Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1. Jordan Phillips DL Oklahoma I went around and around with this pick. The back worries me a little bit but his ceiling is so high. He could be a pro bowler IMO. He instantly makes our front 7 better. I believe he can play up and down the line not just the nose.

2. Ronald Darby CB FSU. Toler is a FA and over 30 next year. We need to replace him through this draft. The only knock on Darby is his play against the run. I didn't see it and his cover skills are on spot with what we do.

3. Rob Havenstein OT Wisconsin We need some stability on the right side of the line and we need to lose Godser's contract next year. Here is my answer.

4. Adrain Amos S Penn St. I really like this kid. He has good speed is fluid will really help in coverage can play in the box as well. 

5. Leterrius Walton DL Central Michigan. He needs a little polishing but he is another very athletic big man for the trenches. We seem to have a history of hitting a pretty good player in the 5th round I think this kid will be a big surprise for whoever lands him.

6. Chaz Green OL Florida He played left and right tackle at Florida. He might have the athleticism and functional strength to play all five O-line positions. There is talk that C might be his best spot in the NFL.

6. Alani Fua OLB BYU  He has a great burst off the snap he still needs time to grow into his tall frame and become a more polished pass rusher.

7.Donald Celiscar CB/S Western Michigan He is a ball hawking CB who may move to S at the next level.

7. Levi Norwood WR Baylor. He can handle KR/PR duties while polishing his receiving skills.

UDFA Corey Grant Auburn and Nick Perry would have liked to work them in the bottom of the draft because either could be drafted. I really am starting to like Nick Perry..

1. Jordan Phillips DL Oklahoma I went around and around with this pick. The back worries me a little bit but his ceiling is so high. He could be a pro bowler IMO. He instantly makes our front 7 better. I believe he can play up and down the line not just the nose.

2. Ronald Darby CB FSU. Toler is a FA and over 30 next year. We need to replace him through this draft. The only knock on Darby is his play against the run. I didn't see it and his cover skills are on spot with what we do.

3. Rob Havenstein OT Wisconsin We need some stability on the right side of the line and we need to lose Godser's contract next year. Here is my answer.

4. Adrain Amos S Penn St. I really like this kid. He has good speed is fluid will really help in coverage can play in the box as well. 

5. Leterrius Walton DL Central Michigan. He needs a little polishing but he is another very athletic big man for the trenches. We seem to have a history of hitting a pretty good player in the 5th round I think this kid will be a big surprise for whoever lands him.

6. Chaz Green OL Florida He played left and right tackle at Florida. He might have the athleticism and functional strength to play all five O-line positions. There is talk that C might be his best spot in the NFL.

6. Alani Fua OLB BYU  He has a great burst off the snap he still needs time to grow into his tall frame and become a more polished pass rusher.

7.Donald Celiscar CB/S Western Michigan He is a ball hawking CB who may move to S at the next level.

7. Levi Norwood WR Baylor. He can handle KR/PR duties while polishing his receiving skills.

UDFA Corey Grant Auburn and Nick Perry would have liked to work them in the bottom of the draft because either could be drafted. I really am starting to like Nick Perry..

Nice job up and down your list...

But Darby is sub 5'11"...   and I don't see us taking a corner that short.    Feels like a nickle, and not the replacement for Toler.

But Darby is sub 5'11"...   and I don't see us taking a corner that short.    Feels like a nickle, and not the replacement for Toler.

See above forgot to quote you. He's 5'11

And we had him in for a visit with all the CB troubles he may not make it to us in the 2nd http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/sources-florida-state-corner-ronald-darby-visiting-colts-has-visited-titans-panthers-met-with-saints-jets-worked-out-for-buccaneers/

See above forgot to quote you. He's 5'11

Some websites don't breakdown the height...   they round up or down.

On ESPN.com he's listed at  5'10" and 5/8....

