderson would be a nice get in the 3rd. He is listed as Alabama, but it is Anderson from Stanford.

Surprised Montgomery is in the top 100.

I would really like us to take a S or CB in the first, and take Laken Tomlinson or Stephone Anthony if one of them is there at our 2nd. The strength of this draft is in the 2nd and 3rd. I hope someone wants to get a player, and have that 5th year option, and comes back into the 1st round late so we can trade back, unless Lael Collins is still there.

Really?      You want us to take a S or CB in the first?

With all our other needs,  and the fact that this is a very poor safety class,   I don't know why you want to do this?

No DL?     No OL?

With all our other needs,  and the fact that this is a very poor safety class,   I don't know why you want to do this?

No DL?     No OL?

To be honest, I would not be opposed to taking Kevin Johnson in the first round. 

I would rather an offensive lineman be available as the BPA, but I can see us taking Kevin Johnson, especially if we see a run on offensive linemen in the second part of the first round.

No DL?     No OL?

you're surprised at someone wanting a corner in round 1?  Toler is an average player who won't be here that much longer.   we need a #2.

I'm not saying we don't need another corner, but I don't think it's our top priority....

What do you think would be a higher priority givien what's avaliable in this draft? S is an obvious need but I think CB is pretty close to the top of the list.

It's just not a position you want to have to go out and buy in FA. This draft has a handful of press corners with the potential to take over for Toler. It would lessen his leverage next year.

When Grigs says he looks at BPA then if it's close you look at what you need. I'd guess CB is one of the positions he'd have as a need. Would you agree with that?

What do you think would be a higher priority givien what's avaliable in this draft? S is an obvious need but I think CB is pretty close to the top of the list.

It's just not a position you want to have to go out and buy in FA. This draft has a handful of press corners with the potential to take over for Toler. It would lessen his leverage next year.

When Grigs says he looks at BPA then if it's close you look at what you need. I'd guess CB is one of the positions he'd have as a need. Would you agree with that?

Honestly....

I think DL is far more important.

I think OL is far more important.

I think safety is far more important.

And there are arguments for RB and LB as well, though less strong than the first three...

We have one more year of Toler.    He can be replaced in a year by either a Free Agent or the draft.

I'm OK if we end up taking a Corner...   I just don't think the first round is where we need to pull that trigger.

But,  it's all about how our Big Board stacks up..... 

Honestly....

And there are arguments for RB and LB as well, though less strong than the first three...

We have one more year of Toler.    He can be replaced in a year by either a Free Agent or the draft.

I'm OK if we end up taking a Corner...   I just don't think the first round is where we need to pull that trigger.

But,  it's all about how our Big Board stacks up..... 

I don''t necessarily want a CB in the 1st round, but I can't think of a legitimate argument for a RB being more important than a CB.  CB is much more important and should be a higher priority than you are making it IMO.

Honestly....

We have one more year of Toler. He can be replaced in a year by either a Free Agent or the draft.

I'm OK if we end up taking a Corner... I just don't think the first round is where we need to pull that trigger.

But, it's all about how our Big Board stacks up.....

I agree I am not calling for it to be the pick at 29 unless it's BPA by a long shot on the board.

If you look at Grigs draft history he has made 7 selections since the 2012 draft that have come in rounds 1-5 and 6 of the 7 went to the O Line or the front 7. Moncrief being the lone exception.

Grig's gets it. You have to be able to control the line of scrimmage. I would expect that effort to continue.

That being said we need help on the back end. If we go BPA then if it is close look at need I think CB is enough of a need and it's a strong group we could see one day 2.

I totally expect and hope one is drafted. We have a lot of our own to take care of it would be wise financially wise not to have to mess around with the crazy $$ CB's are getting on the open market.

Build through the draft sometimes you have to look down the road a little. Do we want to be in the position where our best option could be running a rookie out next year? Too many good CB's to let that happen.

I don''t necessarily want a CB in the 1st round, but I can't think of a legitimate argument for a RB being more important than a CB.  CB is much more important and should be a higher priority than you are making it IMO.

That's fine.

But I had three other positions,   OL, DL and Safety ahead of CB, so I assume you're fine with that.

RB is the only one you seem to take issue with.    Just want to make sure we're on the same page.

Because the poster I was responding to, had CB as their number one need.     I disagree.

That's fine.

But I had three other positions,   OL, DL and Safety ahead of CB, so I assume you're fine with that.

RB is the only one you seem to take issue with.    Just want to make sure we're on the same page.

Because the poster I was responding to, had CB as their number one need.     I disagree.

I am ok with that, I definitely don't think CB is our #1 need. I can see an argument for a CB above those positions depending on who is there. I can see no way that the board falls where I would take a RB in the 1st round. 

I am ok with that, I definitely don't think CB is our #1 need. I can see an argument for a CB above those positions depending on who is there. I can see no way that the board falls where I would take a RB in the 1st round. 

Oh,  agreed.     And I didn't mean to imply that RB was the top need.    Sorry for any confusion.

I've always argued for a RB in the 4th...

I think DL, OL and Safety are the three highest priorities...

I think RB and CB would likely be the next two...