Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Won't Go For The Perfect Season But....

HeavyC

I am disgusted-it wasn't about winning a few years ago when we could have had a perfect season and now * Caldwell is going to blow the 1st round pick.

I think they already have. I don't look for the Jags to play to play hard, feeling that Luck may keep them >>>ed for another decade. Look for another IR or 2 in Jacksonville. The only good news about this is, Luck will end up in the NFC.

I am disgusted-it wasn't about winning a few years ago when we could have had a perfect season and now * Caldwell is going to blow the 1st round pick.

I am durrr it wasn't duhhhh winning durrr a few duhhh we could have durka durr perfect season but durrr Caldwell durka 1st round duh durrr durka durka.

The decision to not go for a perfect season and the decision to lay down like dogs for a draft pick are not the same.

Caldwell likely loses his job if he can't scrape up a few wins and you wonder why he wants to win? Forget that, you do know that he isn't really in full control of much concerning the Colts, right?

It is going to be great....we can have 2 - 3 wins for the next 5 or 6 seasons and really build up our team...with back up linemen and second string running backs!!!! But it is about pride....2 - 13 sounds sooo much better than 1 - 14. I am soooo proud of my team for this win. What was the second win we got the year before Peyton arrived? I don't remember....I do remember Peyton being on our team and helping us dominate. When Luck comes in and if he is a dominant force like Peyton, we will all remember the second win of this awful season.

It's completely ridiculous for anyone to be hoping for the Colts to lose out this season. That is not football and that is not being a fan.

I was disgusted last night when I heard Mike Mayock going on and on about Colts fans wanting the team to lose out so we can get the number 1 pick. I NEVER want the Colts to lose. If you want a losing team go cheer for the Browns.

Will Luck be a great NFL QB? Probably. Could Luck be another Ryan Leaf? Possibly. I am tired of hearing about him and I grantee the players on the Colts roster are too.

My hope is that we get the number 2 or 3 pick and get a good solid D player that can come in and help get us to a Super Bowl the next couple of years.

Side note: I think it was great that Reggie was the one to catch the game winning TD in possibly his last game at home as a Colts player. He has been a pleasure to watch over the years and I hope we can get a few more out of him.

It is what it is man. I want the #1 pick as much as the next Colts fan but you have to play the season out then let the draft picks fall where they may. I don't like tanking whether it is for eschewing 19-0 or to secure the first overall pick. Seeing the elation of the Colts players after that win told me alot and as a fan of the team, I am happy for them. No one knows what any of these future guys are going to become so at this point I will just hope that the Colts make the best of the hand they are dealt in April.

For what it is worth as of today the Colts still have the first pick in the draft. The game in Jax is still ahead and the Rams and Vikings still have 2 games left so nothing was determined last night.

What kind of colts fans are you people? True fans want Andrew Luck yes but nothing trumps winning. Even if it is only a 2-13 record this team deserved that win. I for 1 was super excited when Reggie caught that pass with only seconds left in the game. I want Luck just as much as anybody but would NEVER hope for my team to lose no matter who we may get in the draft. These guys are professionals let them have their glory because God knows it's been a long long time since they've had anything to hold their heads up to lately. As long as Peyton is healthy we don't need Luck anyways, as long as they have Peyton to mentor them and listen and watch all the things he says and does any of the top 4 QBs coming out of this draft will end up being real solid QBs in the future. Peyton has never had any talent on the bench to mentor. The colts have never used any low picks on QBs in Peytons era, all hes had to work with was undrafted free agents and guys like Sorgi and Painter. Look at Andy Dalton, he didn't get picked untill pretty close to the middle of the 2nd round in last yrs draft and look how he's turned out(and thats without a guy like Peyton being on the roster to learn from let me mind you). This is all assuming Peyton will be back next yr but as long as he is we will be just fine. But even if he's not back next year I would never root for my team to lose especially not on our turf in Lucas Oil, and if I was a player and read some of the comments people post on here I'd lose alot of respect for all the fans here in Colts Nation.

What kind of colts fans are you people? True fans want Andrew Luck yes but nothing trumps winning. Even if it is only a 2-13 record this team deserved that win. I for 1 was super excited when Reggie caught that pass with only seconds left in the game. I want Luck just as much as anybody but would NEVER hope for my team to lose no matter who we may get in the draft. These guys are professionals let them have their glory because God knows it's been a long long time since they've had anything to hold their heads up to lately. As long as Peyton is healthy we don't need Luck anyways, as long as they have Peyton to mentor them and listen and watch all the things he says and does any of the top 4 QBs coming out of this draft will end up being real solid QBs in the future. Peyton has never had any talent on the bench to mentor. The colts have never used any low picks on QBs in Peytons era, all hes had to work with was undrafted free agents and guys like Sorgi and Painter. Look at Andy Dalton, he didn't get picked untill pretty close to the middle of the 2nd round in last yrs draft and look how he's turned out(and thats without a guy like Peyton being on the roster to learn from let me mind you). This is all assuming Peyton will be back next yr but as long as he is we will be just fine. But even if he's not back next year I would never root for my team to lose especially not on our turf in Lucas Oil, and if I was a player and read some of the comments people post on here I'd lose alot of respect for all the fans here in Colts Nation.