Always be skeptical of a height when it's listed exactly to the inch.     This happens in all sports, by the way,  not just football.

Some websites don't breakdown the height...   they round up or down.

On ESPN.com he's listed at  5'10" and 5/8....

Always be skeptical of a height when it's listed exactly to the inch.     This happens in all sports, by the way,  not just football.

Not sure 3/8 of an inch matters but if you think so ok.

Everything I see says he is a very good press corner that can fly. Grig's brought him to town for a private meeting.

He brought Bobby McCain in who's 5'9 after working him out at Memphis. He'd be the slot and a very good 11 int's the last 2 years.

I saw the post trying to come up with a pattern to the size of players. It is kind of a small sample size for that IMO but its dead time

I really like this draft, especially adding some depth to our CB depth with Darby. Darby might be good enough to take Tolers spot midway through the season. Also like Jordan Phillips as our NT. Decent draff, don't really like that we didn't take a running back for the future.

Not sure 3/8 of an inch matters but if you think so ok.

Everything I see says he is a very good press corner that can fly. Grig's brought him to town for a private meeting.

He brought Bobby McCain in who's 5'9 after working him out at Memphis. He'd be the slot and a very good 11 int's the last 2 years.

I saw the post trying to come up with a pattern to the size of players. It is kind of a small sample size for that IMO but its dead time

You make good and fair arguments....  

The Colts DID brings in Darby....      and McCain....     though Darby feels much more 2nd round to me,   and McCain a few more rounds down the road....

This is also the time when every rumor -- both real and imagined -- starts to come out......   things will get crazy the last week...

Really like the whole mock...I like both UDFAs too!  If I was going to do one thing, I would try to get Josh Robinson (RB) from Miss. St. with our first pick in the 6th, instead of Green.  I know from your previous posts you do not see RB as much of a need and I agree for the most part, but I also think that Robinson can provide something no other RB on the roster can, and that is how physical he is.  Not saying, Gore and company aren't physical, but I think Robinson is on another level in that regard.  Add him with Grant (speed!) and we could have some good competition at the RB spot this summer.

Edited by 21isSuperman

You make good and fair arguments....

The Colts DID brings in Darby.... and McCain.... though Darby feels much more 2nd round to me, and McCain a few more rounds down the road....

This is also the time when every rumor -- both real and imagined -- starts to come out...... things will get crazy the last week...

That's where I took Darby was in the 2nd although with all the problems coming out about the other CB's I'm concerned he may not be there now

That's where I took Darby was in the 2nd although with all the problems coming out about the other CB's I'm concerned he may not be there now

Yeah....  off the top of my head,  I've got him right around 50 +/-   So, I'm not sure he reaches us at 61 either....

Really like the whole mock...I like both UDFAs too! If I was going to do one thing, I would try to get Josh Robinson (RB) from Miss. St. with our first pick in the 6th, instead of Green. I know from your previous posts you do not see RB as much of a need and I agree for the most part, but I also think that Robinson can provide something no other RB on the roster can, and that is how physical he is. Not saying, Gore and company aren't physical, but I think Robinson is on another level in that regard. Add him with Grant (speed!) and we could have some good competition at the RB spot this summer.[/quote

I'd have no problem working Robinson in. I really wanted to somehow grab Davis but too many needs early.

My thing with RB's is I feel like it's one of the few pick and play positions. We could grab one next year that kid from Ohio St. would be nice and start him day one.

There's more of a learning curve at other positions. It's why I feel it's crucial we come away with Toler's replacement this yr. IMO it's the most important pick for Grigs to get right. It's a great year for it there are a handful of talented press corners to pick from.

If you have two solid guys on the outside it makes playing D a lot easier. It gives the DC a lot more freedom.

We need to find a S as well but its not as an expensive or crucial as CB to me. There are a few I like. Amos I think has all the makings to excel in our system. The more I watch Bama and Louisville the more I like the other guy on those teams Sample and Perry.