Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anderson And Brayton

Fx Stryker

When we signed them I initially thought they would be our DT's because we had Frathis on the ends. Last night they actually got to play DT finally, and that line of Freeney Anderson, Brayton and Mathis played so well. We definitely need to bring them back after this season. What do youse all think?

I would keep Anderson as a situational run stopping defensive end, and thats really about it! Similar to how the Colts kept Foster, I would let Foster go and keep Anderson in his place in a very similar role! I think Anderson actually makes plays! Not to mention if the Colts Blitz more with the SAM LB in a 4-3 Under set, Anderson would be the perfect DE to line up next to the SAM, where that DE would be responsible for penetration and containing in run support!

I would keep Anderson as a situational run stopping defensive end, and thats really about it! Similar to how the Colts kept Foster, I would let Foster go and keep Anderson in his place in a very similar role! I think Anderson actually makes plays! Not to mention if the Colts Blitz more with the SAM LB in a 4-3 Under set, Anderson would be the perfect DE to line up next to the SAM, where that DE would be responsible for penetration and containing in run support!

I agree, I really like the pick up on Anderson. Brayton has played good too. We could just use them as running DE's like we have. Last night though I liked them as Dt's though. So possibly as running DE's and passing DT's.

idid not get to see the game so this is more of a question than critism. Arian Foster ran 23 times for 158 yards if the dt's played that well how did he run for that much?

Believe you me, that was not the D lines fault last night. Foster wasnt taking it up the gut, they stopped him. Where he got his yardage was off the sides. At one point Foster took one up the sidelines and do you know who had to run down field and tackle him? Freeney. He made the tackle about 15 yards down field. If he hadnt, Foster would have broke one wide open.

Still we had no answer to foster (which was good for my fantasy teams) but we contained ben tate well which was a great improvement and a major reason we kept them from scoring. Actually it was the inability in their passing game that won us the game despite the nice output from foster. These texans are not complete when they are without schaub and aj since yates and their other receivers were not good enough to take advantage of the defense deep down the field even when our dbs played very close to the line.

I see a big improvement from the D under the newly promoted Defensive coordinator, perhaps the search for a coordinator is over.

I like Anderson and Brayton. I like having 2 bigger, run stopping DEs to compliment Mathis and Freeney. I hope they remain on the team for a couple of years.

Jamaal Anderson had a great game too. Going forward Brayton is easily replaceable and the same with Jamaal, but Jamaal has had a much bigger impact on this team than Brayton. Plus Brayton is old. To save some money, keep Anderson next year as a quality backup and let Brayton walk as our DTs are developping and are getting better.

When we signed them I initially thought they would be our DT's because we had Frathis on the ends. Last night they actually got to play DT finally, and that line of Freeney Anderson, Brayton and Mathis played so well. We definitely need to bring them back after this season. What do youse all think?

Outstanding....They were mowed down early

...bu they adjusted and filled gaps later..

that's the best run block line we'll see...

We still need another big tackle to rotate in there..

...our defense has been much better since we axed Coyer..coinicdence..or just bad QBs on the other side?

I really like Anderson. (Actually think he would be pretty darn good in a 3-4 D)

He's better than both Foster and Brayton, and a stud on special teams due to his length and athleticism. He's great to have as a situational DE and DT depending on whether we are looking at a pass or a run from the opponent offense.

I would definitely keep Anderson. Unless some team has seen something spectacular this year, he won't be overly expensive to retain.

anderson gets praised because he had the sack but brayton did pretty good yesterday. he was constantly pushing the center backfield, i remember at least 4 plays where brayton tottally blew the play, he pushed the pocket, and spefically drove the C like 3 yards backwards. iwas impressed with both of them

Give the thanks to Chris Polian for picking up both of those guys, i just wish they had kept tommie harris... it also seems like the LB core is MUCH better with sims in instead of wheeler... sims is an all around LB i just hope he gets retained.

Hopefully CP can dip a bit more in the upcoming FA maybe WR or DT

I agree-- both of them play so hard every snap... I felt so bad for Brayton too after he injured Foster.... he was crying hysterically. And Anderson is a ball hawk for a DL

Give the thanks to Chris Polian for picking up both of those guys, i just wish they had kept tommie harris... it also seems like the LB core is MUCH better with sims in instead of wheeler... sims is an all around LB i just hope he gets retained.

Hopefully CP can dip a bit more in the upcoming FA maybe WR or DT

I love Ernie. Just listening to him talk after the games. He gets fired up with a win. He is so happy, got the biggest smile I ever seen. I really hope we keep him too. I thought he was suppose to start initially, but I guess that knee injury stop him from getting the job. Glad he got it now.

I love Ernie. Just listening to him talk after the games. He gets fired up with a win. He is so happy, got the biggest smile I ever seen. I really hope we keep him too. I thought he was suppose to start initially, but I guess that knee injury stop him from getting the job. Glad he got it now.

Yeah but I also really like wheeler as a pass rusher on some occasions. But ernie has played well and has good cover skills. Dont know what wheelers role will be when he comes back

They were signed to be run stoppers. Last night we got away with it because of the match up. Brayton and Anderson can do DT if you get the right match ups. Brayton has been used at it more than Anderson has this season.

