Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft 5.0 (Possibly Final)

Round 1 Pick 29: DT Eddie Goldman

Colts could take an ILB here like Kendricks, but Kendricks may have been taken by the time we pick and DT is a more pressing need. Goldman is run-stuffing DT, which is important when we draft a DT this year.  His pass rushing ability needs to improve but we need to grab a man in the draft that can assist us in accomplishing our main priority, stop the run. 

Round 2 Pick 61: FS Derron Smith 

Mike Adams isn't getting any younger.  Smith is on the shorter side, standing at 5'10".  He is proficient in both playing by the line and playing in coverage.  Tackling needs to be improved, but is a hard hitter when he executes a tackle.  His skills in coverage are very good and has the tools and skill-set you look for in a free safety.  I expect him to still be on the board at this point, and would be wise to get a FS for the future that has the ability to play the position.

Seondary Option if Smith has been taken already: ILB Stephone Anthony 

Round 3 Pick 93: SS Jarquiski Tartt 

SS is the weak spot in our secondary.  I'm interested to see what guys like Winston Guy and Dewey McDonald bring to the table, but I would prefer to get a safety in the early rounds of the draft.  Tartt has great size at 6'1", and has great tackling ability.  Coverage is his weak spot, but has the physicality to be a starter.  He is a fierce tackler that locks his eyes on the ball carrier and comes down to the line to help in run defense.  Tartt also has great spped for a safety, with a 4.53 40 time.  It may seem odd selecting two safeties in consecutive rounds, but I think these two could form a pretty nice safety tandem, learning the tools they need to get better from one another.  

Round 4 Pick 128: David Cobb 

Gore also isn't getting any younger and who will snatch RB spots past Herron are unknown. Cobb is a powerful runner and gained 54% of his yards from after contact.  He is a patient runner and waits for the holes to develop and accelerate through the running lane.  Cobb works hard on the speed aspect of the game and will not lose the quickness dimension to his running style.  He is also a very good pass protector and will keep Andrew Luck upright.  

Round 5 Pick 165: ILB Hayes Pullard 

The main ILBs on the roster are Muamba, Freeman, Jackson, Irving.  With DQ getting up in age as well, it wouldn't be bad to invest in an ILB in the middle rounds.  He is an athletic linebacker but needs to be more of an aggressive player and make things happen.  He can develop into a solid player with the right coaching.

Round 6 Pick 205: WR Jordan Taylor 

He's a tall WR at 6'5".  He is a decent deep threat, and ran a 4.5 40 time.  Takes long strides and is able to get separation.  Needs to do a better job with strength and dealing with press coverage.  Wouldn't be a bad pick in the 6th round. 

Round 6 Pick 207: CB Cam Thomas 

He does a good job in pass coverage and understands the job he plays in run defense.  He is a CB with upside and I think he can develop into a solid NFL CB.  Pagano has done a pretty good job with CBs, and would make a good player out of Thomas.     

Round 7 Pick 244: OT Sean Donnelly 

Tall offensive lineman standing at 6'8".  He can play either tackle spot and does a good job in pass protection.  He has good fundamental movement and has an ability to sustain blocks.  Penalties have been an issue in the past with him, and needs more use of power in his blocking approach.  He can be a solid depth player

Round 7 Pick 255: NT James Castleman 

Rarely quits on a play and gives it his all.  He is effective inside with his leverage and upper body strength.  It would be nice to get a guy very late in the draft that would provide quality depth at one of our weaker positions on defense.   

I think this one was the most accurate one I've ever seen

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/4/27/8503433/nfl-mock-draft-2015-a-seven-round-mock-draft-for-the-colts  why draft corners for the future when the team could be building to win now? i will be pretty upsest if we use a first round pick on a fourth string cornerback.  the second round pick is also bad, this is the draft to find guys ready to contribute right now before we dish out big contracts to luck and ty among others

that mock is pretty bad.  why take a fourth string(project) corner in the first when we have much bigger needs on the lines?

i would rather we take the 5th or 6th offensive or defensive lineman over any corner in the first.  the second round pick is also bad, this is the draft to find immediate contributors not more projects.

id say the thread creators draft is much better than that one and the picks are actually realistc too.