Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Romo declares that Cowboys will win the super bowl next year

RockThatBlue

I hope he feels this way. He is a darn good and underrated QB and they gave GB a good battle this past year in the playoffs. And they kicked the snot out of us sadly too.

Underrated team at times, but playoff disasters tend to come after them A LOT......

I hope he feels this way. He is a darn good and underrated QB and they gave GB a good battle this past year in the playoffs. And they kicked the snot out of us sadly too.

Underrated team at times, but playoff disasters tend to come after them A LOT......

Totally agree! Romo is a great underrated quarterback who gets way too much flack when they lose. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a ring in the future after all he's been through. 

Totally agree! Romo is a great underrated quarterback who gets way too much flack when they lose. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a ring in the future after all he's been through. 

Seeing Romo get a ring would not be bad.

Seeing this guy though.....yeah....not so good....

Jerry-Jones.jpg

What is he suppose to say? "Nah, we don't have a chance winning a super bowl"? Every player has to go into the season feeling they are going to the super bowl. We know it's not realistic but that's the mind set you want your players to be in.

Yes seriously,i would be concerned if my QB said "we don't stand a chance",You gotta have the mindset going into the season that the  superbowl win is the goal.

jerry-jones-gif.gif

Smart business man but I am not too sure about his smarts when it comes to running a football team. Jimmy Johnson made him look smart a couple of times but we seen how that worked out when Jones wouldn't let Johnson do it his way. Johnson made maybe the best trade in NFL history but Jones wouldn't keep his nose out of thinking he was smarter.

No credible QB ever says they are going to win the Super Bowl next year.  That is a Jerry Jones/Cowboys (and Rex Ryan) thing and a major reason why so many other fans dislike them so.  It is designed to get fans all excited and put people in the seats....imo.

What is he suppose to say? "Nah, we don't have a chance winning a super bowl"? Every player has to go into the season feeling they are going to the super bowl. We know it's not realistic but that's the mind set you want your players to be in.

..and Dallas has a chance...this isn't Geno Smith claiming he'll be in the Super Bowl..

....don't we always say that anybody who makes the playoffs can get 'hot' win the Super Bowl?

When you think about how much better last year was for Dallas than the previous half dozen...the 'Boys should be talking big

There's a difference between being confident and being arrogant. Putting a target on your team's back isn't what you want to do. Smart QBs let their play do their talking for them.

Does Tony Romo strike you has arrogant?

He's pretty soft spoken, isn't he?

You can be both. These are NFL players who make millions because of their talent, I'm sure they all have their moments. I'm not saying that Romo is arrogant, but declaring without a doubt that you will win the Super Bowl almost a year beforehand is a pretty arrogant thing to do.

wouldn't saying....'Oh, I don't want to talk about winning the Super Bowl'

..or saying..."I hope we win the Super Bowl'....be somewhat semi-tough coming from a team leader?

His teammates and the Dallas fans want to hear 'We're going to win'!!

..aren't they the target audience for Tony's 'arrogance'

wouldn't saying....'Oh, I don't want to talk about winning the Super Bowl'

..or saying..."I hope we win the Super Bowl'....be somewhat semi-tough coming from a team leader?

His teammates and the Dallas fans want to hear 'We're going to win'!!

..aren't they the target audience for Tony's 'arrogance'

Of course they want to hear that Romo wants to win. But declaring a Super Bowl victory is just setting the fanbase and teammates up for disappointment.

There will be 31 other NFL team disappointed. It is obvious you just have a problem with Romo.

No, because that would make all 32, which means you think no one will win it. My opinion of Romo has nothing to do with this topic so there's no need in you trying to twist things to make it personal.

Joseph Randall averaged over 6 yards a carry last year behind that line. I'm sure they will draft one early as well

Dallas is not better than Green Bay, Seattle and possibly Detroit who should have beaten them last year if not for the horrible ref non-call. On top they lost their best offensive player. I think their run game will be good but not exceptional and it needs to be exceptional to keep Romo from turning into a turn over machine.

Dallas is not better than Green Bay, Seattle and possibly Detroit who should have beaten them last year if not for the horrible ref non-call. On top they lost their best offensive player. I think their run game will be good but not exceptional and it needs to be exceptional to keep Romo from turning into a turn over machine.

Again a.am.

I know you know that we don't know who's better than who until the draft. RBs are easy to find

No, because that would make all 32, which means you think no one will win it. My opinion of Romo has nothing to do with this topic so there's no need in you trying to twist things to make it personal.

Nobody is twisting anything. Your comments speak for themselves.

There's nothing to be heard. I don't like players coming out and making outrageous statements period.

Having a QB saying he is going to win a super bowl is not that outrageous IMO. That is exactly the mind set you want your QB to be in. If you think it's outrageous maybe you are putting too much into it. It's like all talk, it's answered on the field. When these player get on the field talk means zero. It's action that speaks for itself.

Having a QB saying he is going to win a super bowl is not that outrageous IMO. That is exactly the mind set you want your QB to be in. If you think it's outrageous maybe you are putting too much into it. It's like all talk, it's answered on the field. When these player get on the field talk means zero. It's action that speaks for itself.

That's what I'm saying. Let your actions speak for themselves, out on the field. I guess I just have an old school way of thinking.

That's what I'm saying. Let your actions speak for themselves, out on the field. I guess I just have an old school way of thinking.

I think also you tend to hear the ring speak from guys who have never won anything. I believe a true championship mindset comes from within and those that have it never have to voice it publicly. It permeates their being from the way they carry themselves, to their preparation and training to their performance on the field.

I like Romo and think he was just being funny with his comment knowing it would stir the pot. He was not saying in the same vein that Pot Roast did last year when he said the Broncos would not lose another game toward the end of the season.

Dez is their best offensive player. and we have no way of knowing who is.better than who in April