So basically what you're saying (and by basically, I mean exactly what you wrote) is that in 1997 you WITH OUT A DOUBT would have rather seen the Colts win one more game and draft Ryan Leaf, then get Peyton Manning.......... Yeah, I believe you......

ONE OF THE BEST POSTS I HAVE EVER SEEN ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't agree more!!!!!! I've been a Colts fan for 20 years so all this "rooting for them to lose means you're not a true fan" crap, is rediculous. What it means is that you are a true fan and plan on being for the rest of your life!!!!!!!!!!! It means that you have even a spec of football I.Q. because if you do not want the best QB out of college in the last 15 years to play for your team for the next 12-15 years, you shouldnt be a fan anyway!!!!!!!!!!!! 14-0 and winning means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but 0-13 and winning is the MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD???????

So basically what you're saying (and by basically, I mean exactly what you wrote) is that in 1997 you WITH OUT A DOUBT would have rather seen the Colts win one more game and draft Ryan Leaf, then get Peyton Manning.......... Yeah, I believe you......

Whos to say we wouldn't have gotten Peyton Manning anyways? If you remember It was a toss up who would be picked first Manning or Leaf. Unless you could tell the future back in 97 and knew the colts would have the record they had and end up with Peyton Manning. You never know in this league who may end up coming out of the draft and being you're future franchise player, so I root the team on and let the chips lie where they fall and hope they take the best man on the board which they did when they took Peyton Manning. He happened to be one of the players that panned out and became one of the best QBs ever to play the game. Whos to say Luck will end up with more rings and a better future than Landry Jones or RGIII? Landry Jones could end up being the next Peyton Manning and Luck the next Ryan Leaf nobody can predict these kind of things.

The Colts win last night just ruined my Christmas. If they win next week, kiss Luck goodbye.

Well I'm sure that it made the players Christmas a little brighter and for that I am glad and also glad that they won. I hope they win next week and let the draft fall where it may. Sorry your Christmas was ruined and hope you can salvage it for your sake. Have a great Holiday.

Whos to say we wouldn't have gotten Peyton Manning anyways? If you remember It was a toss up who would be picked first Manning or Leaf. Unless you could tell the future back in 97 and knew the colts would have the record they had and end up with Peyton Manning. You never know in this league who may end up coming out of the draft and being you're future franchise player, so I root the team on and let the chips lie where they fall and hope they take the best man on the board which they did when they took Peyton Manning. He happened to be one of the players that panned out and became one of the best QBs ever to play the game. Whos to say Luck will end up with more rings and a better future than Landry Jones or RGIII? Landry Jones could end up being the next Peyton Manning and Luck the next Ryan Leaf nobody can predict these kind of things.

Thats true and I respect the opinion, but I'm a Colts fan until the day I die, I want what's best for the franchise, not the next game. I agree with what you are saying about QB's comming out of college, so if Luck turns out to be a bust, we draft another one in a few years. My point is, Luck is the most complete and talented QB coming out of college in the past 15 years. Assuming Peyton stays for two more years, there's no other QB I want working with him. He's the closest to a sure thing I think we will see in a long time. I'm a realist so I know he could very well be the next ryan leaf, but to not want the chance to find out is insane...

It is going to be great....we can have 2 - 3 wins for the next 5 or 6 seasons and really build up our team...with back up linemen and second string running backs!!!! But it is about pride....2 - 13 sounds sooo much better than 1 - 14. I am soooo proud of my team for this win. What was the second win we got the year before Peyton arrived? I don't remember....I do remember Peyton being on our team and helping us dominate. When Luck comes in and if he is a dominant force like Peyton, we will all remember the second win of this awful season.

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew Luck is not going to change this team. There are bigger issues first. You know what I bet in 3-4 years when Manning is coming close to retirement there will be another stellar QB. If we have the chance to take Andrew we will, but you know what he isn't going to save anything in the near future.

Did Manning change his contract? I could have sworn it said 5 year contract last year.... Maybe I am having some math issues is 5 minus 1 now equal 2? I read so much that if Manning is healthy we will have him for 2 maybe 3 years.... If he is healthy why wouldn't he finish out his contract which I am pretty sure 5-1 is still 4 unless there has been some new math law changes that I have not be advised of. IF Manning is healthy... and I thought I read some where he is currently at 85% (not even sure he was that healthy for last 3 years)... Don't we have 4 years to worry about his replacement? How much can happen in 4 years?