Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill Polian sees Shane Ray as next robert mathis

I am not listening to any of you.  I'm more in agreement with Polian and he's got credibility.

I think Ray will be a good player in the NFL.  I am a bit different on his style of play than Bill Polian

however.  In my eyes his style of play is more similar to Dwight Freeney(maybe even Trent Cole), quick twitch with a high motor who just keeps coming and coming. Although I think Ray could deal better with playing from a stand up position than Freeney did if you put him in a 3-4.

Gets beat sometimes just like Freeney, runs too far upfield sometimes just like Freeney(heck for that matter Mathis too), but he eventually and consistently causes havoc each and every time just like Freeney. Just looking over his game vs Florida and I see him beat DJ Humphries at least 3 times with 2 being sacks.  Humphries is slated for the 1st round of the draft and I'm sure if I pull some more tape I'll find Ray beating other quality tackles. Come on with the excuses, but I think I'm going with uncle Bill on this one.  I'm not buying all the Mike Mamula workout warrior bull about 3 cone drills.

Ray is quite a bit faster than Bjoern Werner, and I'm sure in the pros that he'll add a couple more spin moves and some other things into his repetoire to get him to the qb in ways he didn't utlize in college.

I see him as the next Bjoern Werner.

Dustin,

Bill Polian is one of the best talent evaluators in the history of the NFL. He has a bust in Canton waiting on him, because he left a huge imprint on the NFL. His football knowledge is larger than every member who has ever posted on this board combined. 

How anyone on this board can have the audacity to believe they have a better scouts eye than Bill Polian is beyond comprehensible.

It is OK to have an opinion, but learn to know when to tell yourself that you could be wrong. It is a vital piece of our growth.

Could Polian be wrong? Sure. Is he wrong? Not very likely he is.

For others reading, please understand the context of this reply. Dustin has went on record several times claiming that "Ray Sucks". Dustin has repeatedly attacked the thought of anyone liking Ray as a prospect. Now Bill Polian compares Ray to Mathis, and Dustin still holds his ground.

Dustin,

Bill Polian is one of the best talent evaluators in the history of the NFL. He has a bust in Canton waiting on him, because he left a huge imprint on the NFL. His football knowledge is larger than every member who has ever posted on this board combined. 

How anyone on this board can have the audacity to believe they have a better scouts eye than Bill Polian is beyond comprehensible.

It is OK to have an opinion, but learn to know when to tell yourself that you could be wrong. It is a vital piece of our growth.

For others reading, please understand the context of this reply. Dustin has went on record several times claiming that "Ray Sucks". Dustin has repeatedly attacked the thought of anyone liking Ray as a prospect. Now Bill Polian compares Ray to Mathis, and Dustin still holds his ground.

Lol...even the best of general managers are wrong more than they are right. Remember, Polian is the same guy who RG3 > Luck and liked the trent Richardson trade. he obviously knows more about football than anyone on this board, but talent evaluation is far from an exact science.....it's closer to crapshoot.

Lol...even the best of general managers are wrong more than they are right. Remember, Polian is the same guy who RG3 > Luck and liked the trent Richardson trade. he obviously knows more about football than anyone on this board, but talent evaluation is far from an exact science.....it's closer to crapshoot.

I would take Bill Polian's crap shots over any person who has ever posted on this board, or any Colts board.

Dustin,

Ray sucks.

Ray sucks. 

Unfortunately for you this is not a fantasy world so repeating the false accusations and clicking your heals won't make it true. 

Obviously the NFL has spoken. Even with a possession charge, the Broncos not only took him in the first round, but they traded up to get him.