I think Anderson has had the better season and has pretty been exactly what the Colts wanted him to be when they signed him. A guy who is mostly a run stopper but can get a pass rush once in a while. I really want Anderson back. Brayton I am not going to call for him to be released but it's not going to break my heart if we don't bring him back.

Bethea was our leading tackler, so Foster was making it into our secondary. I'm not sure how a running back can get around us. We were built for team speed. We never let backs go outside, only inside. What a reversal.

That is because the linebackers on the Colts aren't nearly as solid as people give them credit for! Not to mention the front four lack in run support quiet contrary to what many are saying. Moala is terrible, Mookie is ok as a rotational player, Angerer has done a solid job, but really isn't that impact LB the Colts need, Conner makes some good plays and then you scratch your head and wonder what he is doing.. I think a true NT needs to be drafted, and a linebacker or two. Having a strong front seven will cover up for many defencies in the secondary..just look at Detroit!

That is because the linebackers on the Colts aren't nearly as solid as people give them credit for! Not to mention the front four lack in run support quiet contrary to what many are saying. Moala is terrible, Mookie is ok as a rotational player, Angerer has done a solid job, but really isn't that impact LB the Colts need, Conner makes some good plays and then you scratch your head and wonder what he is doing.. I think a true NT needs to be drafted, and a linebacker or two. Having a strong front seven will cover up for many defencies in the secondary..just look at Detroit!

Again ranting about our lack of talent Bmorecolt? JOKING :)

Again ranting about our lack of talent Bmorecolt? JOKING :)

Lol... I guess its because I am a football fan and love the game and see talent where talent is that I am able to look at the team and see how many Colts wouldn't crack starting rosters of other teams... And because I became a Colt fan when Manning was drafted, I am not as biased or swayed by hometown bias and love... But seriously Colts need a true NT.. and a Will LB... since FireJimCaldwell did a great cap break down, the Colts only save 200k cutting Gary Brackett this season..and if he could play Sam, Angerer is ok for now at Mike.. and get a good Will LB I would like the LB group much more...I think a dominant front seven is crucial and covers the zone scheme of the secondary!

Lol... I guess its because I am a football fan and love the game and see talent where talent is that I am able to look at the team and see how many Colts wouldn't crack starting rosters of other teams... And because I became a Colt fan when Manning was drafted, I am not as biased or swayed by hometown bias and love... But seriously Colts need a true NT.. and a Will LB... since FireJimCaldwell did a great cap break down, the Colts only save 200k cutting Gary Brackett this season..and if he could play Sam, Angerer is ok for now at Mike.. and get a good Will LB I would like the LB group much more...I think a dominant front seven is crucial and covers the zone scheme of the secondary!

I was joking to you. But again dont rant to me! do it to someone else!

Rotation. Look it up.

Reality. Look it up. They're not a realistic answer at DT. They might be able to do it every now and then, but realistically and long term they aren't the answer. Rotation doesn't help make them the answer at all. It might make them seem really good at times, but it doesn't make it the answer.

It's also because he is one of the best RBs in the league, and the Texans probably have the best zone blocking OL in the league. Jacksonville, Miami, and Cincinnati are the only three teams to keep him under 100 yards from scrimmage all year. Foster got his last night, as he almost always does, but the D stopped him in key situations. I'll take that every time we play them.

Moala had some very nice plays last night and has throughout the year. You did notice, didn't you? He isn't terrible, but he is frustratingly inconsistent. I do agree we still need a true NT to pair with our existing DTs. Anderson should be resigned as the run-stopping DE/situational DT...he has played that role well this year, and Brayton has been a contributor as well but seems like a dime a dozen type player to me.

It's also because he is one of the best RBs in the league, and the Texans probably have the best zone blocking OL in the league. Jacksonville, Miami, and Cincinnati are the only three teams to keep him under 100 yards from scrimmage all year. Foster got his last night, as he almost always does, but the D stopped him in key situations. I'll take that every time we play them.

Moala had some very nice plays last night and has throughout the year. You did notice, didn't you? He isn't terrible, but he is frustratingly inconsistent. I do agree we still need a true NT to pair with our existing DTs. Anderson should be resigned as the run-stopping DE/situational DT...he has played that role well this year, and Brayton has been a contributor as well but seems like a dime a dozen type player to me.

Well I want Anderson resigned as the "Eric Foster" player.. Foster was held in check by the Ravens, he lucked otu and got the Steelers early on in the season before their D warmed up... bottom line is the good defenses will contain him, because well they are the good defenses! Moala is terribly inconsistent, and the occasional play he makes, doesn't make up for the lack of everything else he does... kind of like Conner in the LB core. Imagine a true NT starting with Nevis and Mathis and Freeney at the ends.. and then Addison, Mookie, Moala (though I would prefer someone else) and Anderson as the run stopping situational D-line. That's alot more appealing! But linebackers on the Colts don't do a very good job shedding blockers and bringing a real physical presense... They need a freak Will LB..